Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-11, 12:28 PM  
sciencelady

Well, MBody did try to give us some warning of this- this is an e-mail I received this week:

As I'm sure you're well aware of, our goal here at MBody Strength is to provide the best to as many people as possible.

My personal goal is to bring unconventional training and kettlebells to the masses (and not in a Kettleworx, Jillian Michaels sort of way).

I have decided to dramatically drop the price of our kettlebell DVDs for a few reasons...

1. Every Kettlebell dvd out there is ridiculously over-priced. Mine was cheaper than most but is still not to the "masses" level

2. The more DVDs I get out the more kettlebells have a place in the traditional training world

3. If I hear one more person say they know kettlebells through Jillian Michaels and yet have never heard of Steve Cotter, Mike Mahler, Pavel, or the like I'm going to scream! (I know it sounds like I bash Jillian a lot but only for her kettlebell skills. As a motivator she's great and has gotten a lot of people off their a$$)

Now, why would I let you know this is my plan? Well, for starters I don't want you feeling cheated. You spent considerably more on this DVD (which I know is worth more). With that said, I would like to extend an offer your way.

I am in the process of creating a website (without going into too much detail) that will be a subscription website. There will be a lot of cool functionalities and tools, tutorials and workouts that will extend beyond kettlebells. This site is in the works as we speak and it getting it's finishing touches on it. The price for the site is still being discussed but it will be anywhere from $5-$20/month. For those who are interested I invite you to be members on the site for a year free when it is available in the near future.

If you are interested, please reply to ashley@mbodystrength.com and we will gladly put you on this exclusive list.

If you ever have any training questions, send them our way. We're always happy to help!

I'll take them up on their offer...
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 12:34 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Ouch! I'd be sending an irate e-mail right about now...so what was the benefit of the presale?
the kicker was that it even stayed at presale price once it was out! i specifically sent and email asking if the price was going to be higher once released... otherwise why bother presaling?????? i was told yes... but i watched and watched and it never rose up from presale (and it wasn't even like we got free shipping like amy and kelly do when you order early!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 02:59 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I'm on their site now, and would like to order but shipping is steep ($13.48) when getting both Essentials and Advanced DVDs.

What to do...

Pam

Like I need more Kettlebell DVDs!
You can ask them use USPS instead of UPS and the shipping price goes down to $6.50. I'm debating... yeah, not that I need another KB workout.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 03:08 PM  
Calistro

I purchased it at $34.99 a couple of months ago, with a steep shipping charge + customs to the uk.
I could have coped with that if the disc, was not scratched. I also asked for a replacement and that was dislodged and scratched as well. I could not bother to ask for a 3rd replacement.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 03:17 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
You can ask them use USPS instead of UPS and the shipping price goes down to $6.50. I'm debating... yeah, not that I need another KB workout.
Ashley is a sweetie! She sent me an e-mail and asked me if I wanted to change my shipping method to USPS! Very nice of her to do so, and credit me the difference!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 07:13 PM  
bellee

Well I bought my DVD about a month ago for $10 more so I feel cheated. I also thought the price I paid was good. Oh well, at least I like the DVD.

OT - For those who have the essentials DVD, can you tell me where is the cool down? I cannot see it on either DVD!
bellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 08:02 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

RUNNING to order both. I've been trying to trade for these with no luck. Thank you!!!!

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 09:15 PM  
icebergslim

In defending MB45, I will state this. Marcus is running a business. Businesses, especially from the internet do not let you know "ahead of time" that they are cutting prices. Yes, I agree the price cut is quick, but don't all dvds eventually get priced down, even Cathe!! Lastly, Marcus is right these kb dvds are off the chain in the overpricing. As much as I like AoS and Lauren, they are not 15.99 or even 19.99. Why should we who like kbs pay huge prices for these workouts? I am going more towards the paper route, setting my gymboss with my own music. You will be surprised how fast the workouts go. You don't need to have a dvd on to get a good, solid workout in. Oh, one thing about RKS is that it has given me more ideas about my own creativity in setting up my workouts, for that I am appreciative.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 09:18 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellee View Post
OT - For those who have the essentials DVD, can you tell me where is the cool down? I cannot see it on either DVD!
There isn't a cool-down on the MB45 essentials set, many KB workouts don't include one (you cool-down on your own). But at least there is a proper warm-up, and 6 workouts (so not bad for the original & especially for the sale price, most KB DVDs have 1-3 workouts on them).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 09:21 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
Lastly, Marcus is right these kb dvds are off the chain in the overpricing. As much as I like AoS and Lauren, they are not 15.99 or even 19.99. Why should we who like kbs pay huge prices for these workouts?
which is why i ultimately ended up buying RKS.... the workouts averaged out to about $7.00 each! a much better deal than AOS at $50 a workout/dvd. and yes... as much as i like lauren... her dvd's are ridiculously overpriced...

it would have been nice if he had adjusted the prices prior to preselling them/selling them though... yes others drop their prices... but not by 50% in just a short couple of months time! however he'll probably make more money selling volume now...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mb45 essentials