Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-17, 11:24 AM  
keilan00

I really like LEKfit! I usually only subscribe for one month and then jump to a different online streaming service. With LEKfit, I've stayed because I don't want to miss out on the live classes and bouncing on a rebounder is my preferred method of cardio. Her monthly fee is really good considering you are getting 8 new full length live classes every month. Sometimes there is an actress in the background working out. LEKfit is much more affordable than TA streaming. I like Tracy Anderson too but have 2 Metamorphosis sets with 2 years worth of Continuity dvds for both. That's enough to keep me busy.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 02:40 PM  
aspidistra

I have done TA in the past and had good results from Meta, when I didn't do it according to her procedure. I used to do random levels. But this year I did all of Meta Ab in order and then went to Continuity Hip. I wanted to see if it would work better if I did it according to her protocol. At the same time I started Continuity I got a 2 week free trial of Streaming, and liked it so much that I started combining Continuity and Streaming. I've been doing Streaming for more than a month now because I liked it so much that I paid for it.

Long story short, the Meta/Continuity works the problem areas more and gets the weight off, and I suspect the Streaming is for people who are just maintaining their perfect figures. But the Streaming is longer and more fun (interesting mix of music and you follow along with her class) and has some cardio included and it's a good long overall workout. I just like doing it even though it is not targeting any of my problem zones. I like alternating Continuity and Streaming, or doing both of them. As for results, I can't say which works better because it's a process. I lost considerable weight doing Meta and the beginning of Continuity and Streaming, and I continue to make slow progress.

I think any of the TA workouts will give results and it just takes a long time. My results are just as gradual whether using Meta, Continuity or Streaming. But they are real results as I went from size 12 to size 4 already. The key is to do it every day. When I don't do it because of illness or injury of course I stay the same and don't go down in weight. Weight loss and inches lost is only noticeable when comparing pictures and measurements from months ago with today. That's why it's so important to take pictures and to measure. I can see how much thinner I am as the weeks progress. Also the way your clothes fit is another indicator. It is vital to have pants in a smaller size that don't stretch at all and try them on periodically. I was in a fantasy of denial when I lived in yoga pants which fit the same no matter what your weight, and literally make you disappear because they're black. I refuse to wear them ever again.

So, in summary, all of the TA methods work, and the discipline of following it in order was necessary for me. It's a slow, slow process and I had to stop doing it casually. No results happen then. I write down how many minutes I do every day. I "show up for myself" as she says, and I am accountable to myself. Getting the streaming subscription was part of my feeling completely committed to her method and doing more minutes. It was also an eye opener for me to see how many moves are the same whether in Meta level 1 or her brand new weekly studio class. These are all basic moves that shape the body and it's the sheer repetition that makes the weight finally come off.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lekfit