Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-19, 04:45 PM  
Helen

Mon 2-Dec
Steve - Groovelectric - Aerobreaks 57min dog walk, 5km with quite a bit of marching in place for Alice to sniff things.

MENA
I don't travel well either - cranky in less than a week.
Didn't you stop the Jessica rota due to too much of her?

CLEDA
The graph did work fine - fabulous up/down of heart rate - exactly what you need to improve - serious interval training there!!

PAM
House swapping is a great way to go. Townsville would be a great intro to Australia, but did you get to Sydney & Melbourne at all? It's a particular kind of feel up there.

LILI
I'm keen to see your before & after pics! How's your hand today?

Hi Kay!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:37 AM  
mena

Tues 12/3 - Cathe RwH - HiiT Circuit Upper Body (No Blasts premix)

Helen - LOL - I did realize the irony of doing a Jessica walk so soon after saying I was getting bored . I just don't want to do her everyday.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is a poor traveler. It's not lack of interest in other places and people, but I just don't like hotels, airplanes, dealing with boarding the cats, etc. We have actually cut a few vacations short and come home early which really annoys my DH. He has started talking about traveling again this coming year since things have settled down now, and I'm already getting nervous about it. A few months ago, I made the mistake of saying how I would like to visit California. DH has NOT forgotten.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 02:13 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I never came back to report a workout on the 1st, because I didn't do one! I think I needed the rest!
12/2 - more painting, then Pilates On the Go On the Ball. I haven't done this one in forever, but hubby inflated all of my balls, so I wanted to use one. I was able to get a good amount of workout space back together, but the smell from the paint wasn't the best.
12/3 - getting ready to take the dogs for a walk, then more painting, and I'm hoping to do another CS. I can do that upstairs, so I won't have the paint smell.

Two days of not painting and my hand was fine. Last night I had some discomfort when I was knitting, but nothing terrible.
I'm not sure if I will continue with the Jessica rotation, either. I looked at it yesterday and decided against it.

We did walk the dogs, then I decided to workout before painting to avoid the smell. Jessica's Upper Focus from Build Muscle, Boost Metabolism. It was not on the rotation, but I wanted some strength work. The light was fading, so I didn't paint.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited by LiliMagill; 12-03-19 at 06:46 PM. Reason: update
LiliMagill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 09:48 AM  
mena

Wed 12/4 - Ali MacGraw/Erich Schiffmann - Yoga Mind & Body. I always enjoy this one when I do it. I just usually reach for shorter yoga workouts these days.

December Workouts: 4/31

Lili - That was a good hubby to inflate all your workout balls . I think I'm an oddball in that I love the smell of a freshly painted room.

Waves to Everyone!
Old 12-04-19, 12:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Mena - Is that the yoga done at White Sands? If it is, I remember liking it, but also avoiding it because of it's length.

12/4 - JS's 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT. I am back to the rotation, but I skipped a few days on her schedule. We'll see how long it lasts.

Old 12-05-19, 12:59 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Dec 2:
~Jenny Ford MAA: Arizona - continuing to seek warm sunshine vicariously....
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT: lower body - This is becoming a fave, no dread, gets a lot done in under 30 min. I modified some moves, made them smaller to protect my SI joints.
~Headstand practice, upper back acupressure, & toe sit
~Timberlake Yoga (YT): Yin Yoga for Relaxation

Dec 3:
~Essentrics class
~Jessica’s 360 Abs
~3 km walk
~Yin yoga class by the fire

Today:
~Essentrics TV: Pre-Sport Activation
~3 km walk
~Ellen’s Fusion Floor - this was kind of meh for me, a bit wrist intensive for my cranky wrists
~Headstand, upper back acupressure, & toe sit

We love to travel, although the security & check in lines at airports are very tedious. My DH is a retired airline pilot so we have some travel benefits. We started exchanging our house about 4 years ago. We have done over a dozen exchanges and it has made travel very affordable. We’ve been to France, Italy, Switzerland, Australia, the Caribbean, Hawaii, & a few places here in BC.

