Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-20, 08:54 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
LOL I love dogs too, though, and probably would have one if we didn't already have so many cats!
Why not have both?
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 09:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Oh wow! I did not realize that! Maybe they are "out of print" so to speak and that's why they are DVD-R. I guess that's another reason to buy them in the pre-sale if you think you are going to want them someday.

Carol
Of course it is!!! ..thanks for the advice

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 11:04 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
For those of you have pre-ordered in the past, how much of a discount was it?

Did she have free shipping or offer any of her other DVDs at a discount during the preorder?
I'm wondering this too, and also want to know if she announces a presale. I've recently begun delving into her workouts so I've missed a lot over the years and really don't know her process! Thanks!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:08 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

DVD degraded, possibly got DVD-R from KCM presale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
By the way, for anyone that has ordered her dvds recently, have you noticed if they have been dvd or dvd-r? The last set I ordered from amazon, one was dvd and one was dvd-r. I believe it was StepBoxing 2. My newer Blu-ray will sometimes play dvd-r, sometimes not. And often, it's hard to trade if they are dvd-r.
I contacted Kelly last week to let her know that the DVD I bought from her presale 7 years ago ("Your Best Body") had degraded to the point I could not use it.

Sound quality, loud buzzing sound throughout, lines scrolling up and down the picture, pixelation, etc. I had stored the DVD in its case in a cool dark storage cabinet.

I wonder if it was a DVD-R.

I asked her if she had heard about issues with this DVD, as I was reluctant to purchase a replacement if I would have more issues.

She emailed me a short reply that no, she had not heard of any issues.

I'm not going to spend $14.99 (her website) or $19.99 (Amazon) to replace this DVD if there are no guarantees that it's not a DVD-R or that the DVD quality will ensure a few years of play.

BTW, if I was a fitness vendor that got this complaint, I would have mailed a replacement DVD to the customer pronto, no questions asked. That way you ensure that the customer has a good experience and trusts that you will back your product quality. I've been a KCM customer who preordered almost all her DVDs for the past 14 years. Most of her workouts don't suit my fitness needs anymore and I have different expectations of my vendors, so I will be spending my fitness dollars elsewhere. Just my take.
Old 06-07-20, 12:14 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I contacted Kelly last week to let her know that the DVD I bought from her presale 7 years ago ("Your Best Body") had degraded to the point I could not use it.

Sound quality, loud buzzing sound throughout, lines scrolling up and down the picture, pixelation, etc. I had stored the DVD in its case in a cool dark storage cabinet.

I wonder if it was a DVD-R.
Mary at totalfitnessdvds has "Your Best Body" listed as a DVD-R so it's definitely possible though I would have thought KCM has enough of a fan base to make regular DVDs and still make a profit.

FWIW, I backed up the DVD-R KCM I recently received because I've heard they do have a possibility of degrading over time and no way am I paying $14.99 or whatever for another DVD-R in the future to replace it (if DVDs are even still for sale then).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:36 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Dawn, I doubt that a DVD you preordered from Kelly would be a DVD-R. I imagine it's only the older titles that are being printed now that would be. Amy Bento told me years ago that it's much cheaper to print 100 DVD-Rs than DVDs, and I'm sure Kelly isn't selling many of the older ones anymore. So that's probably why the older ones are being printed as DVD-R's now. She isn't selling enough of them to make it worth printing as a pressed DVD.

I checked my copy of Your Best Body (which is dated 2011) and it is not a DVD-R. I can't remember if I preordered it or not, but I did buy it when it was first released. I watched it, and it seems to be okay. I'm not sure why yours would degrade if it is a pressed DVD. (By the way, I believe all DVD-R's are purple on the back. That's the best way to know.)

It's worth noting that I have hardly used mine at all. That could be why mine hasn't degraded.
Old 06-07-20, 12:46 PM  
Gams

I personally would not have a problem spending $14.99 to replace a product I had gotten 7 years use out of. And as a vendor, I wouldn’t replace a product for free that someone had been using for 7 years. Just me, but that could add up to a lot of freebies if you replaced everything no matter how old. The only time I expect a free replacement is when my original order arrives damaged or not working.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:49 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
My fellow thrift store buddy knows what kind of sale would lure me in, lol!! Wouldn't that be great!?
LOL, yes it would, and you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I usually try to wait until she has the new year's sale and all her dvds are $10
But I want them now.
Collage has a KCM 2-pack for a discount, noting that they're dvd-r; the single versions, however, have no such disclaimer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I'm not sure why yours would degrade if it is a pressed DVD.
I've had a dvd go bad after just a few years, if that. I think it was Gladiator, and I saw no other complaints so I figured it was rare. I don't think YBB is dvd-r, since the sale of KCM dvd-r is a new development, like within the past year, but it could be a regular dvd that's gone bad.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:50 PM  
bubbles76

Kelly replaced my dvd-r with a pressed dvd. She was really sweet about it. I was just wondering if she was going the dvd-r route now, as I haven't preordered from Kelly in some time. I still want to replace her older DVDs (pre-30MTF series), but not if they are dvd-r.

ETA: I believe Kelly replaced the dvd-r with a pressed dvd because Amazon did not have it listed as a dvd-r. Plus, once I realized it was dvd-r, I immediately contacted Kelly. Pretty sure I didn't wait very long, but I could be mistaken. I have a lot of virgins on my shelf .
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 01:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

The last DVDs I received from Kelly were regular DVDs. I don't do many of her workouts any more - I've scaled back a bit) and am on the fence about ordering these. Knowing that they would be regular DVDs and not DVD-rs acquired at a later time could be enough to push me over the edge to order though.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, kcm