Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-17, 12:07 PM  
sherry7899

2017 Holiday Gift Exchange Wish List

If anyone participating wants to jump in early and post their wish list, please don't be shy!!! Seeing other people's wish lists can help with ideas about what to request from their Santa.

Please don't feel any pressure to post your list early if you do not want to do so. Anne is sending out the matches on October 28th, and after that I am taking over as official elf.

If your lists are posted early, it may be a good idea to indicate that you might be adding updates as you come up with more ideas.

I had mine ready early since I'll be doing elf duties!

Thank you!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 12:09 PM  
sherry7899

I'll start if off. I may come back and add more ideas.

Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa.

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.
I have been married for twenty four years to a real sweetie, and we have a wonderful eighteen year old son, and three black cats who we treat like additional children.

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are, non-complicated dance, kickboxing, yoga (including kundalini, hatha, and yin and restorative, and anything to help with low back/neck and hip opening). I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music. I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio. I love anything “woo woo” and hippy dippy (have them all, but workouts like Misty Tripoli, Soul Sweat, Yoga Booty Ballet, NIA, Bellyfit, etc)

DVD Wish List:

-my top wish would be a gift card for the fitness site www.powhow.com. I am really loving the Soul Sweat classes from Alchemy of Movement, which are here:
http://www.powhow.com/classes/alchemy-of-movement-live
I use their classes three-four times a week at least. You would need to get my email address from Anne (sorry for the trouble!). FitGal has my email address also, and so does JENILU. You need to create an account to order the gift card. I know it’s a pain, but I’d use this more than any dvd. They cannot guarantee a VISA gift card would work.

ETA: (if you read this earlier) after writing their customer service, I found out you can use Paypal to pay for classes, which would be great. You would still need my email address for that. I'm so sorry for the hassle, but I use these classes ALL the time and love them. I feel really crass posting it this way, but I wanted to include the information to make it easier. I'm also totally fine with a dvd from the list below-thanks so much!
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...a-gift-faq3352

All DVD’s are available on Amazon:

Chakra Meditations with James Philip
Back to Basics Fitness with Charlotte Ord
Afro Dance Groove by Tomoko Yanagida (favorite)
Yoga for Stress Reduction Hala Khouri

I am a total bookworm and music geek-my Amazon wish list is here-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/w...A21L1ZG6HFP0PW

-monthly planner to log workouts
-I love psychological suspense, and British/Irish authors
-anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy!
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, turquoise, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
-anything to do with Breaking Bad, (I have Bryan Cranston’s biography already!) Better Call Saul or Gilmore Girls, or British tv (surprise me! I love British comedies and psychological suspense)
- cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia
-anything yoga and meditation related-surprise me !
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue or black (size 10 feet)
-bookmarks
-anything dark chocolate, semi sweet or dark chocolate with peanut butter (like Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups) or dark chocolate with peppermint, peppermint bark, bought or homemade
-anything pumpkin, including recipes
-hot chocolate-especially dark hot chocolate or hot chocolate with peppermint
-I am a Trader Joe’s junkie-I love their holiday treats!
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-I love to bake and cook, so if you want to share any favorite recipes (don’t really eat beef) especially for soup/stews/smoothies/healthy or unhealthy treats, I would appreciate it. I mean to share recipes, not to buy cookbooks. I am also obsessed with using my Instant Pot, so if you have found any great free recipes, please share! I also love kitchen gadgets , like cute cupcake liners, or silicone spatulas in bright colors with sayings about baking , or plain ones.

Beauty products:
-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand-nothing expensive)
-I have really gotten into buying different lip colors. I love colored lip gloss/lipsticks in shades from deep pink to rose, wine, burgundy, and red with cool undertones. I can also use clear lip gloss. Flavored lip gloss in vanilla/birthday cake similar to the discontinued ones by philosophy brand are also appreciated, or fruit flavors. Cheap brands are welcome! (NYX, LA Look, Wet n Wild, etc).
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut. No lavender scents, please (causes headaches)
-Shower gel or lotion in any scents listed below, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar
-Body butter from Trader Joe’s in coconut, pumpkin or pomegranate, or body butter from anywhere!
-heavy duty hand cream-my hands get SO dry in the winter
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise, or soft wideheadbands
-curly hair styling products or deep conditioner
-I wear fragrance oils as perfume, and love the scents of lilac, jasmine, gardenia,Ylang ylang, violet, pumpkin, coconut, vanilla, sweet pea,lily, honeysuckle (no lavender please-it gives me headaches)

