Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-11, 10:02 PM  
tigger

Whose classes have you taken live? Whose do you want to take?

Last weekend I attended Dallas Mania for (I think) the 13th straight year. In the past I've taken classes with Patrick (my all-time fav), Petra, Gin, Keli R., Mindy, etc. + many others, some who do home videos and some who do not. This year was pretty much the same as last year (not a big year for new stuff) so I wasn't super excited about going. However, Amy Dixon was on the schedule for several classes, so I was excited for that since she's never been there. I took a cycling class with her, and she is an excellent live instructor. I really hope she comes back as I would definitely do more of her classes. She is really great with motivational cues, and at the end of the class people were talking about how good she was. I'm pretty sure I was probably the only one there who knew her from her home video work (or knew who she was at all). She said "going breathless" multiple times in her cycle class which of course reminded me of Breathless Body.

As far as whose class I would love to take live- KCM. That probably won't ever happen as she doesn't seem to do instructor training. I've never seen her name on a convention schedule, and I'm not likely to be heading her way anytime soon.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 10:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

So funny! I did KCM's TLC this morning and as I was doing it I was wishing I could have a live class with her!!!

I have been fortunate enough to take classes with Burr Leonard, Cathe, Mindy, and Tracy Reifkind (personal training and a class).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 02:42 AM  
Tan

Esther Fairfax, who is Lotte Berk's daughter, John Scott and David Swenson. David Swenson's physical capabilitywas awe inspiring.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 05:33 AM  
muddjeansgal

Judy Sheperd Missett of Jazzercise
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 05:56 AM  
Dawn
VF Supporter

Kimberly Spreen, Billy Blanks, Keli Roberts, Jen Carmen, Tracie Long, Susan Harris, Tamala Hastie (I'm sure there are more from the FIRM trip but it's been ages since I went). Kimberly's was a heavy bag class and it was seriously the toughest workout I have ever done (and I loved it)!!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 07:44 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have taken Cathe, Christi Taylor, Rob Glick, Patrick Goudeau, Keli Roberts, Mindy Mylrea, Kendall Hogan, Andre Houle, Seasun Zeiger, Gay Gasper, Jay Blahnik, Kari Anderson, Nancy Tucker, Stephanie Huckabee, Tracie Long, Jen Carmen, Allie del Rio, Janet Brooks, Rebekah Sturkie, Emily from The Firm, Tamela Hastie, Christa Suggs, Allison Davis, Pam Cauthen, Libby Heath - that's all I can remember offhand. I've been to a lot of fitness conferences and on Firm and BodyFit trips.

I will probably take more classes from current and ex-Firm insreuctors when I go back to visit next year.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 06:50 PM  
firmaniac

I wish I'd taken a class w/ Kari Anderson when I lived in WA,and I wish I'd taken a class w/ BB and TaeBo,and Richard Simmons (don't laugh)when I lived in CA; I've only taken live classes at the old The Firm Studio,and Bodyfit. So Nancy Tucker,SueMi,Janet Brooks,Lisay Kay,Tara Judge,Allie Del Rio,Jennifer Carman and Suzanne Bates are my live classes. Of that genre I would love to have a class with Tracie Long and Pam Cauthen's yoga...

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:35 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I used to go to a lot of fitness conferences and conventions, so I have taken classes with many video instructors: Gin Miller, Kari Anderson, Cory Everson, Gay Gasper, Rob Glick, Keli Roberts, Petra Kolber, Christi Taylor, Mindy Mylrea, Patrick Goudeau, Ilaria, Michelle LeMay, Kendell Hogan, Seasun, the Urban Rebounder instructors, and various Les Mills instructors from Australia and elsewhere, Margaret Richard, and some of the Lotte Berk instructors from the original studio in NY. I met Shelly at the Physique 57 studio, but didn't take a class with her. I took a Rodney Yee yoga workshop and have been to several Cathe roadtrips.

Instructors that I would like to take classes from are: Gilad, Kathy Smith, Tracy Long, Jane Fonda, Mari Winsor, Tony Horton, and Karen Voight.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:40 PM  
bdandy3
VF Supporter

I've taken classes/workshops from both Steve Ross and Alan Finger. They were both amazing.

I would love to take a class from Eoin Finn and am hopeful it may happen before the end of the year.

You cannot be good or bad at yoga. Just do what you can and you will reap the rewards.
Alan Finger
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:15 PM  
Orlita

Wow, Twyla Tharp! I'm jealous (though I'd be scared to study with her).

I've taken with Eoin, Ravi and Ana, Misty Tripoli (2 classes, yoga and dancing), and Carrie from Pure Barre. I think that's it. Tilak was hosting Eoin, so we got a little taste of his personality but not of his teaching.

All 6 were very friendly and down to earth, and I enjoyed all the classes.

I'd like to take a class with Ellen, Fred and Lis, Leah, Andrea Rogers, Burr, Jenifer Galardi, a number of salsa instructors, and more with any of the teachers I already took a class with.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote