Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-14, 09:27 AM  
PhyllisG

OK so Cathe can be $10 a month but how many other sites are you subscribing to? That can add up to a hefty monthly bill. What if you don't even utilize the site for a month or more because you have become interested in something else. I really don't think this works for me. I will cave only when I am forced to or I have so many workouts they would probably last me till the end of my life.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:02 AM  
Vee

I wholeheartedly prefer streaming. Some years ago, i did each DVD several times over and repeated a workout for many years. Now, I like variety. I never repeat even the great DVDs more than a few times, because something new gets released. The number of workouts getting made has exploded exponentially. I don't see the point in owning any more.

I see it like subscribing to tv channels. You may not watch every show and a month may go by when you don't watch a channel at all.

That said I don't think I would subscribe to more than 3 to 4 fitness steaming sites at any given time, and I would pick only those that I use on a frequent basis.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:33 AM  
Rhonda

This is going to sound dumb but if you don't have fast internet would streaming work? I have tried youtube videos and even those will stall out.

Thanks
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:37 AM  
susand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
That's awesome for all of the Cathe fans out there. I'd be interested if Cathe had one of her background exercisers do modifications. I've wondered why she doesn't incorporate this into her workouts. It would make her audience even wider.
amen to this!
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:43 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I own all her dvds so the only thing that interests me is the live streaming. I'll wait for reviews though because I don't want it if it's like the Road Trip footage they showed. Very hard to follow along unlike a dvd that has better angles.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:55 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
This is going to sound dumb but if you don't have fast internet would streaming work? I have tried youtube videos and even those will stall out.
Maybe depending on your internet speed (your not on dial up I hope) and if you can choose the quality of the streaming. In case you don't know this is how you can do this on youtube. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/91449?hl=en

Here's a website that lets you test your internet speed. http://www.speedtest.net/

I'm on what many might consider slow internet. Verizon DSL 3Mbps Down and .75Mbps Up. I have no problems with Youtube or Netflix especially when using medium quality settings which looks fine to me.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:55 AM  
dela

I'm not ready for streaming and I love my dvds. I can definitely see where in the future streaming workouts could be great if a big company like Apple or Netflix creates a mega site of workouts to choose from, but right now I don't see the value yet since I would have to sign up for multiple instructors to get the variety I want.

Specific to Cathe, the live classes sound interesting. However, I really have everything from her collection that I want, but if I were new to Cathe, this service would be pretty cool as a way to try out her vast library of dvds, even if just to preview them before buying.

Also, my tv is so old it doesn't even accept USB, I bought ChromeCast as a way to try to ease into the idea of online workouts, before I realized this
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 11:01 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
IAlso, my tv is so old it doesn't even accept USB, I bought ChromeCast as a way to try to ease into the idea of online workouts, before I realized this
Does your TV have an HDMI port? That's all you really need. There's an adapter (in the google chromecast box) where you don't need a USB port on the TV you just plug into a regular power AC connection.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 11:12 AM  
Yelly

I just signed up! I've never done streaming before, so this will be completely new for me, but I'm very excited about it! I've been wanting to get her new dvd's anyway, so this way I'll have them instantly. Plus I'm excited to try her live classes, and wanted to take advantage of the intro offer of them being free.

I've been on quite a Cathe kick lately, so for me this is exciting news! There are very few instructors where I would actually pay money each month to stream their videos exclusively, but Cathe is one of them. I can't wait till they add the premixes too
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 01:08 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post

Thanks
I don't have fast internet and I can barely stream anything, if at all.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote