Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-05, 10:34 AM  
Cola

Kathy Smith's WalkFit walking cds

a few more comments for you concerning kathy smith's WALKFIT cds:

kathy smith's walkfit volume 1 consists of two 30 min solid state
sessions, although i am able to add intervals of jogging during the fastest part of the workout.

after my first workout with this audio, i learned that
when things get fast, i must shorten my stride and take more steps. when
i did this workout the first time i didnt realize until later that i had
been abnormally lengthening my stride in order to keep up to the
beat. whoo that makes the hip flexors hurt! in later workouts with kathy, she does instruct one to take smaller, yet faster, steps... and she is SO right!

just as with any other workout, the more you put into power walking, the
more you will get out of it. the music and kathy make it easier to push
yourself to realize more benefits from the workout. one other thing that i
especially like about it is that kathy tells you when the workout is half
over. then you know when to turn around and head back the other way.

:*carolyn.
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 11:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Wow, Carolyn, those are great reviews! Please consider adding them to the VF New Reviews.

And thank you!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 02:33 PM  
Rosebud

audio

Hi there. I hate to be the only one that is a little negative on the Project You Walking Cd but I really didn't care too much for it. I have the Shape CD4 and love that one. That is the one I use all the time. I am ready for a different one and loved reading the reviews.... Kathy's was just too short. 30 minutes wasn't enough for me. I couldn't put both on my MP3 player (ran out of room) so maybe it would be better if I had both. The Shape music is faster paced which I like to keep me running! I am planning on putting my CD on the video exchange along with another walking CD - glad to hear that Kathy is coming out with another one more advanced - might have to give that one a try!!!!

Rosemary
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 03:17 PM  
Cola

sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
Wow, Carolyn, those are great reviews! Please consider adding them to the VF New Reviews.
And thank you!
thankyou very much alta! i will certainly post them to the review section.
Old 09-05-05, 03:28 PM  
ooty

Alta

Here is the link for GAIAM one....

http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product....t%5Fid=95-9156

I have listened to both GAIAM and Steady Strides (no, I have never walked with them...I just am not a walker). But I listen to both and love them both, but I have to say that the GAIAM one sounds phenomenal to me....
Old 09-05-05, 06:36 PM  
kathys
VF Supporter

I like Kathy Smith's PY cd but be warned that she talks a lot. Sometimes I like to zone out to music when I walk so I have to be in the mood for it. I have the Gaiam cd but haven't tried it yet.

Carolyn- I have loved reading all the new reviews you have posted in the new reviews section. We have similar likes and dislikes, so I am going to keep an eye out for your reviews. Hope that you post the Kathy Smith one and more!
kathys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 11:58 PM  
willwolf

I have Kathy's Steady Strides Walking CD from Project:You and the free Walkfit Lean Walk CD that came with cereal a few months back. I really enjoy both. She does tend to talk much of the way through these, but I find it motivating. The music is just typical workout music, not particularly great but not awful.
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 10:15 AM  
Sollamyn

Walkfit

I have Kathy's Walkfit, which is only available on cassette, I believe. Maybe it's older than the others? I haven't done these in a long time, but I am planning to get back to them now that the weather is cooling off and I have to stick to low-impact workouts. Anyway, I don't recall that she talks alot on these tapes (there are two in the set). Kathy has the ability to annoy me on some of her workout videos, but she doesn't annoy me with these. I think she talks more on the beginning workout (the 1st 30 min. workout), because she is instructing on form, etc. Periodically, she reminds you of form and breathing and stuff like that, but otherwise, it's just some jazzy-type music, I think.

I'm glad I read this thread. I've been thinking about getting other walking workouts to keep me interested during my low-impact phase.

S.
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 02:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Alta,

see my comments about kathy's audios in post #24:
http://69.93.245.62/forum/showthread...ing#post583565

eventually, i wouldn't mind getting her other audios from the walker's warehouse. they are all very good.

incidentally, her audios are available on CD and easily transferred to an MP3 player.

has anyone tried Leslie's or Denise's walking audios - the advanced ones? i see these in collage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 03:48 PM  
Cola

hi bzar -
ive looked at denise austin's and leslie sansone's audio workouts but decided to go with kathy smith cds instead. i do normally like kathy better than leslie and denise and i wasnt so sure that i could tolerate their voices. it turns out that i like kathy's audios just fine and am not interested in leslie and denise's walking cds at all anymore.

Tags
kathy smith walkfit, kathy smith walking, special k, steady strides, walking cds