Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-20, 08:16 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today was two virtual dance classes (soca and hip-hop), and then an hour-long walk this evening in the snow. It was so beautiful and peaceful out and my mood really improved after that. I would much rather walk in this than on a sunny, hot summer day.

DCW, Great job on the pushups. I can't believe a covid-positive person would not inform their contacts! That could (more likely WILL) lead to someone's death down the road when the virus eventually spreads from person-to-person-to-person. Actually, I take that back. Based on what I see these days, I can believe it.

Alta, lately I have to agree with you on some of our fellow humans. I think it is the minority, and that most people are good at heart, but boy do those few bad apples really stand out lately. The attitude of everyone for themselves and too bad for anyone else. Sorry, I am being a real downer here.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:31 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I did get in a walk on Friday with our dog Poppy and did Yogini by Ellen Barrett. I needed some lower body work but didn't feel like dragging out the weights.

Saturday was 4DS Kickbox with Cathe and segment #1 from Stretch Max.

I was lazy yesterday. It was cold, rainy and dreary here. I've been crocheting a Batman blanket for one of my sons (who is 32 years old...) so was able to get it finished finally. It's only taken me 2 years! haha

DCW - your comment about rocks in your pocket made me laugh...thanks for that! I too am getting tired of yard work. Not looking forward to winter but will be happy to take a break from weeds and lawn mowing.

Paula and Alta - my husband works at Home Depot and the stories he tells about the public and how some people behave just make me shake my head. I know there are still decent folks in the world but it is disheartening sometimes, isn't it?

Hang in there everyone. I have to say I'm enjoying being a part of this check-in. It's the first one I've participated in. Thanks to all!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 04:58 PM  
Hsim

Hi All,

DCW - good job on the pushups. I have found that the only way to build up strength is to practice, practice, practice.
Annette - I am sorry to hear about your cat. That is heartbreaking.

Work has been keeping me very busy so not a lot of time to log in. I have been trying to use up vacation time by taking Fridays off. Unfortunately I have had to log in every Sunday to catch up on my work.

Sat. was Barlates Pilates Mat legs and abs. Ouch.
Sunday is my running day so I did a run and coffee with the endpoint of the run at 7-11 and then I walk home.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 09:32 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today was the latest Kat Gates-Buettner step workout on YouTube and then a virtual hip-hop class.

Helene, everyone seems to be so busy at work these days no matter what industry they work in. I have been told at work that I have too much vacation time and need to start using it, but it seems like such a waste to take vacation now. I like the idea of taking Fridays off, but I would need to work extra time as well to catch up if I did. Sunday used to be my running day too but I stop running around mid-October or so. I am turning into a wimp and refuse to run in winter anymore.

Old 11-25-20, 08:23 AM  
DCW

I am taking off some time too. Even though I can't go anywhere I indulge in taking care of me, e.g. reading books, taking walks in local parks, calling friends, taking pictures, exercising, etc.

I am planning on taking 2 weeks off and traveling somewhere when it's safe.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 05:46 PM  
Hsim

I need to recap what I did this week as it's Wednesday already.

Mon - Cathe to the Max. Just the first 2 step segments, upper and lower plus Tangoflex core.
Tues - just some walks
Weds - Gilad Quick fit - shoulders, biceps and triceps. I will add on some cardio later.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 08:53 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Just two virtual dance classes today - hip-hip and salsa.

I am thinking of taking two weeks off around Christmas. It will be nice just to unwind, sleep-in, read, bake and spend time on hobbies. We got official guidance today that Christmas should only be spent with our immediate households.

Wishing all Americans here a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone says safe!

Old 11-29-20, 02:07 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I did some dog walks this week along with:

To The Mat and LITE Upper Body Stacked Sets by Cathe
Several segments of Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners

I'm new to her and really like Jane's demeanor and calm presentation. I need the slow pace.

Paula and DCW - Reading your comments about taking time off from work reminds me of trying to use up my PTO before the end of the year when I was working. It was always a little stressful because other team members would be doing the same and one particular co-worker wasn't very flexible with her schedule but expected everyone else to be. So happy I don't have to deal with that any longer.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 06:01 PM  
DCW

My DD and I one day finally interviewed my MIL and got her family favorite potato salad and sweet potato pie recipes. She makes it totally different from my mom. So I could never figure it out.

This is our first holiday without my MIL. My DH came across the recipes so I made the pie in her memory. I am so glad we got her recipes to pass down.

I walked every day but no Essentrics so tomorrow back on the wagon.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 08:34 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today was a Charlene Prickett strength workout, and then a virtual hip-hop class.

DCW, so nice you were able to get your MIL's recipes. What a wonderful thing to have and enjoy and be able to pass along.

I was just thinking earlier today that I almost sort of miss all those obligatory holiday get-togethers that would normally be happening around now - even the ones that you always dread but can't really get out of attending. I especially miss all the small interactions with more casual acquaintances that are out of your normal social circle.

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing