Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-16, 11:38 PM  
Cybersparkle

Cassie from Blogilates has a change of heart ...

I get Cassie's news letter and I am so proud of her! She competed in a bikini competition a few years back but decided not to continue. She shares her story here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZGL6rCDyXo

I am a recovering "good girl" (high achiever, type A personality, perfectionist, people pleaser) and I can spot another "good girl" a mile away.

Eventually, I got burned out, my habits caught up with me & after a lot of heartache, I began to love myself & learn to please ME first & trust my own instincts rather than always looking to others for validation.

Cassie has gone from "good girl" to "real woman". I applaud her honesty & wish her the best of luck on her journey of self love

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-16, 09:38 AM  
cherimac

I loved that, too.
Old 01-27-16, 12:39 PM  
mle777

Thank you for sharing

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-16, 01:48 PM  
TinierTina

It's just like that recent interview she gave for January/February 2016 Health magazine (she's been on its cover):

"My dad wanted me to be a doctor, but I had no passion for that. I wanted a different career, but he told me I would fail. I was 16! He said I was dishonoring the family. We stopped talking for a few years. It was crazy stuff that could break a person, and it almost broke me. But I knew that I had to live for myself. Now my dad brags about me, and both my parents are very happy for me."

I just love this ... you set the standards ... and you just show up ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-16, 04:04 PM  
suzannaerin

She's a good soul, seems to be a genuinely sweet person. I have her two DVDs, both of which are tough.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 09:18 AM  
toomuchjoy

I love this! Is there anyone else in the blogosphere/etc that has a similar view?

I'm trying to break the diet/binge cycle myself and this was really comforting to me.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 10:37 AM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
I love this! Is there anyone else in the blogosphere/etc that has a similar view?

I'm trying to break the diet/binge cycle myself and this was really comforting to me.
I was really inspired too & moved to tears by her experience.

I am not sure of any blogs with similar views, but a google search would probably come up with some blogs.

We are not supposed to discuss diets on here, so not sure if it is appropriate or not to go into too much detail

Old 01-28-16, 10:37 AM  
Eibhinn

Youtube Host: "I was too restrictive with my diet and it caused me to develop an eating disorder and health problems, therefore I will never adopt another restrictive diet"

Countless tone-deaf Youtube commenters: "You should go vegan!"

Ummmm.....
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-16, 10:39 AM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
It's just like that recent interview she gave for January/February 2016 Health magazine (she's been on its cover):

"My dad wanted me to be a doctor, but I had no passion for that. I wanted a different career, but he told me I would fail. I was 16! He said I was dishonoring the family. We stopped talking for a few years. It was crazy stuff that could break a person, and it almost broke me. But I knew that I had to live for myself. Now my dad brags about me, and both my parents are very happy for me."

I just love this ... you set the standards ... and you just show up ...
Wow, I didn't know she had been thru all that! I respect her even more for standing her ground & having faith in herself & her dreams.
She certainly deserved being on the cover
You go Cassie

Old 01-28-16, 10:57 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post

Check out Nia Shanks and Jill Coleman. There are others too. They link to each other, share each other's articles. So once you find a couple, you will start finding more.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote