Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-19, 10:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi again! Thought I'd do a few personals before heading off to bed.

cyana, nice quote! I can't believe it's December either; it's weird with Thanksgiving landing so late. Timberlake Yoga made me think of Justin Timberlake, LOL. I like the sound of "Frazzle Free Festivities"! Is that only for MFML subscribers?

Aww, Sandra, sorry to hear that November turned out to be such an off month for you! It does happen though; those were definitely some big issues in your family. I'm sure you will find your groove again soon. Sounds like a good workout for today!

Garrie, I love your new avatar! I did Streamline Fitness for the first time in a long time in the past month or so; I only did the first half though.

Gayle, glad you didn't blow away. Nice that you got some sun, too!

Carolyn, that's great! I'm glad you like what you picked; I was always worried about that when we were building our house. How exciting that you are almost done!

I guess I missed Deb last week--welcome!

Today I had a relatively short workout, with about 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and then the first 2 days from Do You Yoga's 30-Day Challenge. I am going to try to continue with these practices for December; most are only about 12 minutes long.

Take care all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 12:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday as it is my usual rest day. For

Today's Workout: I tried something different, doing Classical Stretch episode 1229 right after getting up. First-thing-in-the-morning workouts are not exactly my jam, but it was only 22 minutes or so and it was nice to know I at least had something under my belt! So *maybe* I'll try that again tomorrow. A little later I did Upper Body Strength from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Beth: Glad you made it home! I was thinking about you with all the crazy weather.

Carolyn: Excellent news that your kitchen is back under your control.

Waving to all -- have a great day everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 12:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Back at work today! So far it hasn't been too bad, but my schedule is pretty packed from now until finals start next Wednesday (12/11). Plus there are extra things coming up for the holidays that might impact my workout schedule; like Sandra, I'm going to have to work on staying consistent!

Happy Tuesday (or Monday for me); it was 18 degrees when I left this morning. <<<brrr>>>

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-03-19, 08:01 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. Sorry to be Mia again. I was sidelined with sinusitis, bronchitis, a visitor, doctor appointments, etc. I'm with Sandra on November being a bad month.

Checking in with Cathe's Pure Strength back, bis, and abs.

I don't remember when but a year or two ago I hurt my shoulder on the Total Gym. It took a year for my shoulder to get back to normal. At the checkup on my hip replacement I asked for a cortisone shot for the arthritis in my wrist. The doctor x-rayed my wrist. Yes, it has arthritis probably caused by ligament damage and bones not where they should be. He said it was probably caused by an accident. Oops. The shoulder was so painful I don't remember wrist pain. Probably looking at a fusion in the new year unless the surgeon has other ideas.

Hope to stay around awhile.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, glad you could check in! Sorry to hear that you have been dealing with health stuff. Do tell though...is the man still around?

Tonight I did the next 2 practices from the Do You Yoga challenge; I figured I'd do Day 4 today even though the 4th is tomorrow--that way I might do a longer yoga practice tomorrow.

I know it's not Hump Day yet, but DH and I have been laughing at the pushback that Peloton is getting for their holiday ad:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/us/pe...rnd/index.html

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-03-19, 09:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

My DH and I are presently in southern CA. The movers will be brining our belongings on Friday so we will be doing a lot of functional fitness to get things organized and put away. We will fly back home on Dec 14th.

Yesterday morning I walked 1.5 miles in the neighborhood and this morning I walked 1.7 miles in the neighborhood. I'm going to try to do more walking while we are here in CA since I don't have to worry about encounters with moose or bear. Today I have shin splints from my walk yesterday. Is there anything I can do to prevent shin splints or reduce the soreness of shin splints?

Cyana, thank you for starting our week!

Sandra, I have several CS episodes that I marked as "good for first thing in the morning" meaning it is easy/gentle, provides a feel good stretch and I like the episode enough to face it right after I climb out of bed.

Garrie, your avatar is cute!

Linda, sorry about the wrist pain.

Beth, yikes those Peloton virtual classes are expensive!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 10:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, sounds like a lot of work! Good luck getting everything organized. Will you be bringing any of your DVDs back with you when you fly home?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-03-19, 10:20 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - yes, the man is still around. He'll be here Friday for my birthday. He's the only visitor I get. The word is want. The only visitor I want.

Hi Paine - stretching your shins and calves might help with shin splints. Wish I could walk without worrying about bear and mountain lions. Enjoy those walks. Sorry about the pain.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 11:58 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Give Me Strength (all Upper Body work plus Abs, Quads and Hamstrings)

It's raining today so I won't walk outside because I don't like walking in the rain.

Beth, yes I'll likely bring some exercise DVDs back home but not sure which ones yet.

Linda, Happy Birthday on Friday! I will do some shin and calf stretches to see if that helps. My shins are still sore today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 02:31 PM  
Anny

Linda hapoy birthday for Friday and good to see you back.

Sandra hugs for your difficult November. Here's hoping December is an improvement.

Garrie I definitely had DOMs after Just Abs from Joyce! Have you started as AM at the bookstore yet?

Very exciting about being in CA Paine. Looks like your move is definitely coming together.

I looked up the Brittany Timberlake practices cyana, and have subscribed because I think the 10 days intro to yin yoga might be something I would like to do.

Beth I keep meaning to check out the DoYou yoga Dec challenge. I have started on YWA'S December calendar which has some short and sweet practices. I can do just the practices on busy days (We have had very busy days at both jobs and lots of social stuff already for Christmas and birthdays) and add in workouts on other days.

Gayle those winds sound strong! Sydney has had a fair bit of wind which means that with the Bush fires we have a constant smoke haze as the winds bave brought the smoke to the city.

Carolyn it is so cool that your granite work is finished and that it looks good and that you are happy with it! Sometimes these things don't always turn out the way we expect.