Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-10-20, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did get out for a walk - the weather is too nice to pass up the opportunity to get out. I think today will be nice as well and then rain for a few days.

This morning I did:

Ellen Barrett - Total Body Tune Up

Pahla's mini challenge called for an active rest day and while the workout she had scheduled looked good, I did find myself missing Ellen this morning.

Pat - Sounds like a busy day for you!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #702
56 minute outdoor walk

I really enjoyed this MR episode. It seemed like she worked each body part for 4 minutes instead of her usual 3 minutes. Biceps, triceps, abdominals (crunch variations with a weight on the chest which made it more challenging), gluteals (glute raises with weight on the hips which I like much better than all fours tabletop glute work) and inner thighs (legs in and out with weights on the thights while lying on the back, also preferable than side lying). This ones gets a starred review from me.

I am planning another walk today in this summery weather and maybe another MR.

DONNA, nice workouts and walks of course.

Hi PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day everyone.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 09:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I attended the psoas yoga class via Zoom. She put some real tough core exercises in there, I'm sore today.

Summer Breeze it sounds like your MR subscription is going well so far. 702 sounds like an early one.

Donna, how was the horse show? What type of horse does your daughter ride?

I hope Rose is okay, there's more activity in the hurricane zone.

I put my sneakers out where I can see them to motivate me to walk on my lunch break. Have a great Tuesday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 11:21 AM  
Rose

Hello!

Sorry for the absence, but I have NOT been working out. Not even a walk.

Summer Breeze- Margaret's extra minute makes all the difference! I haven't done 702 but I did 703 and my notes say HARD outer thighs. That might be another one to try.

PatThanks for your concern. There is another hurricane and my area has been coned. It's called 'The Cone of Uncertainty' that's where I live

Okay I'll do something today. Maybe just some pushups and bridge work.

waves to Donna
Enjoy the day!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 08:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Finally a day to brag about. I've been lazy about my glute strength PT recently and really felt the "backslide" while working out yesterday:

~ pre-walk mat routine
~ 30 butt bridges
~ lunch walk (.98, 24 mins)
~ Kit Rich's Couch Antidote Pilates (Glo)
~ MR Sculpture bis, tris and chest

Rose, good to hear you are okay. We all get those slumps.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-11-20, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1702
54 minute outdoor walk

I enjoyed this MR too but not as much as #702. It was deltoids, then unweighted quadriceps work with some obliques thrown in, gluteals (hip raises with the weights) sandwiched between hamstrings on all fours which are not my favorite. Overall a good workout though. It's hard to find workouts that don't have some overlap in body parts though. She doesn't always keep the same grouping of body parts from workout to workout if that makes sense. She may do biceps and triceps in one workout but then do pectorals with biceps in another or triceps with deltoids so you are doing the same body part 2 days in a row. I guess it's ok but my biceps were still sore yesterday from Monday's workout so I tried to find a workout that didn't work them again.

I think the nice weather is finally ending today so I will have to walk soon before the rain comes in. Maybe some pilates as an add-on.

PAT, your Zoom yoga class sounds like a good one. #702 was definitely an oldie. Margaret's arms were so chiseled it looked like a sculpture. Spandex overload too Good workout though.

ROSE, I hope you stay safe down there. I'll keep #703 in mind. Thanks.

Hi DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-11-20, 09:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have the day off today for Veteran's Day - even though I will likely log in to catch up on some work....but it is ok if I don't have to respond to e-mails and messages.

Today was:

Pahla B - Squat Free Cardio & Standing Abs - Moderate cardio followed by a standing abs routine....

Jessica Valent - Yoga and Pilates for Arms - body weight exercises for upper body.

Trifecta Pilates - Upper Body Stretch - this one was short under 10 min and used a foam roller to stretch the upper body/chest. A good one to do to counter act computer posture.

We walked the dog yesterday, but probably not today - rainy.....I also think I have extensor tenonitis:

https://www.healthline.com/health/ex...#complications

I think I gave it to myself from tying my laces too tight on my shoes - believe it or not - I hate having loose shoes, but I think I over did it....I also think the new shoes I bought for walks are a bit too "floppy"..which is probably why I felt the need to tie them so tight. Anyway, I'm just going to be mindful of it and try not to aggravate it....doing barefoot workouts does not bother it very much, so that is good. May also use the bike more to avoid too much stress on my foot. I have been using ice....

Pat - nice workouts!

Gypsy Rose - I'm sorry you are in the cone of uncertainty!

Waves, Summer Breeze.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:54 PM  
Rose

Hello!

No hurricane here though I'm sorry for the people in Florida. Later, YOQI for the heart chakra today. And that's it! I've been having some headaches when I do weight work so I'm taking a break until I get a scan next week. I'm sure everything is fine, just being cautious.

Summer Breeze What you said about Margaret's offerings are true. It's hard to piece together a non-repeating workout. Also, some of her series seem to have almost daily abs. Instead of abs, I'll do supermans and other back work. Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Donna Ow! Extensor tenonitis seems painful. I'm glad you figured it out. Ellen is perfect for barefoot workouts so that will be a good plan as you let yourself heal.

Pat Good for you to go back to your PT exercises. They seem to be your foundation along with your walking. Everything else is the 'extra.'
I've never even opened Margaret's Sculpture. Do you think it's her best upper body? I've read people say they practically pass out doing the whole thing.

Take care!
Rose

ps
I took too long to write my message and got logged out of VF. And then I had trouble getting back. The forum looks a bit different now that I'm on. If for some reason I'm not able to log on again, don't worry! Just wanted to let the check-in know.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 08:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I am hoping for a walk today if the rain stops and maybe back to MR.

ROSE, I'm glad the hurricane missed your area but it's been such a devastating hurricane season. I hope you figure out the headache issue. It's wise to be cautious until then.

DONNA, I hope your foot issue clears up soon. Ouch. Nice job continuing to work out in a safe way.

Hi PAT.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-12-20, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning everyone! Nothing formal yesterday but I took advantage of the day off to get some housecleaning projects and laundry caught up, and finally switched out my winter clothes. It's been so warm up here that I'm still wearing my New England in between clothes. Winter is coming though. In between sessions I rested with stretching and inversion table.

Summer Breeze, I also find Margaret has overlap like you mentioned. And those arms - in videos from the Getting Better, Sculpture, etc. era they're chiseled like mad, even with the bodybuilder veins. She always amazes me that she can get through these high rep overload sessions and smile.

Donna, that upper body stretch sounds nice. I should look for some foam roller routines on YT. Good luck with finding a solution to the extensor tendonitis, it sounds like a very nagging condition.

Rose, I haven't done anything on Sculpture beyond the chest, back and bis, yet. The body part sessions seemed longer for some reason, and you do two circuits of differing exercises. If you do the full upper body section it is about 55 minutes. I'll let you know when I gather the courage for the lower body workouts. I sure hope you don't get log-in problems! VF'er Jackie wasn't able to log in for over a month.

Enjoy your day!

Tags
bobandbrad