Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-12-20, 01:02 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post, late start this morning due to coughing dog all night (my dog routinely eats stuff in the yard that gets stuck in her throat and causes her to pretty much cough all night - then, miraculously, by morning, she is better...)

Anyway - today was;

Jessica Valent -Buns & Guns HIIT - this one uses a kettlebell and includes your standard exercises - squats, lunges, etc....I do appreciate the efficiency of this one - done in under 30 min.

Jessica Valent - Good Morning routine - a short stretch segment....

My foot is feeling a bit better w/ some ice/heat and w/ yesterday's weather I didn't get out to walk which probably didn't hurt either in terms of allowing for more recovery time.

If it is not much better by next week I think I will come up w/ a mini-rotation of bike for cardio and floowork for strength.

I can do stuff that is standing but I also don't want to irritate things and just have it take longer to heal. It may be a good time to break out the Margaret Richard workouts!

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Moving Mango (You Tube) - 90 Day Pilates Challenge Day 50 which was a short total body routine.

I like Moving Mango - she is very relaxed and cues well. I am intrigued by the thought of doing 90 days of Pilates...but, realistically, I should try for 15 first and then go from there!

My foot is feeling better - icing it and using heat, too and the fact that it has been miserable outside (rain) has made me curtail my walks which is also probably helping. Ellen's workout didn't bother it - most what bothers it is wearing shoes.

I may do a week or two of biking and floorwork routines to see if that doesn't help...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-13-20, 08:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a total washout, weather wise and workout wise. Oh well. I enjoyed the rest though. lol

It's still raining now but hopefully will clear up later for an outdoor walk. I'm thinking some MR too.

I don't know if I mentioned that my DS' school went all virtual this week, they were doing a hybrid up until then. But several students in his class and other classes tested positive to they went virtual for a month. I personally think it will be longer than a month, and it certainly should be with cases rising like they are. DS went for a test yesterday which thankfully was negative.

DONNA, glad to hear the foot is improving a bit and you're working around it nicely.

Hi PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 09:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Made good on my word - yesterday featured:

~ MR Sculpture - first half of lower body workout featuring warmup, calves, quads, outer thighs and inner thighs
~ PT
~ 25 mini ball crunches
~ 30 hip circle butt bridges
~ my own yin yoga hip and heart openers with blocks

Notes on the Sculpture workout - the quad work was a plie series finished with short sets of lunges. The lunges started with bending forward and then the traditional way with torso upright. I thought it was weird, but when you do them bending over the front leg you feel it in the front quad, when upright, in the rear quad. The outer thighs section was very tough. Maybe because my legs were fatigued? I had to keep resting.

Donna, I am happy that your foot feels a little better. Oh no on your dog coughing all night. Your recovery plan sounds wise - and there's always Getting Better.

Summer Breeze, sometimes we all just need a rest. I bet you have a little more energy for it. Our cases are spiking up here and schools have gone remote for at least a month. They hesitated to do it because so many kids lose interest, but what else can be done.

Good morning to Rose and TGIF everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 07:41 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Some walking outside. It was beautiful out.

Summer Breeze- do you think the DVDs are more difficult than the streaming? Do you think the DVDs give a more thorough workout?

Donna- Glad your foot is better. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Margaret if you do it.

Pat- The Sculpture lower body move seems like a good one. It's weird with Margaret's outer thighs as the moves are mostly the same but the sequencing can make it 'eh' or torture.

Have a lovely weekend.

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1302 & #1303
55 minute outdoor walk

Well my rest day certainly invigorated me for a nice workout day yesterday. I put the 2 MR's together and covered almost all the body parts. Started with abdominals, then outer thighs with leg weights, inner thighs on the back with leg weights, pectorals (she did push ups I did flyes) and biceps. Then the next one was triceps, back, quads on the chair with ankle weights, hamstrings leaning over the chair (better on the wrists) and instead of doing abs again I did glute raises with weights on the hips. A very nice workout, only missing deltoids, obliques and calves I think.

I am planning a walk today and maybe pilates, not sure yet.

PAT, good workout day for you. I do hope one day to get up my nerve for Sculpture and Triple Threat. Her 2 toughest workouts I think?

ROSE, interesting question about the streaming vs dvds. I think since she does the same exercises basically the intensity is the same except the streaming workouts are shorter like her unplugged episodes so they seem a little easier because of the length. Of course I've never done her really tough workouts like Sculpture or Triple Threat so I'm sure those are more thorough and difficult. What do you think?

Hi DONNA.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Old 11-15-20, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 53 minute outdoor walk. More rain later today so I'm planning a walk before then.

Waves to all! Have a great day!
Old 11-15-20, 09:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was an outdoor walk and a Pilates workout from Trifecta Pilates. The Pilates workout was interesting, it used weights, gliders, a chair and a mat. I'm considering continuing my subscription b/c I can keep my discounted price as long as I renew...and she does offer a nice variety of Pilates variations w/ props to spice things up.

Today has been:

30 Min Bike Ride while listening to Pahla B talk about running a 5K. Whenever I listen to Pahla talk about running it makes me want to run....

Jessica Valent - Creative Resistance Loop Workout and Bun Burner - both of these workouts used a circular resistance band - good glute work and PT type exercises, like monster walks....

My foot is ok - not better but not really worse either.

Summer Breeze - rain headed here and more lockdowns, too. My DD was supposed to another horse event today but it was cancelled b/c groups can't exceed 25. It is going to be a long winter!

Rose and Pat - hope you are enjoying the weekend. The "smart" thing for me to dot his week would be to focus on the bike and floorwork and MR...we shall see if I do that, LOL!

Happy Sunday - feeling lazy today!

Donna
Old 11-15-20, 10:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Friday was a Glo day:

~ Khetanya Henderson, 15 Minute Arms & Abs, Pilates based with 3# DBs - loved this new teacher's energy!
~ 30 butt bridges
~ Felicia Tomasko, Shoulder Saver Yin
~ Quick series of psoas openers

Saturday I did the usual warmup and walked at the beach. I had to push myself to do it. My Fitbit battery died mid-walk, but I know it was about 1.5 miles and that I got over 10,000 steps for the day.

Summer Breeze, nice workouts on your post-rest day. I had Triple Threat and gave it away. It is a beloved workout among Margaret fans but it didn't click - when I try the streaming at some point I'll revisit it. I forget which collection it is in - The Classics? But Home Improvement is a toughie IIRC.

Have a great rest of your weekend Rose and Donna!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up taking a long walk w/ my DD. So much for taking a break and letting my foot rest. My foot is not better but not worse either...so....

With that in mind, however, I decided to take it on the easier side today:

Ellen - Prayer Flow - although this is all standing it isn't particularly stressful to the feet.

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge Day 1 - this was a nice beginner workout....

The sun is out today, so that is good.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad