Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-02-19, 02:09 AM  
YogaGal

Kundalini Yoga for December 2019!

”May and October, the best-smelling months? I'll make a case for December: evergreen, frost, wood smoke, cinnamon.”
~ Lisa Kleypas, Love in the Afternoon

Making time for yoga during a busy month is important. Then make a good smelling tea (or your favorite good smelling and tasting beverage) and catch up with us here at the Kundalini check-in.

This is a check-in thread for anyone who is trying to add regular Kundalini yoga to their lives (either as a sole form of exercise or along with other types of exercise). It doesn't matter if you're doing it with dvds, on your own, in live classes, etc. Anyone that wants to try adding regular kundalini to help achieve their goals of fitness, health and well-being is welcome (as well as those who are just interested in the possibility).

Sat Nam!
Old 12-02-19, 10:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hello ladies, I've fallen behind and been MIA most of November. My sister passed away last month and everything has fallen by the wayside.

I will be joining you all soon on the mat.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 02:03 PM  
YogaGal

Pat: I was so sorry to hear about your sister. Was she older than you? Did she share your love of yoga and/or reiki? It is so hard to enjoy holidays when you are missing your loved ones. I still think of and miss Moxie every day.

Lannette: Did you order any Nirvair books or dvds from Yoga Technology last week?

Our granite counters were installed on Wednesday and look beautiful! We spent most of Thursday at BIL and SIL’s as they hosted Thanksgiving for family and friends (13 people). No yoga on Friday or Saturday as we were away from the house most of those days running errands. On Sunday I worked like a fiend to finish putting the remaining kitchen items that had been moved to the living room and get them put in their proper place. Feels so good to having things almost back to normal. DH has now been working on crown molding while I’m back at work.

We planned a trip for this weekend back in September. We’re leaving Friday to go up to Sedona. We were there last summer and enjoyed it, but were curious to see it in the winter. So hopefully I’ll have a little time for yoga while we are there; perhaps just something on youtube I can load on my ipad.

On Monday I did the first half of Sarah Beth’s 30-Minute Yoga for Sciatica and today I did the second half. I also listened to a Kundalini meditation on Insight Timer, a relaxing Aad Guray Namay, as I mindfully put on my makeup.
Old 12-04-19, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Checking in with some KCM - Cardio Core - and RaviAna's Headache Helper.

Thank you Carolyn. Yes, my sister was older and unfortunately didn't have the best health routines. I am sure her inactivity was a contributing factor, but oh well, we each make our own choices. I bet your counters are lovely!

Everyone have a great day.
Old 12-05-19, 08:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

House Calls for me last night:
  • Power Surge Warmups
  • Anti-Inflammation
  • Relaxation

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Old 12-05-19, 05:11 PM  
YogaGal

Pat: Good practice with House Call. Looks like you are also doing well with meditation.

Today’s workout was a 30-minute Jessica Smith’s Walk followed by a short Kundalini Yoga practice, Warmups and Set 2 meditation from RaviAna’s Body Electric. That Ravi Meditation in set 2 is good for your adrenals and I could use a little help replenishing mine.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!
Old 12-05-19, 06:12 PM  
Lannette

Hello everyone!

Pat, I’m very sorry to hear about your sister.

We’ve been keeping up with our KY practices. It’s been a while since I checked in. I used Nirvair’s Back practice along with revisiting Maya’s Mantra practices and Raviana’s Yoga Cleanse. I did each a couple times in a row. Today I did Raviana’s Breakthroughs and later we did a 30 minute Matrix mix from Raviana’s Cardio, Stretch and Strengthen.

I did order two of Nirvair’s practices. His Morning and Evening practices DVD for my son and his KY for athletes for my DH and I. DH ask if it was anything like P90X and I replied that they don’t call it “Sat Nam 90X” for nothing. Now I hope it won’t be too challenging but I couldn’t resist when I read a review that mentioned that it was from another college class he taught.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:38 PM  
YogaGal

I forgot to mention that I ordered the new RaviAna dvd (Beautiful Breakthroughs) today on amazon. Had lots of Thank You points earned from charging items for our new kitchen, so my dvd is free.

Lannette: Good buys from Nirvair. LOL at “Sat Nam 90X”! Let us know how you like it.
Old 12-07-19, 09:47 AM  
Lannette

Carolyn, I can’t wait to hear your opinion on “Breakthroughs.” I’ve really grown to enjoy it. Some of the music I love, others not so much but it doesn’t continue on long enough to be a deal breaker and even that is growing on me.

We’re really enjoying early morning family yoga. We’re systematically building upon our Raviana Short Sets Matrix Mixes in order to eventually do the entire practice. This morning we completed 55 minutes.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 01:16 PM  
amg

Pat - I'm so sorry for your loss.

I will check in when I can in December but I will definitely be back more consistently in January. I am trying to remember what I have done since I last checked in. I finished Nirvair's complete course on you tube. I enjoyed the whole course.

I also tried and loved Beautiful Breakthroughs (3 times now). It really flows beautifully. I liked the music and the length is perfect. It is already one of my favorites.