Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-20, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday DD and I went to a reservation about 10 miles away and did about a 45 or so minute hike. It was a nice day but mostly cloudy and the foliage was still half green so not a great leaf watching day but a nice hike. We may try again next weekend.
I am planning a walk today and maybe some weight work. I did receive the new Cathe workouts but not motivated to try them at this point.

DONNA, I think that simple essential strength workout was the one I did the other day. Nice job with CS. I have several of the CS seasons so no excuse not to do CS more often.

Hi PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:40 PM  
Rose

Hello!
Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Let's see if I can remember what I did?
Friday 2 mile walk, a Margaret Richards 1301
Triceps, Deltoids, Hamstrings, Glutes. The 'Tropicabana' backdrop with the fake palm trees, Okay jazz music, not great, Tris standing, delts hard, hamstrings over chair, glutes chair. Good, solid workout. B

Saturday, Margaret Richards 1501
Biceps, Triceps, Abdomen, Inner Thighs, Hamstrings
Review: Good music, slower, can lift heavier for bis & tris, Inner thighs hard, using chair and towel- lift glutes. Hamstrings standing.Good. B+
Added in some wall pushups and triceps one arm pushups

Sunday
2 mile beach walk
Margaret 408
Quads, Abs, Outer thighs, Inner Thighs, Cool-down Review: Warmup static stretching, Quads standing, Outer thighs Hard!, Inner thighs medium. A good, fast workout. B+
Added in some back work. And some YOQI later

Okay, Personals will be another post.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:46 PM  
Rose

Donna- How was volunteering at the horse rescue? I hope it wasn't too cold.

Summer Breeze- Autumn leaves! Ah, so beautiful. The hikes with your husband must be invigorating for the body and relaxing to the spirit.

Hello to Pat!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old 10-26-20, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On the spur of the moment this morning, I decided to try Lucy Wyndham Read's challenge for this week - she made a schedule with several workouts spread throughout the day for those who are back in lockdown. I have wanted to try doing something like this - so I figured, I'd give it a go for this week (or however long it lasts, LOL!)

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-home...workout-class/

So, i started the day off with:

Walk & Ab Toner Workout - this was fine and approx "1 mile" indoor walk w/ a bit of toning thrown int.

CS 1026 - all standing

Around lunch I will do the calorie burning workout and after work I will do the love handle workout. The weather is gloomy today so probably no walk.

Yesterday in addition to my morning workout I did an outdoor walk in the gloom and Adriene's Yoga for When You are Dead Inside -she has a bunch of Halloween themed practices scheduled for this week.

We did not end up going to the horse rescue, I got a cryptic message about the exec director having to cancel an event b/c people in her social circle had tested positive for COVID - she said everyone at the farm was well - but I felt it was too risky - and for the most part the volunteers and workers there do NOT wear masks, granted, most of the work is outdoors - but you are still not socially distanced when - and we all have to pile into an ATV to ride around the property - so DD & I decided to reschedule our session for another time. I feel that I have been cautious too long to slip up now....

Gypsy Rose - thanks for the details on MR!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Here's what I've been up to:

Saturday my DS visited and we had a great walk at the beach, including walking down on the sand now that the sunbathers are gone. I also had a nice pre-walk warmup of PT and stretching, and earlier in the morning I did another Lee Holden Tao Yin on Glo - Rooted and Resiliant.

Sunday I attended a wonderful two hour restorative yoga class on Zoom. I don't know what happened to the rest of the day! Puttering around catching up on things, I guess.

Donna, you're so good at finding holiday themed workouts. Zombie Step sounds fun! That's too bad about your DD's horse show. COVID just seems to be affecting every big and little thing in our lives. My stove died this weekend and I'm on a wait list to get a new one! It may be coming in January - and she said that is hopefully.

Summer Breeze your hike sounds nice in spite of the leaves not being showy. We lost a lot up here during the windstorms a few weeks ago and our display is ho/hum.

Rose, you've been so consistent with MR. Are you feeling stronger at this point?

Happy Moan Day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 10:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

On a whim yesterday I signed up for a free trial of barre3 so I did one of the 30 minute strength conditioning workouts yesterday and a 49 minute walk in the afternoon. I have some nice mild DOMS today from barre3. I remember enjoying the dvds back in the day so I thought I would give the trial a try. It's a gloomy day today but I am planning to walk this afternoon.

ROSE, great workouts! I love reading your reviews of the MR streaming workouts. I received your pm. Thank you!!

DONNA, sounds like a nice plan for the week with the short workouts spread throughout the day. I think that was a wise decision to reschedule the horse session. Cases are going up.

PAT, what a lovely weekend you had. The walk with your DS sounds amazing.

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 10-26-20, 05:16 PM  
Rose

Hello!

No Margaret workout today! Instead, I did a Jessica Smith cardio with a ball from 7 years ago. I remember doing this workout, jumping around and such. Not now. My aerobic capacity is low. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewf6cK866Y
Then I sorta did this core workout.It's not follow along. Instead, it's tips on form. I like her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukmsxPGe5Y

I'll do another YOQI later this evening.

Donna What a great title for Adriene's Yoga. Egads about the director's message- glad you and your husband aren't going. So many people are getting sick now. People I know who were deniers are finally believers. I pray this is over soon as I also mask and social distance. Donna, hopefully you'll be able to volunteer in the spring.

Summer Breeze I'm looking forward to your foray into Barre3. Their ab work with the ball is good for the lower back.

Pat Zoom yoga seems to be working out really well for you. When studios open up, will you like the option of zoom?
And to answer your question about getting stronger- well, yes, somewhat. I'm still doing wall pushups. I've gone to 3 lbs from 2 lbs on bis & tris. It's not the weight as much as my stamina being low due to my health challenges.

DH & I decided to not visit his family for the holidays due to the virus. I'm relieved. It's a long drive and they have college age kids who will be in and out with their friends. Next year will be better. No judgement towards anyone who decides to visit their families as each situation is unique.

Have a lovely day!

Rose
Old 10-27-20, 07:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 54 minute walk in the misty damp weather. I am meeting some friends for lunch today so I'll probably do a barre3 this morning and then walk to the restaurant.

ROSE, nice job with Jessica. I'm a little concerned about the lunch today since cases are rising again. I hope we can stay outdoors and I probably won't stay too long.
We won't be doing a big holiday celebration this year. Well I used to work on the holidays so we haven't done big celebrations in awhile but even though I'll be home we're keeping it small.

Hi PAT & DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-27-20, 09:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! i continued in my trend of more mind/body fitness yesterday with:

~ Kia Miller Morning Kundalini (Glo)
~ Shakti Warrior lesson 3, Free Flow
~ Fourth and final class in psoas series

I don't have any appointments tonight except with Margaret!

Rose, I've thought about will I continue Zoom yoga. I miss the camaraderie and spirit of being with the teachers and others so much, but two huge benefits are being able to wear whatever schleppy clothes or even pajamas I want, and not having to walk to my car at night. Good job on getting your endurance up - MR sure works your endurance levels in more ways than one.

Summer Breeze - enjoy your walk and lunch today - and good luck. I hope everyone around you behaves.

Good morning Donna and everyone have a great day!
Old 10-28-20, 07:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning again!

Yesterday I finished up Good 'N Strong with Vol. 2, workout 2. I finished that off with some psoas asana and my own stretching. It was a tough lower body workout. I did the hamstrings standing, and did my best to not hold onto anything and add balance work to the mix. Next I will start working through Sculpture.

I'm so glad we have this little check in because it boosted my resolve to get my MR workout done despite being tired!

I hope you ladies have a great day.

Tags
bobandbrad