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following:
-candles (we have very curious cats )
-holiday decorations –we are fully stocked!
-coffee/tea-we have plenty
-lip balms (ones that are not tinted) I have plenty already

Old 10-11-17, 08:31 AM  
sherry7899

Bumping- hope others will post

Old 10-12-17, 06:10 PM  
JENILU

Hello my sweet, patient secret Santa!!
I do have an Amazon public WL for family and friends here that may help, but am truly happy with anything gentle or nothing to do with my allergies. I LOVE homemade items!! - including jewelry!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry...shlist_lists_3

I got a new "therapy" puppy, and she (Lucy) is most of my activity these days. Anything for her would be loved. She gets cold easily. Homemade hankies for her would be loved. We walk a good bit, and I am trying to teach her tricks and so forth.
I also have a sweet parrot, George, and my sweet kitty, Scottie. I am married to the most awesome, supportive man in the world and we each have 1 adult son.
DVDs I'd love (used is totally fine!)
- Jessica Smith - 6 Mile Mix and/or Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility, and Mobility
- Fitprime ^ Kickbutt 4 Day 4 Way Mini Fusion and/or 4 Day Quickie and/or Parts 6 Day Trainer/ 6 Day Slam *
- any Tai Chi Fit DVDs (David dorian Ross) except Strength, which I have
- Gilad Total Body sculpt DVDs ; possibly his Anniversary shows?
- Qigong for Healthy Joints or the one for Strong Bones (Lee Holden)
- There are some new Ballet Beautiful for Beginners Dvds, but they are probably expensive
- anything from Amazon WL

- I would LOVE Jessica Smith's 15 minute fitness series from youtube on DVDr, especially with the 15 minute kettlebell workout added in. I can't workout much to youtube these days and am missing these, and several other things i used to do from there.

- I LOVE coffee and big coffee cups, therapeautic hot teas, Dragon Chai (very cinnaminny), but am allergic to black pepper and it is in some hot teas.

- other loves: big earrings, turtles, notepads or little fat NB, gel pens, therapeautic lipgloss/chapstick and small lotions, addicted to Etsy, tattoo art or steampunk, christian inspirational anything, Thomas Kinkade, calenders or datebook, shot glasses, lighthouses, Alternative music (I love all styles but my heart belongs to Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown and Thousand Foot Crutch, Lindsey Sterling, Pentatonix, Shaman's harvest, all styles actually), ocean/beachy colors and decor

- Fave Smells: I love oils with any health benefits to add to bath, LOVE coconut anything, lemon, cinnamon, relaxing scents
- Autoimmune/keto/ or paleo recipes(quick and easy); a small notebook or recipe cards or even print outs with these would be great!
- Favorite colors: Turquoise, silver, blue, green (turquoise and orange together is beautiful, but not crazy about orange alone). Purple is really growing on me.
- funny workout (or other) t shirts and tanks (esp racerback) but am hard to fit. maybe an XL, 2x if its a tighter fit type. XL in yoga or pj style pants, low cut socks (I wear 8)
- would love a GC from Etsy (addicted to Etsy) or Amazon

Anything is fine, totally! I have a lot of food allergies, so probably not best to send food. Altho, if you can find dark chocolate with no sugar, that would be amazing! (Sherry the elf knows my food allergies)

Pease don't be overwhelmed. I am over the top informative when I do finally communicate. I have a LOT of health issues, but fight thru it, so the more informative, the better.

Bless you and thankyou!! Please have fun! If its not fun, don't do it!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 06:11 PM  
sherry7899

Jen-thank you! I feel weird being the only one on here with close to 200 views!

Old 10-12-17, 06:24 PM  
sbh

Dear Santa, I am still a dvd person. I do a little streaming but prefer dvds.

Here are some of the DVD workouts I am looking for and used is fine with me:

Classic Firm Parts: Light Aerobic Mix
The Firm Parts Ballroom Aerobics
The Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights with Tracie Long
Classic Firm 5 Day Stretch
Attitude Ballet & Pilates Fusion - Bernadette Giorgi
Barre Fitness - Jessica Smith
Eric Zimmer Dance Workout
Edited to add: The Firm Classics Vols 1,2, or 4
..I have a large workout collection, but recently discovered that ballet and the Firm don't aggravate my injured low back. So I am kind of limited on workouts that I can actually do.