Helen - I’ve been to Sydney a few years ago & loved it, haven’t been to Melbourne. We stopped in Brisbane on our way to & from Townsville, spent about 9 days there & really enjoyed it. It’s a great walking city.

Mena - Yoga Mind & Body is a classic! I should pull it out again, it’s a dvd I’ll always keep.

Lili - Is your painting almost done?

Cleda - My headstands are kinda cheater ones, lol, as I have a headstand bench. It takes the pressure off of my head and also makes it easier to balance. I have a picture of it in my profile.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 09:38 AM  
mena

Thu 12/5 - Cathe RwH - HiiT Circuit Lower Body (No blasts premix)

December Workouts: 5/31

Lili & Pam - Yes, that's the one. It does have beautiful scenery, and I agree it is a classic. I'll always keep it also.

Pam - That's a great list of places you've been.
Old 12-05-19, 09:05 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

She lives

Hey Everyone - I'm back.

We got an early snowstorm and we've had no power since Monday. We just got it back today. So (sadly) my workouts suffered. I had to make an emergency trip into the office Sun. to phone patients and rearrange the schedule, cuz it was supposed to be ICE and heavy snow (it was). So Mena - I'm picking up now and starting as of tomorrow ... you'll definitely beat me on the Every Day In --- but I do have a pretty good excuse.

We have a well, so no water without electricity. We have a small generator that can sort of do stuff. (Run the furnace) but not really 2 things at once. So it's usually the furnace, a light or two, and ironically we had cable for the tv, so we could watch on the small tv in the kitchen. I was so happy it came on late today.

I would get up at 4 a.m. and start the generator so that the house would be warm when dh got up and I could brew the coffee. It goes off when we are at work and then we turn it on again when we get home. We were in bed early. And we had to heat the water and time our showers. Like I said - only 4 days this time (Sandy was almost 2 weeks) ... but I HATE my routine being disrupted. I'm like an old lady. . . grumble grumble.

Helen: they don't do MAX rides very often during the challenges. But it's good to mix it up. I like to TRY to do one max or tabatta ride a week because they ARE how we will improve, despite the fact that I could do without them. lol. Yep .... endurance is my dessert and max/tabatta rides are my veggies. I always am proud when I finish them though.

Waves to everyone. So much to catch up on.

12/2/2019: Power Zone workout ... I forget what one and no log by me now. I think it was a 45 minute one with Denis ...

12/3/2019: Meditation - I was determined to do something every day

12/4/2019: Winter/snow/cold blues set in. TURD

12/5/2019: Catching up with everything that I couldn't do because we actually have power again . . . so no workout ....

But tomorrow I'll be back and catching up. I have rides to do for the challenge. This is why I like to have them banked. Sadly, I had none banked, so I'll be cycling my butt off for the next few days.

Later my friends.
Good to be back.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 09:24 AM  
mena

Fri 12/6 - KCM - Your Healthy Back

December workouts: 6/31

Cleda - That stinks that you were without power . I hate when that happens . It does disrupt your entire routine. I forget how long we didn't have power after Sandy--it was several days but not an entire week. Two weeks is brutal !! Anyway, of course, that is an entirely valid reason to not be able to exercise. Glad you have power back now.

I hope everyone has a good weekend .
Old 12-06-19, 07:03 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I can't imagine being without power for 4 days, no less 2 weeks! We have been fortunate in that regard. Glad you are back in action.
Pam - my painting is not finished, but I am taking a break from it. My workout area is mostly back together, so that's a plus.
Mena - way to go with the every day!
Waves to Helen & Kay!

12/5 - There was a dog walk and lots of activity, 12K+ steps, but no real workout.
12/6 - 5K run/walk! My kids and I signed up for a 5 mile race at the end of March. I figure I better get started now. It also gave me a break from the cooking and cleaning we've been doing to get ready for our yearly party tomorrow.