Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-29-20, 10:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

I had planned on doing the kettlebell swings after dinner but I forgot. I wanted to finish a book I had been reading. I am planning a walk today and maybe some MR. I have a week left on my free trial.

DONNA, nice workouts as always. It does sound like the foot is just going to require some patience but at least it's going in the right direction. Good idea to use face moisturizer as a body moisturizer if it's not working out for the face. Oh I did buy a down coat with a great Black Friday sale in anticipation of continuing my walking regimen throughout the cold winter. That was it though for Black Friday.

Waves to PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 07:30 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Yesterday an hour walk and today a 1/2 hour & later a 20 minute walk.

Started decorating. Christmas time is coming up soon. I like the lights and I keep them up through Valentine's day.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.We made it through this holiday in one piece....we can do it again!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 08:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Today is a complete washout so I'll probably (hopefully) do some MR.

ROSE, nice walks! We put up our tree and lights over the weekend too. I like the idea of keeping the lights up til Valentine's Day.

Waves to DONNA & PAT.

Have a great day!
Old 11-30-20, 10:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Running a bit off schedule today - I guess getting back to the routine after the holiday has thrown me off!

Yesterday, DD and I did our long walk. Hoping to keep that up through the winter....especially w/ COVID....it is good for us both to get out on the weekends....

Yesterday evening I did Yoga w/ Adriene - Anchor in Hope practice, which was a short and sweet one.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - 25 Min Dumbbell Workout for Women Over 50 - pretty standard Pahla stuff in this one - not a bad thing. I like the way she can get it done in a short amount of time!

Blessful Body - Hip Strength & Mobility - a nice one to do, particularly after our walk yesterday.

Rainy and dreary here today.

I did succumb and I signed up for Blessful Body - it was $1 for 21 days. I'll see if I renew at the end of the time. I do enjoy her stuff - it is gentle and a fusion of Pilates and Yoga. Very low on the dread factor.

Gypsy Rose - that is nice that you leave your lights up until Valentine's Day. It helps w/ the winter gloom to see those lights. My DH wants everything down on New Year's....

Summer Breeze - rain here today...

Waves, Pat - happy "Moan" day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies! I have some catching up to do.

Friday after Thanksgiving was an amazing day. My son came for his postponed visit and we went out to walk, at the last minute deciding to go to a nature preserve by us. By some miracle I was able to do the full 4.3 mile trail, including climbing up on the bluffs to take the photo in my avatar. I do wish I'd planned for it and worn my hiking boots though - my tootsies are still sore!

Saturday I did some PT, Petrone balls, then DH and I went for a very short beach walk and the gym where I did my PT and a weight machine each for quads, back and chest.

Sunday featured Oivia Hsu Post Hiking Stretch, Lee Holden Tao Yin Connection and Integration (finishing program 101), gym for 15 minutes recumbent; leg press, chest and back; dumbbells for bis, tris and shoulders.

Donna, I hope your foot keeps improving. I'm doing the same as you - using up my skincare products and simplifying. I plan to stick with only a few tried and true Paula's Choice products and have switched over to a simpler regimen of CeraVe for face and Eucerin for body. Enjoy your Blessful Body sub!

Rose, thank you for your comments on my blog post. Writing and sharing helped a lot. I've so been there with rolling off the exercise wagon. Good job on getting your walks in, that's always a good way to perk up some motivation.

Summer Breeze, I didn't know you did KBs, too. Good for you!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:23 AM  
donnamp

Awesome, Pat!!!!

I love that you walk w/ your DS.

Donna
Old 11-30-20, 10:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Donna we cross posted while I was saving and editing. I'm so scared of getting the dreaded 501 block that I write a quick sentence then go back in.

I wrote a long post last week and got 501'd, arggh!
Old 12-01-20, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Fun & Sweaty 25 Min Power Walk for Women Over 50 - just what it sounds like from Pahla! Walking interspersed w/ various cardio moves.

Blessful Body - Posture Party - I think I will stick w/ Blessful Body until my 21 days runs out - her stuff is a little different - it is not all Pilates - but includes some Yoga and barre as well.

Jessica Valent - PT for Herniated Discs - I don't have one, that I'm aware of, but this contained some good back strengthening and stabilizing exercises.

Pat - I know what you mean!!!

Hope everyone has a good day - a bit chilly today after some warm temps over the weekend....

waves

Take care,

Donna
Old 12-01-20, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

It rained most of the day yesterday and I never motivated myself to do a dvd. A friend of mine from upstate NY was in town and asked me if I wanted to walk with her before she went back home. ??? I felt bad because I don't see her that often but I don't walk in the rain I am planning a walk today however and hopefully more MR before my month is up in a few days.

DONNA, nice workouts. Looks like your foot held up to the long walk so that's good news.

PAT, your trail walk sounds wonderful. Love the photo! I see some nice weight work in there too. I like to do kettlebell swings, I think they're very efficient and effective, but they do tweak my back sometimes so I back off when that happens. I was laid up for several months one time from doing swings unfortunately.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-01-20, 11:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday was super windy and rainy. I only went out for my hair appointment. In the evening I attended psoas yoga via Zoom. I lit a bunch of candles and my salt lamp as the only light. The howling wind and rain outside really lent to the atmosphere.

Summer Breeze it was definitely a tough day to get motivated to workout. Very much a veg out on the couch day with Netflix or a book. Do you use a light KB? I have a KCM video where a modifier uses a DB.

Donna, thank you for pointing out LWR's advent calendar. I'm going to do my best to follow along, even though I'm already behind. It is so nice of her to do that.

Everyone have a nice Tuesday.

Tags
bobandbrad