Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-14, 12:45 PM  
Gatorfan76

Talking Jillian Michaels One Week Shred

In the upcoming releases section at Amazon

Jillian Michaels One Week Shred

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Description at Amazon:
Need to crash your weight loss for a special upcoming event high school reunion, wedding, party, beach vacation
in a bikini, etc.? Jillian Michaels' new DVD One Week Shred has you covered.
It's a comprehensive one-week diet and exercise plan to help you lose those last few stubborn pounds you've been
dying to shed so you look insane and feel amazing.

To get the best results in a one-week
period, Jillian will push you through two 30-minute workouts a day. You will start with a Strength workout in the morning and complete a Cardio workout in the evening. One Week Shred also offers a custom meal plan so you have all the tools you need to get the rockin' body you've always wanted.

You can do anything for one week! Jillian gives you the schedule, workouts, nutrition, and motivation; all you have to do is show up! Get started with Jillian Michaels One Week Shred today!

DVD INCLUDES:

Workout 1: (39 min)
Features results focused moves with weighted resistance to develop core strength, tone muscle and build endurance, laying the foundation for rapid weight loss.

Workout 2: (34 min)
Three high-energy cardio circuits incorporate sprints, high knees, squat thrusts and more to keep the heart rate elevated for maximum calorie burn.
Old 01-11-14, 01:42 PM  
Leonana

As an intermediate exerciser, I'm afraid it would kill me, lol. I do like her workouts though.
Old 01-11-14, 01:57 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Definitely interested. Thanks for posting.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 02:08 PM  
herya

I'm not in the market but 30 Day Shred was a great one. It's a good motivational idea too, to push oneself for a week... and they maybe you like it enough to continue or at least repeat once in a while.
Old 01-13-14, 09:29 AM  
Ann1964

Since its only 10.49 or so I will order, but doubt if I do 2x a day
I like her DVDS
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 02:09 PM  
marissajd

Hmmm... this sounds tempting!

OTOH, I have so many Jillian DVDs already... I wonder if I could get the same effect by doing a workout from Shred/Ripped 30 in the morning and a cardio disc from JMBR in the evening.
Old 02-27-14, 01:24 PM  
violingal3

There were a few One Week Shred threads floating around, so I didn’t want to start another one. I’m tacking this on here and will post in the reviews section. Anyway, I got this early from Mary and did it this morning. I was able to jot down notes last night and here is a breakdown for anyone interested. All circuits are completed once and repeated before moving on to the next circuit.

Strength AM
Warm up – jump switches, toe tap stretches, arm circles, side lunges, plié hops, cat/cow stretch
Circuit 1
Stiff leg deadlift w/row and bicep curl
Static squat w/wide row
Side to side push up
Bear into down dog, pike push up
Crab kick w/tricep dips
Circuit 2
Figure 4 squat w/serving bicep
Crescent pose w/tricep kickbacks
Warrior 3 w/delt raises
Pendulum lunge w/halo and woodchop
One leg squat w/kick back
Circuit 3
Crunch w/oblique leg raise and chest press
Reverse plank into table
Breast stroke in prone position
Push up into “surf board squat”
Sumo squat with calf raises and tricep french press
Circuit 4
Plank with knee in variations
Hollow man into Russian twist
One handed plank – punch forward – side plank – punch upward
Forearm plank and jump knees into elbows
“Cauldron” crunches
Cool down - hamstring stretch on floor, butterfly stretch, quad stretch, arms swings into standing shoulder, tricep, oblique and chest stretches

Cardio PM
No warm up, goes straight into cardio circuit
Circuit 1
Jacks w/arms
Jump rope
Butt kicks
High knees
Skaters w/balance
Jab cross punches
Plank w/legs in and out
Speed bag
Circuit 2
Sprints
Tuck jumps
Thrusting front kicks right
Thrusting front kicks left
Bear w/kick outs right
Bear w/kick outs left
Ski moguls
Soccer taps
Circuit 3
Jump jack squats
Plank w/jacking the legs
Alternating circle runs
Alternating one arm burpees
Fast feet
Jump forward and run back to starting position
Knee thrusters w/twist right
Knee thrusters w/twist left
Dynamic stretch/cool down – leg swings and hold knee in, legs swings and hold quad stretch, arms swings into standing shoulder, tricep, oblique and chest stretches

CONS – The strength workout was a little lacking in strength. I was expecting more weighted moves. It was more core focused to me. No warm up for the cardio routine if you’re jumping straight into it. I did it right after the strength workout, so it worked out fine for me.

PROS – I like the 30 minute split, but I love that I can do the whole thing in an hour! I didn’t think I’d like the set from the clips, but I did! Jillian still pushes you through the workout, but either the blonde highlights or having kids has mellowed her out! LOL I loved the cardio section. It’s nothing groundbreaking from Jillian, but I got a good sweat on for only 30 minutes.

There are modifiers for low impact/beginners and more advanced levels. I like some of the fresh moves – sometimes I hate it when instructors get too creative on me and I never know if I’m doing the move properly or not. Although Jillian’s approach is more basic/athletic, a lot of the core/plank moves were reminiscent of what I’ve already seen in Dream Body and Tonique! These were much more doable because I knew there was a time limit and Jillian doesn’t go super-fast compared to the others.

All in all, I really enjoyed this. I kind of stopped buying Jillian’s DVDs after Extreme Shed and Shred. NMTZ and BFBM are my all-time favorites, so this is kind of a nice combo of the two with some fresh moves. Is it Jillian’s hardest? No, but they are good workouts and I’m just happy I tried a new workout and didn't Joni-O it for once! That's been happening a lot lately! LOL The time flew by and I felt like I got a great workout in, so I'm happy!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 01:55 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Thanks! It looks like typical Jillian -- which I like. Might bite...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 04:51 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissajd View Post
Hmmm... this sounds tempting!

OTOH, I have so many Jillian DVDs already... I wonder if I could get the same effect by doing a workout from Shred/Ripped 30 in the morning and a cardio disc from JMBR in the evening.
Seems like the concept is the same and I'd be willing to bet you would.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 06:02 PM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

It sounds like the optional week at the beginning of JMBR where you do 2 a day workouts and a really strict diet. I'm tempted by the dvd but I think I'll skip on the free diet plan included.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, one week shred