Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-19, 11:33 PM  
rhbrand

Thoughts on Brittany Dawn Fitness?

There is a fitness "influencer", Brittany Dawn Fitness, on YouTube and something very similar on Instagram, who is in big trouble.

She was selling workout programs and diet programs, supposedly personalized to each person, and then either not sending anything, or sending the same basic program to every person. All while showing off her Range Rover, trips to exotic places, fancy house, that sort of thing on YouTube and Instagram. But never answering e-mails, that was a part of the program, her answering questions, or just sending a quick "doing so great girl" when the lady might not be losing at all.

I was a fan of hers. Not the biggest but I enjoyed some of her content. I really enjoyed her Starbucks videos, where she's show how to order at Starbucks to get the taste but fewer calories. Wish I wrote them down cause now there will be a Starbucks going into a close town, rather than 70 mins away so I might go more than a few times a year. But her videos are monetized and I don't want her to get anymore money. I unsubscribed to both her Instagram and YouTube and she's lost thousands of subs, and some sponsors as well.

There has been a HUGE uproar, with Brittany herself being on GMA. She's so full of crap! She's only sorry she got caught.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Anyone else have thought on Britt
Old 02-15-19, 12:04 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I read about this a few days ago. I never heard of her before, but I just don't trust all these Instagram fitness "influencers" who keep popping out of nowhere. Literally anyone it seems, can start an account and scam people.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 12:36 PM  
Leonana

I had never heard of her either until now. I suppose it was a matter of time before someone got caught. I hope this will help educate people about spending their money on these things.
Old 02-15-19, 12:50 PM  
sherry7899

I saw the segment on GMA. I had not heard of her either.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 01:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

rhbrand, I don't think people make much money from youtube videos, so if you wanted to watch the starbuck's one another time to take notes, I don't think you'd be sending much her way. On the other hand...... I'll bet you could find similar information from a nicer person.

I'd never heard of this person or the scandal until this thread.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 08:27 PM  
rhbrand

I'm just going to look for someone else to get the info from. I don't want to give her even a penny. And when I looked it up, she at her peak was making around 6 grand a month just on her videos. Not counting her sponsorships, etc.

Latest info, a class action lawsuit has been filed against her, and people are signing up in droves.
Old 02-15-19, 08:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

What is a "fitness influencer"? I guess I need to get out more....
Old 02-15-19, 10:10 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
What is a "fitness influencer"? I guess I need to get out more....
They are generally someone who has a really huge Instagram following, or a very large YouTube channel.
Brittany HAD over 500,000 instagram followers and her YouTube channel HAD over 310,000 subs.

Cause of their following, companies will start sending PR to them, cause a mention or two could mean thousands of sales. Then come the sponsorships, where companies will pay for an influencer to show a product on Instagram, or in their YouTube video. Again, can mean thousands in new sales.

I see it a lot in the beauty and fitness social media world.
Old 02-15-19, 11:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you! I had no idea. Very interesting......
Old 02-16-19, 09:42 AM  
kas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I'm just going to look for someone else to get the info from. I don't want to give her even a penny. And when I looked it up, she at her peak was making around 6 grand a month just on her videos. Not counting her sponsorships, etc.

Latest info, a class action lawsuit has been filed against her, and people are signing up in droves.
You can check out themacrobarista on IG for Starbucks orders.
kas97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brittany dawn, instagram