Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-07-20, 12:28 PM  
Rose

Summer Breeze Oh, so glad you started! The 1700 series is labeled All My Best and those tend to be very good. Some of them are repeated in the other series while others are from years that are not uploaded yet. From what I wrote down, these shows are not repeats:
1702, 1703, 1704, 1705, 1707, 1709, 715, 1717, 719, 1721 & 1722.

She just uploaded the 1500 series and those are nice. My favorite are the early shows, 400, 700, 800, 1000 and the mix of 1700s. Each streaming episode is less complete than a section of her DVDs so it's good to do 2 a day if you want to make it more complete. Looking at my notes, I really liked 703, 1011, 1026, 1509, 1705, 1719 (didn't like music on this one).

I look forward to reading your reviews.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 12:40 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had a workout last night! I did the cardio portions of Ellen's Power Fusion. The floor work wasn't serving me so I subbed in 20 butt lifts (oh I got so weak), some psoas release and deep stretch.

Rose your beach walk with pelicans and eagles sounds wonderful. I do hope hurricane season will calm down for you, though. 1915 does sound like an Unplugged. Thank you for the qigong and meditation links.

Summer Breeze I see you've signed up for the streaming! How exciting. You ladies are going to convince me - maybe I'll try it for a January restart.

Hello to Donna!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 01:38 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Pahla B - Moderate Weights - Day 4 of Body Shaping Challenge
Jessica Valent Pilates - Advanced Pilates Workout*

*I was a bit scared of this one - b/c of "advanced" being in the title but it was definitely do-able and no real crazy moves in it!

After that DD and I took a walk. I may take a second walk w/ my Golden. The weather is perfect for outdoor activities today.

Pat - Ah, Ellen, just her! I try to get bridges in frequently - need to get those glutes on board.

Summer Breeze - sounds like a good routine!

Gypsy Rose - Sounds like a nice walk!

Thanks for the B-day wishes!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 08:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Bernadette Giorgi Pilates Power Ball Sculpt - lower abs and butt express
46 minute outdoor walk

The weather has been so lovely, I am planning another walk today. Maybe I'll add on some MR, I'll see how the day goes.

ROSE, thank you so much for listing your favorites! I'll check out as many of them as I can this month. Thanks for the youtube links also.

PAT, I haven't done Ellen in awhile but I go in spurts with her workouts.

DONNA, nice job with Pahla and the advanced pilates routine and walk. The weather is just irresistable.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Let's Run Podcast 20 min episode on core strength. I didn't run or walk when I did this - I dug out my recumbent exercise bike and rode along while listening to Pahla. She did intervals of 3:1 - - she ran for three min walked for one min - I did lower resistance on my bike for 3 min, higher resistance for one min.

Trifecta Pilates - Reset Roller Routine - a Pilates workout using the foam roller as a prop. I used the roller for some, but not all of the exercises, certain exercises laying on the roller tends to irritate my SI joint.

Summer Breeze - good job! Yesterday afternoon we sat outside on the deck enjoying the good weather.

Waves, Gypsy Rose and Pat!

My DD is in a horse show today (local) so I will go watch her do that and hopefully squeeze in a dog walk later and maybe some yoga, too.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 11-08-20, 10:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had an active day yesterday, visited the organic coop, housework, a little yardwork and a beautiful walk at the beach as the sunset turned to dusk. Also my usual pre-walk mat routine and inversion table.

We experienced a brief earthquake earlier. We're learning it was a magnitude 4 centered in Bliss Corner, Mass. It didn't last long but the whole house shook and dishes rattled

Donna I hope you had fun at the horse show.

Summer Breeze, I'm planning a walk too - it would be a shame not to! I love that Bernadette G. video and will put it in my stack to do soon.

Good morning Rose!
Old 11-08-20, 06:05 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Yesterday, no walking. YOQI Winter Circulate. And this quick 10 min. Tahitian Dance.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqYn8P1tKjw

Today, YOQI later. Again, no walk. Margaret 413. All arms. Fun. She does this boxing that she really gets into.

Pat- Lovely walk and Wow! an earthquake in Connecticut. How strange. It gets the adrenaline rushing.

Donna- that's a good way to improvise the exercise. You make your workout work for you.

Summer Breeze-Enjoy your walk!

Have a good evening.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 07:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

youtube waist exercises - 10 minutes
53 minute outdoor walk

I don't even remember the name of the instructor but it was a nice short routine of 4 different waist exercises done 3 times each. I am planning a walk today and possibly some MR.

PAT, yikes on the earthquake. I didn't feel that one yesterday but we have had a few through the years.

ROSE, MR doing boxing? I may have to check that one out.

Hi DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Pahla B - 30 Min Weights Workout for Women over 50 - this was done circuit style, 2 circuits completed 3X through. Upper Body - Lower Body - Abs. For the standing abs work I did leave the weights out - too risky to be twisting and turning w/ weights in my hands. Pahla must have a strong core!

Trifecta Pilates - Release and Ease Stretches - just what it sounds like, LOL!

If I can renew Trifecta for the discounted price I got for this year, I may keep it for 2021. If I have to pay the full price, I won't. I do find her shorter stuff nice to fit into my routines and for when I'm in the mood for something longer, I generally enjoy her workouts. She also uses a variety of props to keep things interesting.

Yesterday I walked my doggie and then spent the rest of the day at the horse show.

I hope to walk my dog again today!

Summer Breeze and Pat - I remember when we had an earthquake here a few years ago - I was at the pool w/ my DD and I thought she was standing behind my chair shaking it.

Gypsy Rose - YoQi sounds so nice.....

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Donna
Old 11-09-20, 09:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day and good morning! Yesterday I contrived a yoga program starting with "Pigeon Prep" yin practice by Annie Carpenter (Glo) followed by my own series of psoas and heart openers using blocks. After loosening up good I tackled about three hours of gardening for the final prune back, cleaning up and putting stuff away. That called for another deep stretch and inversion table session. It was gorgeous out and I wanted to walk, but duty calls.

I have to run - bogged down in my grant project. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tags
bobandbrad