Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-20, 12:46 AM  
Helen

Week 52

Mon., 28th Dec
our substitute Christmas Day - just enjoyed the family
Tue., 29th Dec
Wed., 30th Dec
101min, Mindy - Strength Toolbox
10min, BodyRock - Zuzana - Ab Challenge 24-Feb-2011
Thu., 31st Dec
89min, Cathe - ICE - Low Impact Sweat - Mish Mosh Mix 6 (Double It 2 with Blizzard Blast)
17min, Gaiam - Muscle Therapy Foam Roller
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 05:41 AM  
Helen

Behind on the rotation, but noticed a bonus - if I stop trying to play catchup and just stick to it from here on, I FINISH on the last day of work for the year - into 5 weeks' holiday - good motivation to start another rotation, but perhaps my own computer generated one from a template - no repeated workouts & a variety of instructors.

Monday = 32min, Cathe - Perfect30 - Flow - Yoga Strength & Flexibility
easy enough, not really stretchy enough. Meh.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-30-20, 10:44 AM  
SandyO

Comment from November Thread "The Yoga Ranger Studio with Aprille Walker Yoga: She is fine, but I doubt I'll do more of her classes, as they are pretty much like every other online class".... or so I thought. After the initial 3 classes, I have been drawn to her yin classes. I think today I am doing my 12th class of hers so far. I think a lot of it also was getting sick, and she had a lot of classes I felt would be good for me. Now I just really like her.

Sandy O
Old 12-01-20, 12:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks to Helen, I worked out today even though I almost bailed. I did day 10 of the 30-day Qi Gong challenge, premix 5 of XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders bc I was running behind and Rowvember day 1 (starting over since I only did two of the workouts). I have got to get more sleep bc after my workouts and shower I was so tired I took an hour long nap.

Helen, nice bonus for the rotation to take you right to the last day of work!

Sandy, I keep meaning to try smthg from Yoga Ranger but just haven't yet. Glad you're enjoying the practices.

Hello, buff!

I'm still tired and headed to bed. As always I'm behind on my plans and have too much on my list. Story of my life.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 10:48 AM  
buffmama

[QUOTE=SandyO;2900432]Comment from November Thread "The Yoga Ranger Studio with Aprille Walker Yoga: She is fine, but I doubt I'll do more of her classes, as they are pretty much like every other online class".... or so I thought. After the initial 3 classes, I have been drawn to her yin classes. I think today I am doing my 12th class of hers so far. I think a lot of it also was getting sick, and she had a lot of classes I felt would be good for me. Now I just really like her.

Sandy O[/QUOTE

Thanks for the update. I love me some yin especially in the 20-30 min range and she has a bunch. I'll give them a whirl.
Old 12-01-20, 11:09 AM  
buffmama

Wasn't nuts about today's pilates instructor. Decent enough workout for now and then. Had some fun with Funk Roberts, looking for good short KB complexes. Have to take a look at MB45. Looked at Penny Branshaw's workouts, the jury is out but I will sub one into Heather's calendar when I hit a workout I already did. Found a yogurt shop the teens seem to like will use it to lure buffboy out of the house.
Old 12-01-20, 11:46 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Thanks for the update. I love me some yin especially in the 20-30 min range and she has a bunch. I'll give them a whirl.
I am really loving the 30 minute Happy Hour Yin classes. I am even trying her meditations...
Old 12-01-20, 02:39 PM  
Vantreesta

I have decided the only way to get in what I want is to do Rowvember every other day. I can't get in the rebounder and kickboxing or dance on the same days I row, it's just too much with doing Cathe too. But that's okay! Now I just have to schedule it all the right way so I'm not starving before I finish everything and so I can fit in yoga!

Today was lower body PT before breakfast and walk, then Qi Gong day 11, Turbo Jam Burn, UR Latin Bound and XTrain Bis and Tris. My chest and shoulders are sore from yesterday but not my back.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-02-20, 08:06 AM  
Helen

want to post to catch up, but it's after midnight now...
so, just saying

THINKING OF YOU - YES, I'VE DONE STUFF.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-02-20, 05:37 PM  
Vantreesta

My rowing meter distance is in miles so 2.7 miles is around 4345 meters. That makes me feel much better!

I had a dentist appt smack dab in the middle of the day at noon, by which time I am never done with all my morning stuff, plus I am still tired, so today has been a rest day. After the dentist I had to run to the grocery store and frankly going anywhere just drains me these days. I did get the groceries put away and folded laundry so not a completely lost day. I have been working on my December spreadsheets since I got home bc I didn't get them done yet. We spent the long wknd up north with my father-in-law and since getting home I've been trying to do things I should be doing.