Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-14, 01:01 PM  
caitlinpyle

Just got my first Fabletics outfit. I have to say that I've never looked this good in leggings. I actually don't OWN any other leggings because they usually squeeze me in all the wrong places and it looks terrible. but these make my legs look SMOOTH. Granted I've been working on toning a LOT lately so I have to give myself a little credit but the pants are nice. I got the "Water" outfit. The top is soft and comfortable. Definitely a top I could wear doing barre or a mat workout, but wouldn't spin in it.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 01:59 PM  
Kathy
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Love THeir Clothing

I joined about six month ago and am really happy with their clothing line and service. The sizes are true--I wear a large and they look very nice on me. Comfortable and flattering.
I have also gone months without buying anything and there is no hassle...just remember to decline the first five days of the month.
I haven't had to return anything so I can't speak to that but I have called a few times with questions and they have been very responsive and helpful
Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 02:36 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I called to cancel and had a very long conversation with the person on the phone trying to convince me to stay with them. They ended up giving me half of a credit to keep my membership and offered to send me a reminder email to opt out each month. That guy was great at his job, he kept me from canceling that day. I will cancel after my next purchase as I have plenty of workout clothes.
This was true for me. I had a subscription for several months and had an issue with their return policy, specifically the restocking fee. I had posted about this previously. I have one pair of pants from them (the Daru) that I really like and a tank that looks good on me but is not very comfortable. I had fit problems with everything else I ordered from them. I never ordered the items that were the monthly selection.

Trying to cancel the membership was not easy-the CS rep kept trying to get me to keep it but I am glad I did. Not worth the hassle.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 03:31 PM  
Dabbadooey

This company is getting a lt of negative press on Facebook. I wanted to try, but my first outfit is not coming out to 25.00.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 07:33 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I briefly subscribed to a service like this -- I sort of wonder if that service morphed into fabletics because I'm not sure they're around anymore (can't even remember what it was called!). I was not thrilled with that one -- they picked out the stuff for you and they consistently picked things I told them "don't ever send me...." So I gave up on them pretty quickly. I think maybe people didn't like the element of surprise and that's why I'm wondering if they morphed into this new one that let's you choose the outfit.
Sounds like you might be talking about FitFrosting. I remember them from 2012/2013 and was just wondering the other day what happened to them. It's like FitFrosting has basically vanished.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 09:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Sounds like you might be talking about FitFrosting. I remember them from 2012/2013 and was just wondering the other day what happened to them. It's like FitFrosting has basically vanished.
It was not FitFrosting -- I cannot remember what it was, but I've never heard of FitFrosting.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 09:47 PM  
barreboxbell

" Originally Posted by bee View Post
I briefly subscribed to a service like this -- I sort of wonder if that service morphed into fabletics because I'm not sure they're around anymore (can't even remember what it was called!). I was not thrilled with that one -- they picked out the stuff for you and they consistently picked things I told them "don't ever send me...." So I gave up on them pretty quickly. I think maybe people didn't like the element of surprise and that's why I'm wondering if they morphed into this new one that let's you choose the outfit."

Was the company Ellie?
barreboxbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 10:28 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Maybe just buy yourself something on sale every month?

I'm not really seeing the benefit in a service like this. I get the feeling in the end, you don't save money, and maybe spend when you would not have, and it seems like choices and sizes are limited anyway.

Sorry to be so negative, this model is so unappealing to me, like the massage places where you pay monthly for a massage, I'm so done with anything that is a subscription or commitment unless it's for a service I know I'll use like Netflix.
I must confess I have also been baffled by the appeal of subscription clothing services, although that's mostly because I would never want to deal with the volume of clothes that would eventually result from that - I'm finding myself increasingly minimalist. But I've also been wearing the same pair of seemingly indestructible black Adidas yoga pants for over 10 years now. They cannot, they will not, be worn out. They're magic. So the fact that I'm willing to continue wearing the same yoga pants for 10 years is pretty indicative that I'm not the sort of person who wants to be sent an additional pair of pants on a monthly basis. What would I do with them all?!
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 10:35 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I called to cancel and had a very long conversation with the person on the phone trying to convince me to stay with them. They ended up giving me half of a credit to keep my membership and offered to send me a reminder email to opt out each month. That guy was great at his job, he kept me from canceling that day. I will cancel after my next purchase as I have plenty of workout clothes.
I used to work at a call centre. Those little arguments they provide for why you shouldn't cancel are called rebuttals. Most centres set a minimum number of rebuttals that an agent must make before they are allowed to go ahead and cancel or take "no" as an answer. It's generally incredibly annoying for both sides of the interaction, but the quality control part of their job means they can be demoted and eventually fired if they aren't found to be, well, argumentative enough. I've found that it significantly speeds things up, however, if you're aware of the system and make it known to them using call centre lingo. If you say something like "So, how many rebuttals are we going to have to go through before you'll let me cancel this?" and then count them as they go, they're pretty taken aback and much less pushy about the whole thing, realizing you're hip to their tricks. They put up much less of a fight when you make it clear you know what they're doing and aren't going to be taken in.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 12:24 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I used to work at a call centre. Those little arguments they provide for why you shouldn't cancel are called rebuttals. Most centres set a minimum number of rebuttals that an agent must make before they are allowed to go ahead and cancel or take "no" as an answer. It's generally incredibly annoying for both sides of the interaction, but the quality control part of their job means they can be demoted and eventually fired if they aren't found to be, well, argumentative enough. I've found that it significantly speeds things up, however, if you're aware of the system and make it known to them using call centre lingo. If you say something like "So, how many rebuttals are we going to have to go through before you'll let me cancel this?" and then count them as they go, they're pretty taken aback and much less pushy about the whole thing, realizing you're hip to their tricks. They put up much less of a fight when you make it clear you know what they're doing and aren't going to be taken in.
I'm not interested in Fabletics anymore (I don't remember when I started this thread, but it was several months back I think), but THIS right here is so helpful - Thank You!!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothing, fabletics