Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-17, 03:42 PM  
daisyduke

Tracy Anderson streaming vs meta

I have had great results with meta in the past. I alway stop and try something new. This time I went to streaming instead of meta and my results didn't seem that great.

Does anyone stream? Can you comment on your results?

Thanks in advance
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 08:19 AM  
daisyduke

WOW I guess no one does Tracy a anymore!
Old 12-06-17, 08:26 AM  
SuzieC

I had I give up TA because it aggravates my hip. However I did TA exclusively for years. I had better results with meta and continuity. I did not like what streaming did to my body - my butt was huge! Lol. Maybe it was because I did little cardio when I was doing streaming. I also think that streaming uses the same type of moves over and over and for me that led to injury. That said, it was probably the most fun workout I ever did. The music and the vibe was awesome. Despite everything I said, I would go back to it in a flash if my hip wasn’t so painful after doing TA.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 01:41 PM  
daisyduke

Sorry about your hip!!

I really think the meta isn’t better for me too! Not sure why but The streaming just didn’t get me results!
Old 12-06-17, 09:59 PM  
Honeydew

I"ve been doing hipcentric, but I"m getting the dreaded flat butt. I'm going to take a break and focus on Essentrics and Callanetics for now. I might throw in TA upper body workouts and abs, I always get results from those. I have not done streaming but I am guessing that I would still get the same results as I do with Meta.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 03:32 AM  
aspidistra

Yes, I've been doing Continuity and streaming. I alternate them and I still keep track of my Continuity progress day by day even if I substitute streaming. I love streaming and I missed it when I didn't renew, so I had to get it again. The Continuity is very much like the first three months of Metamorphosis. It's structured and regimented. But streaming is like being in her class, and she improvises her moves. It inspires me more than a video because it's like a mix of cardio and mat. It's very fast and I have to modify it for my own abilities but it actually makes me do some cardio. The music is well chosen from old and new songs and it makes me want to do the workout.

I started Meta strictly in May. I've lost half my fat, most of it in the first three months, and wish I could post you my pics so you'd be convinced that this method works. I was size 12 and am currently size 4-6 and my goal is 0-2. I get tired of the long plateaus too, where I lose only one to three lbs. in a month, but then I look at my older pictures and I see that so much weight has come off. The body is tighter and smaller even when the weight isn't down. It's just a matter of doing it every day and being patient. You can lose one eighth of an inch a week but in 8 weeks that's an inch. It adds up.

Many times I nearly gave up this method because I thought it was not working fast enough. I still had flabby arms, big waist, etc. But then I looked at my measurements and pictures from previous months and the difference is there. I've lost 2 " off the arms and thighs even though I still don't look perfect. We forget what we looked like.

This method is something that keeps me on track. You pick something and stick to it. I just like her method. I tried being more freeform before with various programs, and got nowhere. I like the discipline of following the continuity, after doing the entire 90 days of meta, and I now feel like I'm in her class doing the streaming. I know it costs a lot but it's important for me and I budgeted for it. You can still get the two week free trial, by the way.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 05:08 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
Yes, I've been doing Continuity and streaming. I alternate them and I still keep track of my Continuity progress day by day even if I substitute streaming. I love streaming and I missed it when I didn't renew, so I had to get it again. The Continuity is very much like the first three months of Metamorphosis. It's structured and regimented. But streaming is like being in her class, and she improvises her moves. It inspires me more than a video because it's like a mix of cardio and mat. It's very fast and I have to modify it for my own abilities but it actually makes me do some cardio. The music is well chosen from old and new songs and it makes me want to do the workout.

I started Meta strictly in May. I've lost half my fat, most of it in the first three months, and wish I could post you my pics so you'd be convinced that this method works. I was size 12 and am currently size 4-6 and my goal is 0-2. I get tired of the long plateaus too, where I lose only one to three lbs. in a month, but then I look at my older pictures and I see that so much weight has come off. The body is tighter and smaller even when the weight isn't down. It's just a matter of doing it every day and being patient. You can lose one eighth of an inch a week but in 8 weeks that's an inch. It adds up.

Many times I nearly gave up this method because I thought it was not working fast enough. I still had flabby arms, big waist, etc. But then I looked at my measurements and pictures from previous months and the difference is there. I've lost 2 " off the arms and thighs even though I still don't look perfect. We forget what we looked like.

This method is something that keeps me on track. You pick something and stick to it. I just like her method. I tried being more freeform before with various programs, and got nowhere. I like the discipline of following the continuity, after doing the entire 90 days of meta, and I now feel like I'm in her class doing the streaming. I know it costs a lot but it's important for me and I budgeted for it. You can still get the two week free trial, by the way.
Everything above is true - I still stream and really enjoy the classes - they are unique and get you moving your body in ways traditional workouts don't. The streaming is way more total body than Meta or Cont.The energy is in the streaming can't be beat - I will add that I still do 1-2 total body traditional weight workouts because that works for my body type - but if I could I would just do the streaming. If you are curious about it - check out IG there are tons of people who post their workout weekly from TAM streaming.
Good luck!
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 03:25 PM  
daisyduke

Thanks for feedback!