Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-15-15, 02:03 PM  
TinaT

Menopause Thread Continued.....

Have any of you found that you can't workout early in the morning anymore? I have had to give myself permission to change it to late morning/early afternoon. I used to hit the floor and get going by 5:30ish. I'm so exhausted that there's no way I can master that right now.

This has kept me from working out on a regular basis.... until today! I just finished working out with Tracie L. (Defining Shape), and feel pretty good. Not amazing, but pretty good. I'm really taken back at how weak my thighs have become.

What other changes have you made to your routines/workouts due to menopause? Not only when I workout but for how long. I pushed through today to do the full routine, but will be looking at 30 minute workouts for the most part. Yeah for premixes!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-15, 02:59 PM  
Sollamyn

I'm still doing early morning workouts, but my only other option is right after I get home from work around 5:00ish. Sometimes that just doesn't work because I'm too tired by then or I'm too hungry and want to eat first and then I'm too tired after I eat. Anyway, even if I don't sleep well, I'm still feeling better rested upon waking than I do in the early evening hours after a long day at work, so early morning works best for me.

Donna
Old 09-15-15, 03:02 PM  
BunnyHop

I can't handle the crack of dawn anymore, but that's probably due to my sleep meds.

When I was on a different dose, I'd wake up quite nicely early.

Not quite so early now, and I take a bit longer to get moving.
Old 09-15-15, 03:07 PM  
momofcha

I can't at all. I barely make it out of bed before my kids leave for the day. I hate it. I am so thankful that I can work from home as much as I do. I do work out before work, but I have the luxury of starting my workouts at 6:45am.

I have changed my workouts so much lately. I'm so frustrated right now though because despite following the 21DF containers, I can not lose a pound. I lost 2 pounds the first week, gained them back and have been holding steady ever since.

Right now 30 minute workouts are my max, but I am finally back to my weights that I missed that wiped me out for a while there.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-15, 03:30 PM  
TinaT

I'm at home as well, so I can plan my workout schedule a bit more liberally then those that don't.

I'm also dealing with "brain fog". I think I know what works best and then I change my mind. Right now I've decided on no more purchasing of dvds until I know for sure what is having a positive effect on my body. So far, Tracie L. is working out well. I'll stick with her for awhile and I'm not using any weight over 8 lbs.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-15, 04:52 PM  
sunday

I am 50 and post meno, but I've never, ever been a morning person. There's no way I'd ever jump out bed and go into a workout. Meno has not changed that at all. I do a workout after I get home from work. When I taught, etc. that was thing.

Never had the brain fog either. Really, meno hasn't changed things greatly for me. I get terrible hot flashes, but that's really the only true symptom I have.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-15, 05:04 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I still get up very early to do my workout. If I don't do it early it won't get done. I don't work right now, but getting up early has always been a habit for me. I'm 52, and so far it is still working for me. However, I haven't been through Menopause yet. I'm still waiting....
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-15, 05:32 PM  
videofit

Haven't changed a thing. I've always worked out after work/late afternoon/early evening. I've never been a morning person.
Old 09-16-15, 07:41 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I'm doing both early morning and evening work outs. I've always done this though, so it's not a change either way.

I go to a 6am bootcamp class 3 days a week and run 3 mornings a week. I also go to that same class 5 evenings a week. When I do the morning bootcamp class I get up at 4:30am so I can drink coffee and eat something... a little oatmeal or yogurt... something to fuel me. I have to have some nutrition because I've done the bootcamp class from the night before too, so there is only 12 hours in between.

I'm fully through menopause, so that isn't a factor. I don't work outside the home either, so that gives me more energy than those who do have a job to go to. I will qualify and say that the 6am classes/workouts/runs are immensely tougher than the evening ones.
Old 09-16-15, 08:16 AM  
Demeris

I still get up early for my workouts, but I have always been a morning person, and 35 years ago, as a runner, I was always out the door before the sun was up.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, menopause