Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-20, 02:58 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They have a really lovely supportive group on Facebook if you are on there.
I just joined, thanks!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 03:15 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I am so proud of them for considering the low impact exerciser, as well as featuring all shapes and sizes.
I do also! I love the background exerciser named Lisa. Her facial expressions always crack me up. She is also very determined to finish and takes little breaks when needed. It is refreshing to have her there.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 10:24 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

H2O was bothering my lower back a bit so I switched to the Real Start Plus this morning. Seeing the normal people in the background needing to take breaks and grab water is so encouraging.

Old 11-25-20, 10:36 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
H2O was bothering my lower back a bit so I switched to the Real Start Plus this morning. Seeing the normal people in the background needing to take breaks and grab water is so encouraging.
Yes, it is! I love that! Natarsha (I forget which series she is in) is a machine! She does whole workouts while holding weights including doing punches with them (which I always thought was contraindicated and I would not do it) and doing jumping jacks. She is inspiring. I will never reach that level!

I hope your back feels better much quickly. I love a practice on the "flow with adee" you tube channel for low back release. It uses a yoga block under your sacrum and feels fantastic. I'll find it and post the link....be right back!

ETA: the instructor now seems to have three different you tube channels. I'm glad I saved it in a playlist or I would not have found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y68I...Z6anuM&index=1

Here is a similar longer practice. I do not do plow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeyg...Z6anuM&index=2

Old 11-25-20, 06:38 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
I hope your back feels better much quickly. I love a practice on the "Yoga By Candace" you tube channel for low back release. It uses a yoga block under your sacrum and feels fantastic. I'll find it and post the link....be right back!

ETA: the instructor now seems to have three different you tube channels. I'm glad I saved it in a playlist or I would not have found it!

Awesome, thank you! My back was not helped by having to sit at the dining table to work instead of my usual chair which was moved to accommodate a new water heater (apartment maintenance decided to replace it before it failed, which I heartily supported). Feeling much better today in my normal spot.

Old 11-26-20, 09:02 AM  
sherry7899

Kate, I am glad you are feeling better. A bad chair can really throw off my lower back. I totally understand.

I am grateful for Body Project this morning. My knees are cranky, so I am not up for an hour of cardio. I am very happy they have a huge selection of thirty minute cardio. I did "beats 2" for the first time and loved it. The dramatic music in the warmup is so motivating! I will definitely be doing this one again. I had to modify some moves because of my knee, but I got my cardio in. Off to do yoga now.....

Sherry

Old 11-26-20, 03:06 PM  
Nelly G

Thanks for posting Sherry. I love Body Project.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 12:17 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:

Sherry, I did the longer practice yesterday evening and it was so nice! The longer holds usually make me fidgety but I definitely needed it. Adee is low key and not super chatty, and the music was soothing. No, I did not do plow

Old 11-28-20, 12:28 PM  
sherry7899

Kate, I am glad you enjoyed it. I really like her practices. She is very calm and focused and does not talk very much. Using the yoga block is wonderful for releasing lower back tightness.

She has another channel with twerking routines. That one is definitely not for me!

Old 11-28-20, 12:30 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
Thanks for posting Sherry. I love Body Project.
You are very welcome! I think I posted that their free site is offering the first week of the new "Totally" workouts for free for a limited time.

Tags
body project