Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-17, 11:07 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu View Post
I wish she would put out another one, but don't think she will, due to most workouts going straight to her streaming service. HTH.
She has made a comment on Facebook about writing another one. Nothing official just a response to a post where someone said they took her book and had it spiral bound so it would lie flat and she responded that that was a great idea for her next book.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 09:49 AM  
msu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
She has made a comment on Facebook about writing another one. Nothing official just a response to a post where someone said they took her book and had it spiral bound so it would lie flat and she responded that that was a great idea for her next book.
That would be great. I'll remain hopeful. Thanks for the info!
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 07:54 PM  
buffmama

Thanks for the great info on the different programs. Makes it much easier to pick the right program (SLAM 2).
Old 11-25-20, 02:06 PM  
buffmama

Was about to pull the trigger on these and noticed some double KB exercises. I don't have double bells. Would these be worth getting? Also, how heavy are most going as I will not be buying more KBs at this time.
Old 11-25-20, 02:30 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I did BeSlam 2 over the summer. My most used kettlebell is my 12kg (26lb). I do have a pair of them and use them for most of the upper body work and getups. I used my 16kg (35lb) and my 20kg (44lb) for most lower body and heavy swings. I did advance my strength during this program and started using my 16kg for getups and double bell squats. I really saw growth in strength with this program. It was subtle though. The first month I didn’t know if I was accomplishing anything but I was. Lauren knows what she’s doing.

You can use whatever weight works for you obviously. If you want to have strength gains just lift as heavy as you can with good form. If you don’t have double bells you can just do them one side at a time. You could sub dumbbells for double bell squats too. I paired this rotation with Dasha’s summer strong rotation which may have added to my strength gains but they played so well together I couldn’t resist doing them together.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 09:30 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I did BeSlam 2 over the summer. My most used kettlebell is my 12kg (26lb). I do have a pair of them and use them for most of the upper body work and getups. I used my 16kg (35lb) and my 20kg (44lb) for most lower body and heavy swings. I did advance my strength during this program and started using my 16kg for getups and double bell squats. I really saw growth in strength with this program. It was subtle though. The first month I didn’t know if I was accomplishing anything but I was. Lauren knows what she’s doing.

You can use whatever weight works for you obviously. If you want to have strength gains just lift as heavy as you can with good form. If you don’t have double bells you can just do them one side at a time. You could sub dumbbells for double bell squats too. I paired this rotation with Dasha’s summer strong rotation which may have added to my strength gains but they played so well together I couldn’t resist doing them together.
Thanks for the feedback. Any one else want to enable (or not)?

Tags
be slam, lauren brooks