Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-20, 08:21 PM  
Rose

Hello!

No walk today as I was waiting for the telephone repairman. Instead, did Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies 4 for 25 minutes.

Margaret episode 1715. The 1700's are her 'All the Best' and most of them are very good episodes. This one was great. It started with one armed triceps pushups, then abs, then the HARDEST outer thigh I've ever done with Margaret. Ouch! The second leg was hard but I think she switched things up a bit a quit early as even she was humbled by the first leg. And then some long inner thigh work. Excellent episode with good music.

Pat Aw, your avatar is serenity itself. Serenity and Ozzy, two sides of Pat? Relaxing with a hint of wild and crazy

Waves to Donna & Summer Breeze

Enjoy the evening

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 56 minute outdoor walk.
I am planning a walk today and maybe some MR? I've been missing her workouts, short and to the point. I am visiting with my sister this afternoon so I better get moving here.

PAT, lovely avatar. We had some chilly days in the 40s last week so this 60s week is delightful. I do try to walk throughout the winter unless we get one of those polar blasts or a lot of snow. Last winter was mild so I walked often.

Hi DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my Golden, so that is good.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Midlife Metabolism Boost - which was essentially a short circuit of cardio and weights.

Jessica Valent - Physical Therapy for SI Joint Pain - nothing unusual in this one - the normal exercises you see in PT type videos - but still valuable! The focus of this workout was to stabilize the SI joint - so a good amount of glute and hip work - which seems to be the remedy for so much that goes wrong w/ our backs these days.

Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Flexibility.

I plan to take a walk again today - I'm going mid/late afternoon since after work it is getting too dark.

Summer Breeze - enjoy your visit w/ your sister!

Gypsy Rose - Richard's Sweatin' to the Oldies sounds fun!

Pat - I like your new avatar!

Hope everyone has a good and peaceful day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I still haven't fulfilled my daily goals. I've decided this week is just about hanging on to my sanity and stopping overeating. Saturday is my WW meeting and I'll take stock and get a fresh start then.

I meditated on Glo twice yesterday - Destress and Focus by Rod Stryker and Support Restless Sleep by Felicia Tomasko. I also got almost 6,000 steps just from hunting for toilet paper!!! Here we go again. I will try for an outdoor walk today.

Donna, thanks for the avatar compliment.

Summer Breeze I'm going to do my best to walk today, apparently it's shaping up to be a nice one. I hope you get out there and enjoy it, too.

Rose, yep that's me!! I do get on the Crazy Train from time to time.

Keep up the good work ladies, you continue to inspire me.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 05:20 PM  
Rose

Hello!

A perfect workout day!This is what I hope to accomplish everyday. Qigong, a walk, strength, 15 minutes light cardio and some house walking.

YOQI Autumn complete routine. Later, a 2 mile walk on the beach.

10 minute house walking after breakfast & lunch. My goal is to get my blood sugar down and I read that easy walking for 10 minutes after a meal can assist with that. Who knows but I'll try.

In the afternoon, Margaret 1019. Good music and workout, everything seemed a bit short and easy. So after I was done I did Tae Bo Basic with Billy. Haven't done Tae Bo in years. Very fun. He's so encouraging though terrible form.

Donna What a great find for working on the SI joint.

Summer Breeze Margaret is thorough and relaxing. Does your sister also enjoy exercise?

PatDo whatever you have to do to take care of the stress. This is an unusual week and we all just have to get through it.

Enjoy the day!

Rose
Old 11-06-20, 08:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Jessica Smith's total body timesaver from her Metabolism Booster dvd and a 47 minute outdoor walk. I had started with Pahla B but the screen went blank on me again. The audio continues to play on the tv and the entire video is fine on my laptop that's plugged into the tv so I'm not sure what the problem is but I don't like working out to my small chromebook so that's why I switched to Jessica. I am planning a walk today and possibly more.

DONNA, nice workouts. I hope walking a little earlier while it's still light works out for you especially with this lovely weather we're having this week.

PAT, I hope you got a chance to walk yesterday.

ROSE, that is a very varied and perfect workout day! I have heard that a short walk after dinner is beneficial for controlling blood sugar. Can't hurt right? My sister does enjoy exercising. She never got into the dvds like me but she used to go to a gym and now she has a trainer/physical therapist she works with twice a week plus she rides an exercise bike. She's been telling me about this qigong she's been doing on youtube also. She has COPD so it's very important for her to exercise and keep up her strength and fitness.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-06-20, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I got out for a walk w/ my Golden and DD.

Today, so far, has been:

Trifecta Pilates - Connection Workout - this was a long one - 50 minutes - but when I'm in the mood to do the longer Pilates workouts on the Trifecta site, I do find that I enjoy them. Beth is very thorough in her instruction and the pace tends to be slower so I can better work on form.

Today's workout on Pahla's schedule was core work - and I figured the Trifecta was a good substitute. Probably going back to Pahla tomorrow. I'm finding that her workouts seem ok for me to do so long as I don't go crazy w/ add ons and that I include my own stretching before and after.

Gypsy Rose - that is a perfect workout day!!

Pat - I think maintaining sanity in 2020 is a workout in and of itself.

Summer Breeze - the weather has been nice the week for outdoor walks, we have to take advantage of it while we can!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Quick check-in. I enjoyed Tao Yin class 4, Empowered Core. Just what I needed, some core work plus I felt relaxed, stretched and destressed afterword. Didn't get to walk on my lunch because I had no lunch break. Roll eyes!

Donna - Happy Belated Birthday!

So sorry to have missed it. I hope it was a wonderful day.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 05:32 PM  
Rose

Hello!
A 2 1/2 mile beach walk. Most of the debris has been cleared. A pretty day with white pelicans & 3 bald eagles circling in the distance.

Ballet Beautiful- 2 short ones, Body Revamp & Standing Abs totaling 10 minutes. A pleasant way to get the heart up. So relaxing.

Margaret 1915, a short one. I'm not sure if this is one of her Unpluggeds? I don't have the first two DVD sets of the 1900 series. This was short- hamstrings with the ball, glutes w/ball, then hamstrings again. Nice music. I added some inner thighs with the ball and then outer thighs w/ a band. When I went to the other side, I couldn't remember what I had done. Ha! I get mad when Margaret does that- now i have some sympathy.

Later today I'll do a short YOQI.
Here is one of her Autumn offerings on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G95YwBEIkXI
and a nice fullmoon meditationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YYE_pNcakc

I haven't used this man's practice for Qigong but it looks relaxing. Here's a short one. Maybe I'll try this tonight.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPVe2nvok-M

Off for now- time to make dinner.

Rose
Old 11-07-20, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did MR's series 1200 show #1 and #3 from her streaming site (thanks ROSE!) and a 59 minute outdoor walk. Show #1 had obliques unweighted, delts, back, abs and glutes unweighted but I used dumbbells on my hips then show #3 had triceps, biceps, abs again and outer thigh unweighted but I used a weight on my thigh. Overall very nice. I am planning a walk today and maybe a pilates add on.

ROSE, your beach walk sounds so lovely.
I think 1915 is probably an Unplugged. Since I'm probably only going to do the streaming for a month, any of the seasons a favorite of yours that I should try? Thanks again

DONNA, happy belated birthday. I had no idea. Hope it was a good one

PAT, sounds like a nice workout.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tags
bobandbrad