Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-04-19, 06:02 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: I hope this PHA just knocks it out of the park! Although I probably will sub out the gliding moves.

Cher: I can fall asleep with no effort at all wherever I am at. So ridiculous! And if a movie gets the slightest bit slow, I'm gone.

Yes - all said and done just over $650 and they are not replacing an insert that DH thinks they are. David said he thinks they can polish it to get the damage off. Lord, I hope so!

Check in:Lite Pyramid Lower Body full pyramid. Skipped the calf work (except one set of 25 reps) and subbed out similar weighted exercises for the gliding stuff.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 06:56 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys! I am getting ready to fly out early in the morning to Boston for a few days soaking up some history and colonial Christmas cheer. I will try to check in but may not be able to. I will try to stay up on posts though. It was 30 degrees here last 2 nights so maybe the cold won’t be too much a surprise. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 07:44 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was the 40 minute walk from Leslie’s Burn Fat Fast dvd.

JBliff - I’m glad Ford Vs Ferrari was good. I don’t know if I could sit and watch a movie that long anymore! May have to wait until I can watch it at home. . I have seen people bring blankets to movies too. I think I’d definitely fall asleep in those recliners for sure if I had a blanket! Lol

Gibbee - That really stink about DD car! That is a lot of money.

Karen - Enjoy your trip!

Waves Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 10:37 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was S&S PHA + 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Even though the movie was long, it didn't feel like it. Even DH who gets restless during movies said it held his interest the whole time.

Gibbee - Yikes, that's a lot of money for the repair. That's terrible that your brother won't pay for it.

Karjoy - Have a great time in Boston. It's such a historic city.

Have a great day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:37 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm still sore from upper body weights on Monday. Tuesday morning I didn't feel great so I didn't workout till after our last walk. I did a ride on my bike trainer to Ambient Virtual Cycle Windmills & Walkways and Zombies Run S3M5 (I biked through the Netherlands with Prince while a ghost talked to me ) and then the Twists practice from Rodney's AM Yoga for Your Week. Yesterday I had a bunch of errands to run and never got in a workout. Last night we went to see A Christmas Carol. It was my first real play (meaning not a school play) and it was fantastic! I really enjoyed it. This morning as we were starting our first walk I slipped on ice and fell square on my knee. It instantly bruised. We came back home and I iced it for a while. We went again a couple hours later and all was fine, no limp. It hurts more to touch it than to move it. This afternoon I boiled and riced 10 lbs of potatoes and mixed up lefse. Tmrw I will be in the kitchen all day actually cooking the lefse. Not sure if I'll get in a workout tonight or tmrw.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I hope Joseph had a good birthday. How is he doing with the job scene? The light thing was irritating (okay, full disclosure, it had me crabby and ticked off) but they're back up and look decent enough. Wasn't much I could do but lay them on top of the flattened bushes.

Karen, I bet it's awfully quiet without the cute kittens. Enjoy your trip to Boston!

Gibbee, that's awful about your daughter's car. Were you surprised when your brother said they weren't paying for the repair?

JBliff, I've never even heard of a Ford vs Ferrari. Did you find furniture you liked?

Movies: I'm bummed that I missed Doctor Sleep. I want to see Frozen 2 and we will see the new Star Wars movie that comes out this month. I thought Knives Out looked interesting. I'll have to watch it when it comes to TV. Our theater has seats that not only recline but are heated!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-06-19, 08:26 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout (Thursday) was YouV2 Sweat Sensation and Cathe Fit Tower Long and Strong.

JBliff - Good to know the movie kept your interest!

Vannie - I love going to “real” plays. I remember the first one I went to see was a field trip when I was in 5th grade. We went to downtown Detroit and saw “The Sound of Music!” I loved it and was hooked. I don’t get to see real ones to often enough though. “Ouch” on your fall! I’m so glad your knee seems okay now. Still no job for Joseph. I figure not to many people look to hire between TG and the new year. Hopefully January there are more available. OMG! Heated seats at your movies! Dang that would be nice and comfy!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 10:11 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Rockout Knockout.

Cher
- I love going to plays too. Our university's drama group puts on several plays a year and they are actually really good. My favorite so far is "A Little Shop of Horrors". The actors did a fantastic job with it.

Vannie - I had to chuckle at you riding with Prince and talking to a ghost. That is quite a combo. It's lucky you didn't hurt your knee.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day.
Old 12-06-19, 11:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I bought YouV2 last year. I really should break it out and try it! As well as Cize and Country Heat! It's tough to fit everything into a routine, especially when my main cardio is running.

JBliff, I was hoping my wording might make someone smile! Hubby shook his head at me when I told him. He shook it even more when I showed him my swollen purple knee! It doesn't hurt to walk but deep knee bends hurt and forget touching it. I accidentally knelt on it this morning and almost cried, dropped what I was holding and extremely quickly sat back! Good thing I had Cyric's toy and not smthg breakable!

I could see me going to more plays. The bummer part is my friend who really loves them and bought these tickets (but then was unable to go ) is moving out of state so I would have to go alone unless other friends enjoy plays and I just don't know it. Hubby did not enjoy it. He's a humbug.

I better get moving. It's gonna be a long day making lefse and I should get started so Cyric doesn't have to miss his second walk again today. Today was the first day I think that I felt cold on our walk. Well, my face was frozen and my thighs were cold but the rest of me was sweaty. Real feel was 7. But we got our 2 miles in!

Have a great day!

Old 12-07-19, 09:18 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Low Impact/Metabolic Conditioning.

Vannie - Man,you are hardy! I won't even go out of the house if it's below 40 degrees! Ouch on the knee!

It looks like we might get the new Cathe DVDs before Christmas .

Waves to everyone else. Have a great day.