Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-20, 03:50 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Just count me as another who's wiping drool off of my keyboard after reading about kittybug's squash! Wow that sounds good! And my husband is not a squash fan either. Maybe it is gender based.

Kim, I think that Finley must have a secret hidden stash of catnip somewhere.

cataddict, yes, take care of your back! Not something to mess with. Hey speaking of that.... do you guys remember me whining about my hip soreness? Well, after doing one of the Udaya's that used props, I started sleeping with a pillow between my legs when I'm on either side. It helps tremendously! I still think I may be headed for a hip replacement some day, but I hope that day is a long way off.

manleym, I'm definitely going to try Take Space! That sounds great -- a good send off for you! Today in my calendar it says I should cancel Udaya. I'm so torn. I should just sign up -- I love it and I want to support them. I am pretty sure they have had sales and I hate to think about missing out on a sale, but then I think that I got three months for free. FREE! So why am I being so cheap? Silly head games.

I also don't care what order we do for Perfect 30. Left to my own devices I would follow the rotation Cathe puts out for them. It is getting exciting!!

This morning I went for a walk with my walking buddy and then did yoga with my son. Today we did a beginner flow from Rudy -- 40 minutes. Definitely the hardest one Dylan has done yet but he liked it! I think I have a yoga fan. I'm so happy -- only drawback is I'm only doing yoga that is way easier than I normally do. My butt still feels it though.

You guys talking about KCM Weights makes me want to do that one again -- I'm pretty sure that was one of my favored KCMs. Maybe tomorrow......
Old 10-21-20, 05:35 PM  
Mickey12

Bee that's great news about your hip not hurting so much anymore! And I'm so happy your son is enjoying yoga. I love yoga and wish I did it more. I can't figure out why I don't.

Tonight I did another virgin workout in my pile. KCM Kickboxing. I got this one recently but it's an oldie, 2008. OMG, it's so darn fun!!! I love the music, I love the pace because it's slow enough to make sure your form is good. I did the 53 minute premix of both workouts and it was perfect. I feel like it's a moderate workout, mostly low impact, so great when I don't feel like jumping. I liked that there is a little window at the bottom to show the next moves coming. Even with this though, I was having some brain fade and got flummoxed with some of the combos. No worries, I still got a great workout. Loved it!!

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 10-21-20, 06:15 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday, gals!!

Oh, Bee, can you maybe hold out a few weeks for a Black Friday deal for Udaya? Then you might feel better/less guilty! I'm SO glad to hear your hip is feeling better! That's awesome!

Kim, I still waffle...the yoga I started doing recently eventually did aggravate my sciatic issue so I stopped again, despite loving it so much. Just don't know what it is because I do a lot of the same stretches when I stretch on my own which I do after every single workout I do.

So today I decided to revisit Intensity since I hadn't in a while and goodness, I LOVE this workout! It's so intense but SO fun. I haven't stopped sweating yet and that's even with finding it just a tad easier than the last time I did it...not much but a tad. I'm thinking it's the upbeat fun music that just pumps me up and keeps me going through all those jumps.

My thinking might not be too popular but my thought with Perfect 30 was to combine the two workouts on each DVD and utilize those longer premixes she's got, since I usually work out for at least an hour each day. We'll see how that goes...might be a bit much with this series but only one way to find out!

Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 06:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
My thinking might not be too popular but my thought with Perfect 30 was to combine the two workouts on each DVD and utilize those longer premixes she's got, since I usually work out for at least an hour each day. We'll see how that goes...might be a bit much with this series but only one way to find out!

Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!
Oh my gosh... kittybug wants to go straight to the double premixes...she's a maniac!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi friends!

Today was Marcus Irwin's Airborne again. I'm sticking to hi/lo for aerobics until my back is at 100% since I think the other forms I do frequently (kickbox or step) may irritate it. It's at 90% now. I think it's primarily due to tightness in my hips and lower back, so I'm trying to pay more attention to it. Hopefully Cathe's Mobility workout will help with that! Oh, and I really like Marcus and his cuing is one of the best I've experienced. This time I got 99% of the moves so I rang a cowbell for myself!

kittymax, I'm with you on your plan to combine the workouts on one DVD. I also work out for an hour. So we could try this together! The purple covered workout is Cardio Core Circuit. That's the one that I (stupidly) did the cardio only premix and just about died. It's definitely the toughest DVD of that series, at least IMHO.

bee, glad your hip got better! I'm hoping my self care will work to get my back to 100%. So far, so good.

I'm waiting on Black Friday deals to grab some more Cathe Lives. horusosiris, I would love it if you would list some of your favorites! The only ones I don't care about are the few spinning ones she did.

