Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-14, 06:53 PM  
hollymarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Hollymarie - are you still following her body type plan?

I'm just curious what kind of a result you've had with it? If you're not doing it anymore, why did you change?
I followed the apple plan for the month posted. I don't go too much by the scale, but I did notice some of my clothes were looser. (Not following any specific food plan, though) I work out with Jessica every day now; I'm following the weekly plan she posts, and recording my favorites on Pinterest. Since I like to exercise before work, I usually try for 30 minutes or less.

I really enjoy working out with Jessica and her dogs

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 07:18 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I have been doing Jessica's online workouts and her latest DVDs exclusively for the past three weeks. I'd been suffering from a lot of overtraining injuries and was just mentally and physically exhausted.

In the past three weeks, my physical ailments are slowly healing, and I'm very now much aware of listening to my body instead of denying it. I stopped wearing my heart rate monitor and logging my calories burned. I have weighed myself nearly daily for months, but I've now decided to put the scale away.

My mental block against low intensity workouts is slowly fading, and I'm finding myself smiling more while working out with her (and her mom and Peanut). I know I'm late to the Jessica Smith party, but she just seems like such a nice person and I'm really enjoying actually having energy to spare through the day. I have noticed that my range of motion is much larger when doing low impact workouts, in addition to improved balance, and I even notice my posture through the day at work now or standing in line.

I am planning on following the apple plan -- perhaps we could start a check-in?
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 07:32 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I'm an hourglass, which sounds so much more glamorous than I look. I have tried, and liked, the hourglass workout but haven't done any of the others in the hourglass plan. I have done the 30-minute full body stretch, rest and relax from the "straight frame" plan several times and love it. Didn't the straight frame plan used to be called boyish?

BigBadBetty, Jessica says that no matter what your body type, you can do any of the workouts - they'll be good exercise but won't make you something you're not. Just in case you want to try one or the others to see if they're any fun for you.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 08:13 PM  
jerebo

I've been following the Pear plan, though I don't think I've had any visible results, largely due to poor eating habits. I think I need a bit more "cardio" than the plan provides. I don't necessarily mean cardio in the literal sense of the word, but more that my heart rate needs to be higher for longer.

However, I have enjoyed the workouts--no dread factor at all. And I like the overall design of the workout--Cardio Sculpting (or Aerobic Weight Training ), steady state, HIIT, and then unweighted and barre-type work. I like how quick the workouts are, though I've added other things in as I have time.
Old 04-24-14, 09:31 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollymarie View Post
I followed the apple plan for the month posted. I don't go too much by the scale, but I did notice some of my clothes were looser. (Not following any specific food plan, though) I work out with Jessica every day now; I'm following the weekly plan she posts, and recording my favorites on Pinterest. Since I like to exercise before work, I usually try for 30 minutes or less.

I really enjoy working out with Jessica and her dogs
HollyMarie, me, too! I'm enjoying following her weekly plan and adding on Erin Motz's Do You Yoga 30 Day Challenge practices (they are all on You Tube) to my Jessica workout for the day. I also try to walk my dogs at least 4X per week and do a little walk (20-ish min) 3X per week when I work in my office.

Also, been thinking about following her body type workout, but I can't decide if I'm an hourglass or a pear - I actually think I'm a bottom heavy hourglass.
So I came up w/ this "generic" rotation to try for both of those body types:

Strength Workouts: The Hourglass Workout, The Pear Workout, 30 Min Weight Loss Cardio Sculpt

Higher Intensity Cardio: 30 Min HIIT it hard; 25 min Bootcamp Boogie

Walking/Moderate cardio: Power Walk; Belly, Buns & Thighs Walk

Floor/Barre: 15 Min Lower Body Barre; 15 min Saddlebags workouts

So, w/ those categories in mind here's the generic rotation:

Day 1 - Strength Day

Day 2 - Higher Intensity Cardio Day

Day 3 - Floor/Barre Day

Day 4 - Moderate Cardio Day

Day 5 - Strength Day

Then, for days 6 & 7 you can pick a wild card workout or do some extra stretching. Most of the workouts are w/in the 30 min range, so there is time for an add on each day as well.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, over 50, pear