Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-17, 07:58 PM  
daisyduke

Tracy Anderson fans... which was better meta or steaming

If you've done Tracy Anderson can you please chime in with which gave you better results... meta or streaming?
Thank you
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 06:35 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I didn't do Meta but I did Continuity (mostly Omni with some Glutes) and got my best results ever with that.

I was thrilled when Streaming launched and I find it SO much fun - I love the music, the live class feeling, the new weekly content, etc. - but unfortunately it never gave me the same results as Continuity even though (or because??) the workouts are longer and more challenging. I also ended up with very, very tight shoulders and hips with streaming.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 07:01 AM  
daisyduke

Thanks fuzzie! Did you do half hour ms and half hour D.C.? Or just the ms?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 07:52 AM  
readcookrun

I did both meta/continuity and streaming. I echo what fuzzie said above in that streaming was exciting because of the class feeling, the newness of it and there is an active Facebook group and lots of ladies had Instagram accounts that helped greatly with motivation. That being said, I got tired of TA's circus-y moves in streaming and the cost. I found that I also had to take a break from the community because of the outlandish claims TA or they would make about her workouts and diet recommendations.

I moved back to continuity for a while. But now my workouts consist of a mixture of her DVDs, LEKfit, BBS, Pilates by Lisa and rebounding. Basically, I had a (belated) aha moment when I realized my results depended more what I ate rather than strictly following any particular rotation. (With perfectly imitated angles and feet position, dammit! Sorry I couldn't help insert TA sarcasm.)

My results were about the same for both. I got a higher butt with streaming but my arms were better with meta/continuity, but just marginally for both. The results are better with the above said focus on diet and just doing my fave workouts.
readcookrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 09:12 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Daisy - I just did 30 minutes of MC 4-5x/week and added short "fusion" workouts (like Kari Anderson, Ellen Barret etc) a few times a week.

Readcookrun - I am nodding my head furiously reading your post The circus-like move! The outlandish conversations in the community! The central impact of food on results (sob!)! I too really like Lekfit as a TA alternative. I didn't do that method long enough or consistently enough to assess results (I've been on a Callanetics kick for a few months) but I definitely enjoy her workouts and vibe.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 12:28 PM  
hotncmom

Tell me about LEK Fit! I think I signed up for a free trial a while back and there wasn't a lot of content on the site yet. I would mostly be interested in lower body floorwork, Jumpsport, and upper body plank/light weights. Not interested in dance cardio or anything high impact. How many workouts are out and what types are included? Thanks!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 02:10 PM  
readcookrun

I temporarily stalled my LEKfit subscription to do BBS streaming, but there is a lot of content. She doesn't take things down. She was releasing a class each week, which was a combo of rebounding and muscular work. Recently I think she's doing this plus a separate sculpt workout. Her classes are typically 45-50min long. She also has non class videos that range from 5-40 min long. I love them! I signed up mainly for the rebounding. Occasionally, she gets off the trampoline and dances on the floor (easy to follow) but I just stay on the rebounder and follow along as best I can. She's a former TA trainer and professional dancer and she's lovely to watch--like a graceful swan.

There's a FB group for checking and questions. She's pretty down to earth and extremely reasonable in her advice. 2 hour workouts? Why? Listen to your body. Diet advice? I'm not a nutritionist so I would seek their advice and listen to your body.

The only thing I haven't liked is hat when she does her triceps extension she also moves her elbows.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have other questions.
Old 09-28-17, 05:46 PM  
hotncmom

Thank you for the info! That sounds great, I'll definitely check it out after I cancel my Callanetics subscription!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 10:52 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by readcookrun View Post
LEKfit....there is a lot of content. She doesn't take things down.
Actually, Lauren takes down live class workouts after a period of time has passed to make room for new classes. She currently uploads 2 live classes each week and sometimes a bonus 3-5 minute dance cardio.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 06:24 AM  
readcookrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
Actually, Lauren takes down live class workouts after a period of time has passed to make room for new classes. She currently uploads 2 live classes each week and sometimes a bonus 3-5 minute dance cardio.
Oh, things may have changed since I last subscribed. Thanks for the update!

I also want to say that she has stand-alone ab, leg, arm and bounce workouts. The abs are almost all planks with chaturangas (sp?). Those and the leg workouts are particularly killer for me.

Tags
lekfit