Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-03, 09:48 AM  
katwoman

My favorite "oldie" is Firm - Vol. 3! I even have two copies in case something happens to one of them!!!
katwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 11:06 AM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

Uh-oh...

I think I've just discovered that LOTS of my videos are old. I have a nearly complete collection of FIRMS--I'm only missing Boot Camp, Cardio Step Mix, and Prime Power Total Body. I have Kelli Roberts Step and Circuit vids (mostly I don't care for step, but I love her). I have a bunch of Karen Voight, and a few Kathy Smith.
And, silly me, I never really think of them as old. I guess I'm a little like Maryane in that I think of them as golden if they work and I enjoy doing them.

I've also noticed that very often, I'll trade new ones that just don't strike my fancy for older ones I used to have but traded away then wished I had back again. Odd compulsion, isn't it.

Of course, now I'm feeling a little *old* myself. HMMM... Maybe I need video therapy? Something new, something hot, something very *now*.... anybody have any suggestions?

cheers,
Tamara
Old 02-02-03, 11:17 AM  
Caryn C
VF Supporter

Karen Voight's Energy Sprint and Great Weighted Workout. I don't think that anything she has done since even comes close to those two!

Caryn
Caryn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 12:07 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

When I'm feeling really nostalgic (and have 90 minutes to blow) I'll do Jane Fonda's Challenge. I even bought an extra copy from Collage although my old one is still in good shape. Of course, I modify most of it for safety reasons, and even though I don't see the point in many of the exercises--just what do arm circles do for you anyway?--I do get sore from this workout. And her background exercisers are so amusing!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 12:51 PM  
Glynis van Uden

I think most of my videos would be considered old now :-) The ones I still like to do are: Jane Fonda's Complete Workout, Low Impact Aerobic Workout, the stretch section from the Stress Reduction Program and her yoga tape; FIRM Vol. 2 and 6, FIRM Cardio, Classic Parts Lower Body Sculpting, NSTA; Kathy Smith New Yoga; Ali McGraw Yoga Mind and Body; and Gilad Step Aerobics on the Beach. I also have Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout, which I still do occasionally, as well as her Great Buns and Thighs Step Workout.

Glynis
Glynis van Uden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 01:01 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Step Reebok: The Video
Step Reebok Circuit Challenge
Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights
Kathy Smith's Peak Fat Burning
Denise Austin's Stretch and Flex
Denise's Sizzler
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 07:01 PM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

I guess I use a lot of old tapes in my everyday workouts. Why? Because I like them, the tapes are still in good condition and also, quite often I find these tapes are still available for sale. I bought most of my tapes in fact this past year!

Here are some of my oldies but goodies:

Cher: New Attitude
Kathy Smith New Yoga
Ali McGraw Yoga Mind and Body
Karen Voight Energy Sprint

I did Cathe's Power Max today (1996) and was thinking that the tape's music seemed "new" to me. No, there were no "new" 2003 tunes but the last time I ever listed to dance music was back in the early to mid 90s so the music actually seemed current to me. I think that's why a lot of these tapes seem current. When I first bought Energy Sprint (around 94 or 95), I thought it was too dull but, now, I guess I've mellowed and really appreciate the jazzy soundtrack and comprehensive workout. It's nice to hang on to these tapes because your tastes can change over the years.
TuesdayTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 07:12 PM  
garylatasha

Step Reebok= the original

love, love, love this video

Tasha G.

""Exercise is done against one's wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse""

"Mommy...whatcha doin?"
"Just spinnin baby....just spinning"
garylatasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-03, 11:41 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

I have a lot of old videos that I keep "just because". Then, I have some that I keep because I still do them:

Firm 2, 3, 4, 6
Jane Fonda's Lean Routine
Jane's Favorite Fat Burners
Cher & Keli
Cathe's oldies (Step Heat, Step Jam etc)
Fitness Formula
Sweatin' to The Oldies 1 and 2
Gilad's Step & Tone
Jane Step workouts (the first & second)

I love working out! I need more hours in the day!!

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 01:31 PM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Re: Step Reebok= the original

Quote:
Originally posted by garylatasha
love, love, love this video
Uhm, I have it available for trade.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags