Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-14, 08:14 AM  
katmom

Thanks for the reminder about Justin's Power Hour! It has been a while since I have done this practice and may have to put that one on the schedule for tomorrow.

BTW, I did the new one from Vytas called Yoga Butt. The next day I had DOMS in the area where the glute meets the back of the thigh. This is definitely one that will continue to challenge me.
Old 12-06-14, 10:36 AM  
AnMrsDe

Has anyone tried Vytas' Yoga Butt class? OMG, that is the toughest class for me that I've tried so far!! He works every single muscle in the glutes/thut/legs!!!!! There is lots of one legged balance work that I found challenging.... Why, oh why would Udaya have this one listed under #2 Difficulty and not #4 is beyond me!! Doing this after Cathe's Great Glutes might have been a mistake....I'll find out tomorrow, I guess!

ETA: katmom, LOL, I just read your post! I guess you know all too well how Yoga Butt feels!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 09:52 PM  
isebelleg44

Bumping

I am still loving Udaya and wanted to post some recent favorites:

Pre/Post Surf Practice with Steve Jones- Not a surfer, but love how this one feels. I have already done it four times, which is saying a lot for me! Plus its short, so it easy to squeeze in. I did the other one he has on there too and also really liked it, but its longer.

Espresso Shot with Caley - Quick energetic flow. Caley is becoming one my favorite instructors.

Exploring the Shoulder Girdle with Caley - My upper body was talking to me, after over-challenging two days in the row. This flow took out all the kinks in my upper body, plus it worked my core.

Cool Down Flow with Ali - Another goodie that I am able to squeeze in, due to its short length and makes me feel good. I have done it several times.

Hamstring Flow with Michelle - Loved this one! My lower body was screaming due to a challenging spin class. This wonderful class took care of it.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 10:02 PM  
isebelleg44

Forgot to add another one I did recently, that I also really liked. In other words, I added it to my favorites.

Core & Restore with Byron - A nice core burner, that I definitely will revisit. I found it different than the usual yoga core work.

I did two other recent workouts that I found interesting, but have not added them to my favorites. I am just not sure what I think of them.

One was How Flows it with Andrea. This was a lot more challenging than I anticipated, as she held the poses longer than I was expecting. A major core burner and my upper body was screaming. I had also done Cathe latest Chest Shoulders triceps workout the day before, so that didn't help matters. I just don't know if I liked it or not.

Tonight I did Not so Easy Breezy with Jules. This one was a level 3 & Andrea's was a level 2. I think Udaya has that backwards. This one was interesting, as she uses towels for some gliding work. I used my Cathe discs. It was different. I liked it, but it wasn't a favorite.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 04:11 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

Yes I also follow udaya. I did Andreas new flow and I spent most of the class in childs pose. Also Vytas yogabutt is megatough. I like udaya but lately they are big dread practices for me. It seems they are more workout than yoga.

I love Jeff Beaudoins classes, Calvins and also Michelle Goldstein. But there is a huge jump from level 1 to level 2. Also I would like to see more 'normal' people in the classes. Most of the participants seem to be either gymnasts or dancers. So I've been doing some other classes on yogaglo, that I don't dread as much.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 08:54 PM  
AnMrsDe

Isabelle, thank you for the reviews!!

I loved Michelle's Hamstring Flow and Ali's class as well. Also, Steve's classes rock! Udaya claims there will be more classes coming from him. All right, GUYS!!!

I think I tried 2 minutes of Jule's Not So Easy Breezy class. Yes, in just 2 minutes, she totally annoyed me and knew I wouldn't enjoy that one!

I'll have to try Andrea's new class soon.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 09:26 PM  
Yelly

All of these new classes sound so good - I really need to get back to it

I love this thread, and I'm glad you guys keep it updated. It's the next best thing to a Udaya check-in
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-15, 09:30 AM  
katmom

The week after Christmas I did the Udaya 7 Day Workshop. This was a bit of a challenge for me as I generally only do the Level 2 practices and most of the recommended practices for the workshop are level 3. I am happy to say I survived them all.

Some recent favorites are:

Steve Jone's Stretching the IT Band and Pre/Post Surf Practice.

Andrea Marcum's How Flows It caused DOMS in a more wide spread area (chest, lats, abs, hips). I was surprised this one was tagged as a level 2.

I have not clicked with Jules Mitchell's practices, however, I do like Warm-Up Your Engine and Post-Cycle Sequence (this one is excellent for us desk jockeys).

If you are looking for something more yin, I like Anna Hanson's Love Thyself, Elle Potter's Stretch and Restore, or Marisa Weppner's Yinlicious.

For a detox practice, I like Byron De Marse's Hangover Cure or Anna Hanson's Detox and DeStress.
Old 01-14-15, 09:40 AM  
Suzan66

I don't always agree with the "levels" they list. I also noticed a few classes are listed 2x on site with 2 different "levels". When I asked Patty about it on FB she got snippy and said it was a good class so what makes the difference.

I love all Anna's classes. I tried Jules once and didn't get too far into set before I picked another one... didn't click with her either. I like Alyssa too.. Her classes are more Yin but really good.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-15, 10:02 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I don't always agree with the "levels" they list. I also noticed a few classes are listed 2x on site with 2 different "levels". When I asked Patty about it on FB she got snippy and said it was a good class so what makes the difference.

I love all Anna's classes. I tried Jules once and didn't get too far into set before I picked another one... didn't click with her either. I like Alyssa too.. Her classes are more Yin but really good.
I also love Anna's classes. She is an excellent instructor. I think I would like to meet Anna in person. Thanks for the tip about Alyssa. I will have to put one of her classes on my schedule. I am glad to know I am not the only one that did not click with Jules.

I agree the duplicated classes are good, but I hate starting the practice thinking it is a new one only to discover, it is not new.

Here are the classes that I know are listed twice:

Calvin Corzine: Standing Poses - (same title and level 2)
Calvin Corzine: Basic Backbends & Basics to Backbends (level 2 for both)
Rudy Mettia: Non-Stop Flow (level 2) & Non-Stop Movement (level 3)

Tags
twisting, udaya, vytas baskauskas