Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-14, 07:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

21 Day Fix! half hour per day.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 07:34 PM  
angie_nrs

Just thought I'd throw out JNL Fusion as a 30 minute option as well. Pretty much all of these fall into that time range. I have been doing these for about 3 weeks right now and I love them! It's much easier for me to eat cleaner because these don't spike my appetite like the longer workouts do. So, I have been shedding some pounds and feel like I am as fit as when I was doing the longer workouts.
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:34 PM  
neatski

A vote for Barre3 streaming workouts- tons of 30 or 40 minute options. Sometimes my lunch break is all I've got, and those fit in nicely. I even do them in street clothes sometimes.

I don't think you need anything more than 30 mins a day to get fit. Just make those 30 minutes count.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I did a search for "Everything Short Workouts" as I thought there was a sticky, but found nothing.
Doing a tag search for "short workouts" brings up 53 threads (soon to be 54 once I tag this one!).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

100 workouts, 30 min
click on the above hyperlink to take you to the 30 minute workout list in the rotations forum. Joanna added a list of 100 20-minute workouts to the same thread.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:56 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaulnier View Post
Hello fellow vidiots!!

I am almost 6 months post-partum with my second kid, which means I'm home with a 2.5 yr old and a 5.5 month old all day. Most days I can really only get 30 min of exercise in. I went on a sleep deprived internet shopping binge for 30 minute routines because I am desperate to get back in shape.

I want to lose at least 10 lbs by June 27th. Do you think I can really achieve this goal exercising in 30 minute chunks or is this a pipe dream?

In case you are curious, I'm doing Fe Fit, mixed in with the 25 min Buti routine, Slim Series Express, Ellen Barrett express workouts, Tracy Anderson Dance/Cardio and Precision Toning segments, and Leah's Ballet Body Total Body segments.
I'd also be interested in hearing about any great 30 minute workouts out there!

Thanks,
Aimée
Yes, I shrunk 1-2 dress sizes a couple years ago doing The Firm Express and Jillian Michaels Body Revolution 5 days a week. They are 20-30 minutes long.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 09:08 PM  
pbnj

Isn't 30 minutes what they are recommending for heart health? Personally, I don't particularly enjoy longer workouts, so I'm not doing them much these days. I've had good results with 30 minute workouts as well, as long as my diet was ok.
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 10:16 PM  
missaulnier

Whoa, just checked out all the Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness options. So. Many. I will have to force myself to wait at least a month before buying any, so my bank account can recover from my latest DVD acquisitions. Maybe this is the moment to experiment with YouTube workouts and such.

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions ladies, very encouraging! Jeanine - what a great list!! I try not to be obsessed with weight but I really want to fit into some of my old clothes by my 40th birthday and get out of my two pregnancies worth of Target nursing gear. Ugh, so over my saggy baggy wardrobe.

Have any of you tried Shaun T's Focucs T25? Its not usually my style of workout, but I keep getting sucked in by the ubiquitous informercials.
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 04:58 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
A vote for Barre3 streaming workouts- tons of 30 or 40 minute options. Sometimes my lunch break is all I've got, and those fit in nicely. I even do them in street clothes sometimes.

I don't think you need anything more than 30 mins a day to get fit. Just make those 30 minutes count.
+1, fer shur! Barre is such great exercise for new mothers--no impact, no shoes so less risk of injury should someone wander underfoot, and so effective and core focused, which is what you need after pregnancy/childbirth. 30 min. Is absolutely sufficient.

I LOLd about Target nursing clothes! My younger son is 3 and I still sleep in nursing tanks! Love em! But I've bought newer ones in recent months.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 05:13 AM  
bearcatfan

You may want to check your public library for Kelly's workouts. My rinky dink library has several 30 Minute titles, and there is always inter-library loan. They might not be on the shelf in front of you, but I would imagine given where you live you could borrow them quite easily.

I'll also put in a plug for some of Cathe's workouts that are in the 30 minute range, if she's your style. Cross Train Xpress is very good (though older and a fair bit of impact) plus most of her workouts have shorter premixes. I also make good use of the skip chapter button to make workouts fit into that 30 minute timeframe.

Tags
short workouts