Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-15, 02:59 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Did anyone watch Robert Irvine's Fitness Impossible on TV?

I am a fan of Chef Robert Irvine, who does the Restaurant Impossible show on the Food Network channel. He helps people with failing restaurants by figuring out what they need to change, and he renovates the place and recreates the menu. He is also in fantastic physical condition (and he is 49). He works out every day, first thing in the morning (even when he is traveling, which is 340 days per year), and does cardio for 30 minutes and then one body part per day for strength (he does 12-15 reps per set, 4 sets per body part).

He said that he gets a lot of questions about health and fitness, and decided to help people get fit. So, he traveled to different US cities, to help people to learn how to eat and exercise to lose weight and get fit.

What I really liked about the Fitness Impossible show (besides the recipes), was how he approached the personal training of people in a sensible way---just the opposite of the Biggest Loser. For example, he put the person on a treadmill and told him to do 10 minutes slowly, every day for 2 weeks. The Biggest Loser tells the people to get on the treadmill and run until they throw up. The people on Robert Irvine's show did lose weight, at a much slower pace, but those people will probably be better able to keep the weight off.

If you haven't had a chance to watch Fitness Impossible, check it out. Also Restaurant Impossible is great. Robert Irvine has a website, too. You can find his recipes on his website and on the Food Network website.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:00 PM  
PennyK

Oh cool!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:11 PM  
CharM

I didn't know there was a FI. I think I'll check it out later. Thanks!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:16 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I didn't know there was a FI. I think I'll check it out later. Thanks!
Hi Char! I didn't know, either, but I record all of the Restaurant Impossible shows on my DVR, and one of the recordings was Fitness Impossible.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:19 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

One more show to add to my list. I'm way behind on the shows I already watch.
Old 01-29-15, 03:28 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

So this new show is on Food Network then? I'm so interested, thank you!

ETA: Bobby Flay has a show that airs in January sometimes about how he manages to stay fit while being a chef. He also has some recipes on the Food TV website, look for "Bobby Fit."
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:47 PM  
cmiyachi

I love the show Restaurant Impossible - that guy could stay fit just from the work he does from these restaurants! I'm off to look for that show....

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:55 PM  
isebelleg44

I caught one episode of it and assumed it was a one time special. Is this a new series?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 09:29 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

FitBoop, I didn't know about Fitness Impossible. I'll have to see if I can find it. Thanks for sharing.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 10:09 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi Char! I didn't know, either, but I record all of the Restaurant Impossible shows on my DVR, and one of the recordings was Fitness Impossible.
Oh, ok! So that made me think it was a special - and it is. According to imdb and the Google, it's part of Restaurant Impossible. Even though I haven't seen it, I'd sure watch a series.
I hope it's On Demand because when I checked upcoming tv listings, that episode isn't there.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote