Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-19, 01:02 PM  
buffmama

Glad you're using Trim Down Sandy. I have Meltdown coming in a trade. I tend to like the workouts where she focuses on large muscle groups. I am going to focus on those types of workouts until my 26.2 is done. Looking at a lot of paper works lately. Strong Curves and Power Training are on my radar. I also have to confess to my Black Friday buys - Lauren Brooks at 70% off since they fit into this theme.

RE: IP - I never presoak beans. I used to when I did stove top. Not anymore. I can't tell the difference.

Vannie - Nice workouts Monday!
Old 12-04-19, 09:01 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - A quick thank you for your marinate recipe. This week was all about soups, but I make salads when it's warmer and will hang on to it for then.
Please tell me I don't need to purchase barre 3 workouts despite the fact that they're practically giving them away..
Old 12-04-19, 09:36 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm no help there...I love the barre3 workouts!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 11:55 AM  
buffmama

Sigh. I listening Vannie. Please tell me what you love about them. Any favorites? Do you like the ballet ones? For the price I may just get them and can gift them if they're not for me.
Old 12-05-19, 02:31 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm never good at reviewing. It's been so long since I did them. I really like Sadie. I can't pinpoint, I just liked the workouts. Felt like I got a good burn. Sorry I'm not really any help! I think I have all the DVDs except the pregnancy one.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-19, 08:36 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm still sore from upper body weights on Monday. Tuesday morning I didn't feel great so I didn't workout till after our last walk. I did a ride on my bike trainer to Ambient Virtual Cycle Windmills & Walkways and Zombies Run S3M5 (I biked through the Netherlands with Prince while a ghost talked to me ) and then the Twists practice from Rodney's AM Yoga for Your Week. Yesterday I had a bunch of errands to run and never got in a workout. Last night we went to see A Christmas Carol. It was my first real play (meaning not a school play) and it was fantastic! I really enjoyed it. This morning as we were starting our first walk I slipped on ice and fell square on my knee. It instantly bruised. We came back home and I iced it for a while. We went again a couple hours later and all was fine, no limp. It hurts more to touch it than to move it. This afternoon I boiled and riced 10 lbs of potatoes and mixed up lefse. Tmrw I will be in the kitchen all day actually cooking the lefse. Not sure if I'll get in a workout tonight or tmrw.

Old 12-06-19, 08:38 AM  
buffmama

I'm liking the short yoga practices everyone seems to be developing. They must all watch each others because they also seem to moving from one side of the mat to the other which is fun. Youtubers Patrick and Carling are putting out some short practices that I'm looking forward to doing. They have a hip opening practice that is one of my favorites. Fem Fusion went on Kassandra's yoga retreat and was fan girl-ing which was fun to see. I dragged my heals on the barre 3 long enough that the decision was taken away from me. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Waiting on my new Lauren Brooks.

Nice work moving through you're Ilaria's Sandy. I can't quite do that without some down time in between workouts.

Ricing 10 lbs of potatoes sounds like a LOT of work Vannie. I want a nap just thinking about it! That Xtrain workout you did is a good one.
Old 12-06-19, 03:40 PM  
SandyO

buff, my sister gave me 4 Billy's Bootcamp DVDs in shrink wrap with the tubing, so I had to try one today instead of Ilaria. He was the same old Billy. The tubing was effective for the arm work, but I really didn't feel there was enough tension for the kicks.

Vannie, I got out to Pinehurst again today, but two of the trails I tried today hadn't been used, so I had to try to figure out where the single track switch back trails were. The first two first were well used, so half of my workout was easy to follow but the other half was probably more fun.

Sandy O
Old 12-08-19, 04:51 PM  
buffmama

Left the house at 6:10AM for continuing education today so I'm just happy I got something in before heading out. Came home to batch cook and now waiting for buffboy. Tomorrow's another day.
Old 12-09-19, 08:59 AM  
SandyO

YAY! A new Ange's Pilates 25 minute class theraband and ball. Can't wait.

I got the hand me down monitor from my son, and it's huge. I really had gotten used to the tiny old monitor, so this is so "in your face".

I finally ran over here, a short benchmark trail run at Pinehurst. My feet and ankles really fest the snow.

Sandy O