Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-19, 05:31 PM  
Gams

Kelly Coffey Meyer Sculpting RX

I purchased this not long ago and did both workouts yesterday and I loved it! I have to try to find more of her workouts. I have quite a few but there may be a few that I’ve overlooked. I don’t like too much boxing or floor work. She’s my go to person for weights these days.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 05:36 PM  
sbh

I like Sculpting Rx too. I also am enjoying Cardio Pump and Build & Burn.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 05:45 PM  
Gams

Yes - I like Build & Burn, too! I’ll have to go look at a clip for cardio pump.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 05:50 PM  
sbh

I forgot to mention, Cardio Pump does have a boxing workout along with a weight workout. Both are really good, IMHO.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-19, 12:57 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I was expecting to not love Sculpting RX because some folks said early on the music wasn't good and that's important to me. However, the music is fine for me and the workouts themselves are great. I usually add on a few more lower body exercises to workout #1. It seems the upper is worked more and I feel uneven.

I really like the weights portion of Cardio Pump. Thorough and done in 30 minutes. What's not to like?!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 05:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

late to the SRx party: i finally de-virginized this one recently, having done workout 1 last week and workout 2 this week.

i love this one - you feel worked and the moves are creative without being too fancy. Beth's review is linked below, and is an excellent breakdown and impression of the workouts. the music is good too.

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=5147

in workout 2, it's meant to be sort of a high-rep, low weight workout. Kelly tells you at the end that she used 5# - gee thanks Kelly! i started with 8# and when she started doing lateral UB, i switched to 5#.

for both workouts, my HR was in the fat-burning zone, so this one has a cardio effect.

Also - this workout is the most recent of Kelly's releases, and i would like to call for reviews of her more recent DVDs.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 11:38 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

If you like Cardio Pump, you gotta check out Strong & Lean -- SO good! I also enjoy SculptingRx and Build & Burn... I gotta say KCM is in my life every week, at least once and up to three times per week!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 11:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
If you like Cardio Pump, you gotta check out Strong & Lean -- SO good! I also enjoy SculptingRx and Build & Burn... I gotta say KCM is in my life every week, at least once and up to three times per week!
tiff - i have both of those (CP and B&B) and will do them! thanks. Strong & Lean - will check out some clips.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 07:49 AM  
AnMrsDe

I LOVE Sculpting Rx and may be one of my favorite KCM workouts! Workout 2 is like an updated Slim Series for me (that's a good thing!) with the 8's & 5's and the combination moves. I usually use 5#'s for the shoulders/tricep segment then 8#'s for the rest and is a great workout.

I recently discovered the Workout 1 & 2 Intervaled Body Parts premix = 38 min. which is a combination of using lighter and heavier weights from both workouts. I really enjoy this dvd! Amped Up Cardio is a very close 2nd!

ETA: I utilize the music off option.... Glad Kelly always includes that (but not needed in Amped Up Cardio for me)!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:30 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I recently discovered the Workout 1 & 2 Intervaled Body Parts premix = 38 min. which is a combination of using lighter and heavier weights from both workouts. I really enjoy this dvd! Amped Up Cardio is a very close 2nd!
I did the Intervaled premix this past week for the first time and thought it was great! I expected the mix to start with heavy weights for a body part and then move to lighter weights, but it is the opposite. Kelly knows how to mix things up!

Tags
30 minute strength, cardio and strength, kcm, kcm strength, kelly coffey meyer, music off option, sculpting rx, strength training