Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-14, 03:17 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I'm a "member" of Fabletics. I honestly wouldn't recommend it. You can opt out at the beginning of every month, but if you don't opt out you are charged. Opting out is easy. They send an email with a link in it. Of course your credit adds up if you are charged, so you're not losing anything, but you can't get a refund (on the monthy charge that is.... you can absolutely return things that don't fit).

I am finding, as time goes on and months go by, their sizes are limited. They never seem to have my size in the styles I want. The quality is just "okay". I like some of the things I've gotten, but they are nowhere near my favorites. If I had to do it over again I would never join up. I'm going to call to cancel at some point, but just haven't done it yet.
Old 08-28-14, 03:27 PM  
dela

Maybe just buy yourself something on sale every month?

I'm not really seeing the benefit in a service like this. I get the feeling in the end, you don't save money, and maybe spend when you would not have, and it seems like choices and sizes are limited anyway.

Sorry to be so negative, this model is so unappealing to me, like the massage places where you pay monthly for a massage, I'm so done with anything that is a subscription or commitment unless it's for a service I know I'll use like Netflix.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 03:28 PM  
kmissa

I love the outfit that I got from their. The leggings seem thick and high quality. The tank was just okay. I'm too busty to attempt their sports bra, but for $25 for the first outfit it's a great deal. I make sure to set reminders to skip a month every month.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 04:52 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
thank you! I looked at Ellie, but I can't seem to find the "subscription" part of it. Do you know how to get there? I like the clothes they have!
It looks like when you go to the upper right corner to "sign in" you can choose the "new customer" option. Sometimes they have discount codes for 20% your first month too.

I don't have any complaints with them for the most part. They have made quite a few changes in the year I have been with them as far as pricing structure and whether or not there is a shipping charge. I thought of not sticking with them earlier in the week actually but after shopping around I still think they are a good value. I really love that all the clothes are made in the USA and am happy to pay a little more to support that.

Last edited by NotThatGirl; 08-28-14 at 06:21 PM. Reason: My last sentence didn't make any sense to me at the end. Too many extra words!!
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 05:56 PM  
Yelly

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate hearing the good and the bad. I still haven't made up my mind, but now I can make a more informed choice
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 08:44 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I really LOVE Fabletics stuff, it is some of the best quality I have ever bought, and at a reasonable price. . . however, I do NOT do the subscription thing. I'd rather just pay as I go for the things I really want. It's not that expensive even at full price, not compared to some other places like Athleta, Lululemon, etc. (I do own some Athleta and love it too, very similar quality to Fabletics.)

I had a sizing issue and it was SO EASY to return an item. They sent out my newer item in the smaller size before I even mailed the other size back, which is kind of amazing, and they were very friendly to deal with.

I just don't do subscription things. Trust me, if I had subscribed, I would probably not have such positive feelings, because I probably would've forgotten to opt out one month already and been mad. lol. I just know I don't get along with those types of things. I absolutely HATE to be obligated!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 05:33 AM  
amatoo

I'm always unlucky when it comes to their (fabletics) clothing. The clothes I receive are poor quality. But so many people rave about their clothing line. Last tank I received had quite a few snags/runs. They did replace. My first pair of workout bottoms developed a hole after washing they didn't want to replace but I put up a fuss so they did replace but they replaced them with an ugly color since that's all they had left. The color doesn't match the pink top they paired the original with. Honestly the quality of the clothes is not worth $50 to me. And as others have said they never have the really cute ones in the size you want.
Cindy
Old 08-29-14, 05:52 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatoo View Post
I'm always unlucky when it comes to their (fabletics) clothing. The clothes I receive are poor quality. But so many people rave about their clothing line. Last tank I received had quite a few snags/runs. They did replace. My first pair of workout bottoms developed a hole after washing they didn't want to replace but I put up a fuss so they did replace but they replaced them with an ugly color since that's all they had left. The color doesn't match the pink top they paired the original with. Honestly the quality of the clothes is not worth $50 to me. And as others have said they never have the really cute ones in the size you want.
Cindy
It's interesting to me that some people rave about the quality, and then there are those like you and me who experience the exact opposite. I've not had the snags/runs/holes like you have, Cindy, but overall I don't think the quality of the fabric and the workmanship of the clothing is all that great. I just wish I hadn't subscribed to their service because now I know I probably have a pretty lengthy phone conversation ahead of me at some point, trying to cancel.
Old 08-29-14, 07:26 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

I signed up and got the first "outfit" for 25.00. Leggings, tank and bra. I like them all, but they are not Lululemon quality. The "Adventura" tank has a great cut, is soft and I wear it all the time.

The leggings feel nice and are cute...a nice camo print. The bra is very comfortable and cute (interesting strap design) under other tanks because of the style. No support to speak of, but I don't need much, and lower quality (no removable cups) IMO, but great to wear around the house.

I accidentally forgot to opt out last month and bought myself a "credit" worth 50.00. With that I bought two more bras in different colors and another tank top.

I called to cancel and had a very long conversation with the person on the phone trying to convince me to stay with them. They ended up giving me half of a credit to keep my membership and offered to send me a reminder email to opt out each month. That guy was great at his job, he kept me from canceling that day. I will cancel after my next purchase as I have plenty of workout clothes.

I'm still in because I want to redeem my earned points, but I think the whole membership idea is shady. I would've cancelled if the clothes weren't as comfortable as they are. I wear lots of Athleta and Lululemon, and find Fabletics clothes to feel soft, almost like pajamas. The clothes are not as supportive or heavy duty as the the more expensive brands IMO, but they seem to end up on my body very often. YMMV
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 07:30 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I wear lots of Athleta and Lululemon, and find Fabletics clothes to feel soft, almost like pajamas. The clothes are not as supportive or heavy duty as the the more expensive brands IMO, but they seem to end up on my body very often. YMMV
I think you've described their clothing perfectly! It's not bad, but it's really not "workout quality". The bras have NO support. While I'm small and that's not a huge issue for me, it matters when I'm running. I would say that Fabletics are good "lounging" clothes, but definitely not high quality, long wearing, super supportive workout clothing.

Also, I thought the reminder email to opt out was standard? I've always gotten one from the very beginning.

Tags
clothing, fabletics