Waving to all! Stay safe everyone! We just found out our niece and her family (husband and 2 kids) all have COVID. They are all pretty young so hopefully all will be okay.

ETA: My DVDs have left NJ on their way south!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 10-21-20 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add item
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:06 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Gosh, I just ordered KCM's Kickboxing and Train Like a Contender DVDs because I've finally discovered her shorter kickboxing segments in my giant pile of KCM DVDs and I actually really like them because her combinations aren't overly complex, not especially knee tweaky and just outright fun! They are a great alternative to more traditional hi-lo floor aerobics and she usually has a modifier for low impact. I was inspired to explore my shelf after I got Amped Up Cardio and did it a second time and then realized it's very kickboxing/boxing heavy so worth checking out other stuff to see if it's similar. Really looking forward to the DVDs I ordered from Mary at Total Fitness DVDs
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:27 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to All!
Perfect 30 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Today I did Cathe Live 319- Low Impact Cardio Sweat Plus Core. This workout was a cardio intensive (more steady state) with eight rounds of a light weight segment followed by two low impact cardio segments. All of the moves were very familiar Cathe exercises. I was all set to like this workout until Cathe repeated the weight segments in the second half. I was hoping that she would do all new exercise throughout. She ended the workout with a core segment. It was a decent workout. I rated it 3 stars and put it on my list of “maybe” to do again.

Bee- Great that your hip is feeling better

Kitty- My family loves all types of squash. Butternut is our favorite. Did you save me any? I am still driving your way to get the chicken soup- LOL.

Manelym-
CM Weights is a good one! I have to give Zero to Sixty another try because I have not done it in years. IIRC, I did not like it very much because of the rapid pace. Naturally the Soul Mate 2’s shoes were not available in my size.

Cataddict
- I lost most my most recent Cathe live notes when my hard disk crashed not too long ago. I did find an old sheet with the workouts from 2014- part of 2018. I will see what I can glean from that list about my favorite Cathe Lives.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:29 AM  
lavna

There was an article today in the news saying that dumbbells are still out of stock in many stores in our province. I know it's the same everywhere but it's the first time I've seen an article on that! I'm so happy that I already have what I need!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:37 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
There was an article today in the news saying that dumbbells are still out of stock in many stores in our province. I know it's the same everywhere but it's the first time I've seen an article on that! I'm so happy that I already have what I need!
Lavna- yes we are so fortunate to already have dumbbells. Sometimes I wonder whether it is a "fake" shortage so they can up the prices?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:01 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dear friends! Glad to see everyone is doing so well!! I love reading about your workouts. Strong, fierce and oh-so lovely!

Leg is much much better. Hardly sore at all although there is a nasty looking bruise still.

bee: you may be right. Any time I get an injury of any kind I do tend to heal pretty quickly.

manleym: I always pay for VF Supporter because I like to keep supporting this fun site. Without VF I doubt I'd have half the workout collection that I do now. Oh, maybe that's ok? Heehee

ChelePA: Wow! Thanks for the breakdowns! Looks like we will have tons to play with.

cataddict: I should revisit some of my Patrick G workouts. He's tough!

kittybug: STS is indeed 3 workouts per week. Two upper, one legs. It will be super easy to mix in with other workouts like cardio, yoga, etc.
Each Meso moves you into different levels. Meso 1 is muscle endurance. Meso 2 is hypertrophy and Meso 3 is strength.
Each workout within each Meso is different but you also may notice some repeated moves. Cathe did a marvelous job of editing these. I never got bored, always challenged. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. This is by far the BEST strength building set out there - I think.

Linda: I'm game for any Perfect 30 rotation.

Kim: Go girl! I'm so glad you post in both threads.

Mmmmmmm squash!!!!

Yesterday I did Shock Cardio MMA Boxing. It has been since 2011 since I have done some of the STS cardio. This was fun. Not killer hard and was ok with my leg.
For Yoga I did YW365 Modified Warrior. Short and sweet and Rudy!

Today I did STS Meso 3 Disk 32 - Plyo Legs + Ab Hits #2. I flipflopped my Wed/Thurs workouts to give my right leg a bit more rest. Felt great!! LOVE the plyo moves in this and the weighted stuff was challenging. I used my 30s (one or both) for all the weighted work.
Yoga to come.

I also did Shovel Max on Tues and yesterday. Yes we got snow! WAAAAY too early and we broke records for earliest heavy snowfall. Got about 5 inches of heavy wet snow. Yuck. So a little extra activity for me even though I'd rather skip the snow please.
Take care all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in