I would also enjoy:

inexpensive leg weights - 2 lbs...used is fine too (really need a pair of these!!)
small playground ball
salt scrubs - except those that contain eucalyptus or mint
wrinkle removing or face tightening masks...yes, my face is falling off..lol!
dark chocolate to cope with the fact that my face is falling off.
tinted lip balm in pink shades
Post it Note pads because I have to write everything down now

Edited to add:
My favorite color is black. My shoe/sock size is 9.
I love coffee, the occasional detox tea, and dogs.
We have a new puppy, well 7 months old now. She is a heavy chewer!!
Adult beginner ballet classes are my favorite workout
I also love to bake and really need a biscuit cutter.

I will be so grateful for anything Santa!!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 06:25 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks Sherri!

Old 10-12-17, 08:32 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Okay, here goes! (I will try to make this complete, but will post again to this thread if I update/add anything!)

I have definitely slowed down on purchasing/acquiring DVDs, but I still use them!! So here are the ones that are out there that I have been keeping my eye on:

These can be found on my Amazon Wish List (and anything from my Amazon list is welcome, even if I didn't put it in this post!) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry...shlist_lists_3

Keaira Lashae Dance Move Werk
Tomoko Yanagida Afro Dance Groove
Industrial Strength Dance Workout
Line Dance Lessons Vol. 1 & 2
Mitch Gaylord Melt it Off Sizzlin' Buns & Legs
Jessica Smith 3-DVD Ultimate Walking Collection
Jari Love Get Ripped Express
Harley Pasternak 5-Factor Workout

Also a fitness related (non-DVD) item on my Amazon wish list:
Title Individual Sport Bag Orange/Black

The rest can be found at https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/default.asp

Dance off the Inches Dance Party 2 DVD Set - Island Cardio Party and Latin Cardio Party
D's Hip Hop Aerobics Vol. 1
D's Hip Hop Aerobics Vol. 2
D's Fat Burning Hip Hop Dance Party Urban Style
D's Fat Burning Hip Hop Dance Grooves Country Style
Kelly Coffey Meyer Amped Up Cardio

Can you tell I've been in a dancing mood lately

I am so grateful to my Secret Santa for anything you send. I hope there is enough there to give you options. I am perfectly okay with pre-owned DVDs.

I have added non-DVD/fitness related items to my amazon wish list if you need ideas there. I have one of those wax-melt warmers, but have found that I really like the paper scents that you can use with them, as the cleanup is so much easier (just nothing cherry/cinammon/vanilla scented)! I read a ton, so there are some books on my list that I've been interested in (I'm kind of on a Medical Non-Fiction kick right now, as you'll see). Again, used is completely fine

I am single, no kids, but have 2 kitty babies who are my world, so I love anything cat related. I am also a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan, so you can never go wrong with Cowboys paraphernalia.

As far as food items, I do love dark chocolate and sour candies. I don't like coffee, tea, or banana or cherry flavored anything. I don't have any food allergies.

There aren't really any colors that I dislike, except that I'm not much of a pink girl. Fuschia is great, though I am definitely more of a tomboy with I guess you could say a goth edge, so lacy, girly things aren't my taste. Shiny/sparkly/metallic, however, are right up my alley.

I don't know what else may be helpful to you, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me through an elf

Again, thank you so much for being my Santa, and please only send what is within your means, as I will be thrilled with any item!! I love the spirit of this exchange and getting to know our fellow gifter/giftees more than the gifts received.
Old 10-13-17, 01:52 AM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-17, 06:35 AM  
Rhonda

I will come back and post more but here is a start:

DVDs (used is fine):
Callanetics Core Assets
Yoga (Like short practices, no more than 30 minutes. Don't care for Rodney Yee, Sadie)
-would love some good detox/twist yoga), I have Seane Corne's Detox.
-Some good Balance yoga (would like to try Jane Adams or other instructors)
-Brett Larkin Yoga
Simone De La Rue's Hips/Thighs workout
Stamina Level 2 Pure AeroPilates DVD by Stamina https://amazon.com/gp/product/B002JV...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Stamina Level 1 Integrated AeroPilates DVD by Stamina https://amazon.com/gp/product/B002UQ...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Gift Cards:
Amazon
TotalFitness

Fitness Socks (Size 8 shoe) (like the arch support ones)
Tazo Zen Tea
Celestial seasonings Green Tea with White Tea
Candles (vanilla, cinnamon)
Burts Bee Lip Balm (peppermint)
2018 Calendar (Love wolves, Kittens)
Candy (like all chocolate, caramels (no salted caramel), mints)
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 exchange wish list, holiday exchange 2017