Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-12, 12:57 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

So . . just wondering . . can anyone compare the intensity level to any other workouts? I know there was a comparison done between JMBR and this one, and I know everyone is saying these are really different than anything they have done before and that you can make it as tough as you want. But, could anyone mention a workout they feel comparably "spent" with? Thanks - I know I can be a pain always asking this question - you are all so great.
Old 06-15-12, 02:29 PM  
Cassy

I'll do a checkin. I seem to really be into 30 min workouts lately so I'm really excited to start these. I love being able to mix and match with something else if I want.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 02:40 PM  
Sharaz

I’m doing the rotation, but my off days sometimes are in the middle of the week. JNL brought a change in my previous workouts breakdowns and her method shocked my metabolisms and for that reasons those last fat layers are starting to move. Now, I only pinch a little on my lower abs. Usually circuits workouts have longer periods between circuits, JNL is different due to the 30 seg method. Also, I think that the strength portion is great. Another benefit that I had experienced is that because is only 30 mins, I have more time to focus on a specific body part that I want to improve.

I have being patience during the last 6 months and now things seem to be working out. Nothing bad about my previous workouts, but change and muscle confusion plays a key role especially when you want to take it to the next level lol My nutrition has always being on check, but I added some little twists that may have contribute to my results. I’m adding insolated abs workouts for definition (Amy Core Cuts 2 times a week splitting the workout on two 30 mins) and DDP Yoga from the basic set for stretch. One day a week I add leg insolation work.

I want to point out again that to get the best of these workouts you have to go full force on each circuit. Also, lifting enough weight to feel the burn and take breaks only when YOU need them not because JNL stops. I don’t look at the TV, I just turn on the beast mode and move as fast as I can lol If you are one that needs to follow the moves of the instructor and cast on workouts and feel uncomfortable pushing yourself, you are not going to get full benefit. I’m referring to advanced, because beginners/intermediate will still find their pace challenging.

ABot – Out of the JNL Fusion set I only feel full spent and out of breath during the 4 strength workouts of week 1. The Cardio workouts will get you sweaty, but not totally spent or out of breath as the strength workouts of week 1. On Week 2 the 10 min workout if you repeat it 3 times is intense because have more plyos. On week 2 strength workouts is better to lift heavy to really feel worked out. I can compare it to Zuzana Circuits because are short high intensity workouts with only water breaks. Insanity is more intense on the cardio aspect. JNL is different because you are lifting weights while coming from a plyo HIT circuit. Believe me is not easy to start lifting those weights while out of breath (taking into consideration that you went at you max and moved fast on the cardio portion) At some point maybe on the 15 min mark my muscles start to fatigue, because you work them nice on the cardio busts too. I had dropped the weight on some occasions. I know you don’t do rotations, so is your decision if you want to spent on the full set.
Old 06-15-12, 02:48 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post

ABot – Out of the JNL Fusion set I only feel full spent and out of breath during the 4 strength workouts of week 1. The Cardio workouts will get you sweaty, but not totally spent or out of breath as the strength workouts of week 1. On Week 2 the 10 min workout if you repeat it 3 times is intense because have more plyos. On week 2 strength workouts is better to lift heavy to really feel worked out. I can compare it to Zuzana Circuits because are short high intensity workouts with only water breaks. Insanity is more intense on the cardio aspect. JNL is different because you are lifting weights while coming from a plyo HIT circuit. Believe me is not easy to start lifting those weights while out of breath (taking into consideration that you went at you max and moved fast on the cardio portion) At some point maybe on the 15 min mark my muscles start to fatigue, because you work them nice on the cardio busts too. I had dropped the weight on some occasions. I know you don’t do rotations, so is your decision if you want to spent on the full set.
Thanks so much for your response! I feel so torn! Thank you though Sharaz - you are always so generous with your responses . . I am so happy you joined the forum!
Old 06-15-12, 02:53 PM  
Rhonda

For these great results people seem to be getting - are you doing anything else or just JNL? I like to do more than 30 minutes but sometimes I like to do more. Just curious as I am debating if I want these. I didn't care for the JMBR workouts.

I am into the horizontal training workouts now so wondering if I could combine these two workouts somehow.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 02:58 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I am going to stop coming in here LOL.
All these good things I am hearing! You all are so bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
No kidding! ... I'm happy with my collection and then I read a VF bandwagon thread like this and suddenly feel that something is strangely amiss in my life .... Hate that!
Ditto! I sometimes hate it here. Haha.

A-Bot, just cave already.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 03:34 PM  
kariev34

Anyone ask Mary if she will carry these down the line?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 03:51 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Let's start a check in I will work on it tonight. I think I'm going to keep doing her workouts for another month. I still have a couple of things to fix and JNL is taking care of it. My midsection is looking smaller, specially my problem area lower abs. I have a 4 pack, but want to take it to the next level lol I can't stop looking at the mirror
I would join a check-in. I am only on my second week of the suggested rotation, so I should be going for at least 6 more weeks!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 03:55 PM  
rhbrand

I ordered today! Got the cheaper price and hope I'm happy with the set.
Old 06-15-12, 04:00 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
For these great results people seem to be getting - are you doing anything else or just JNL? I like to do more than 30 minutes but sometimes I like to do more. Just curious as I am debating if I want these. I didn't care for the JMBR workouts.

I am into the horizontal training workouts now so wondering if I could combine these two workouts somehow.

Rhonda
You can still do these along with horizontal training. She did an excellent job in designing this program. These workouts are great especially when you are short on time and you can use them as an add on. I am doing JNL in the morning before work and if time permits I will add another workout. I have not been excersing as much when I get off just because it is to hot. It is over 100 degress when I get off of work. During the summer I really don't feel like heading to the gym and I have a hard time exercising after work when I get home. I can jump up and change into my workout clothese when no problem but for a PM workout I really need to be at the gym. I am down 10 lbs since starting the program and I workout less but I feel great. Today I went to put my belt on and I see that I am down 2 belt notches

BTW, I like this system a lot better than JMBR. I lasted 2 weeks on JMBR and I have yet to pick it back up but with this systemI can finally see myself completing a rotation. Next week I will be on vacation and I plan on taking my set with me along with a resistance band.

Tags
hunky guys with no shirts, jennifer nicole lee, jnl, jnl fusion, rotations, scratched dvds