Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-15, 03:31 PM  
Sara1000

Any Workouts that alternate all the different upper body muscle groups?

Like the old FIRM Upper Body - for example: biceps/triceps/ back/shoulders/chest/biceps/triceps/ back/shoulders/chest etc.

Instead of all the bicep work followed by all the back work etc.

I know Cathe has 'rounds' in some of her workouts, but I can't think of one where all the upper body muscle groups are included in one workout like that.

TIA for your suggestions!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 06:06 PM  
Sara1000

The reason I ask is that I was reading reviews and saw the old reviews for FIRM Upper Body - the one with segments from Volumes 1-6 (except for V5) - several people mentioned that doing a workout that alternated the different muscle groups like this one does gave them better results than workouts that do all of one muscle group before starting on the next one. Strange there aren't more workouts that follow that pattern.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 08:26 PM  
PrairieGem

I like to rest a muscle group between exercises, too, but there is a certain training logic to overloading the muscles. Supersets, pyramids... it's a pretty common training technique to focus just on a single body part, pushing it to failure. KCM seems to do it a lot in her workouts, plus just about any "parts only" workout (like 10 Minute Solution types, or really, any abs workout).

Workouts that don't... like you mentioned, some of the Firms (but some Firms do stack/superset the muscle groups). I'm pretty sure Cindy Whitmarsh's Ten Days to a Better Body doesn't, but you're also resting the muscles (with cardio intervals) between every move, too.