Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-15, 09:31 PM  
lorajc

What Barlates does everyone do? If I get one which one should I get?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 09:32 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Feedback on Classical Stretch is similar. Some say it makes them feel great, others say it has caused them lots of pain.
I thought Classical Stretch was just stretching?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 10:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
No it's not static stretching, quite the opposite. It's dynamic flowing/stretching movements and toning.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 01:40 AM  
aspidistra

Quote:
Hi,

I still haven't buckled down and given my tracys the old college try....well I was injured for a while...but I was thinking that after I get back into the swing of working out and play around with my dvds.....perhaps I should try a tracy rotation finallt since I still need to loose weight....so are peeps still getting good results with her?
I gained 30 lbs. back when I stopped doing TA. I just got into it again after a year of becoming so out of shape. Doing Tracy in 2014 I went from size 14 to size 2. Giving it up I reached size 10 - I did not gain it all back so hopefully I will get back into shape soon. I am now down to size 8 after one month. The muscles have memory and they now crave this movement. I learned a harsh lesson. If you stop the workouts, you gradually lose your shape. It's a mindset, when I get into any bad habit like not exercising. At first I didn't see the weight gain. It comes so gradually. But pictures and the way my clothes fit told the true story of how important exercise was for me. Also, there are three modes my body gets into - fat burning, fat gaining, or stagnating (or plateau). I had to get back into fat burning mode and it did take several weeks of waking up my body. Because I love TA workouts, it is an incentive to do the work every day. Needless to say, I still cannot do the full amount because I became so weak. I try to add another minute each day. Definitely, if you go at your own pace, the TA dvds - all of them - will get you your wonderful shape. It happened to me before, and now that my health problem was solved, nothing is stopping me from enthusiastically doing the mat work and cardio. Why Tracy? I tried many others and just really saw the most stunning results with meta (it does not matter which meta - I often mix and match as I have them all).
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 08:38 AM  
jackie7

What TAs do you do?

Do you do a rotation?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 12:12 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
I gained 30 lbs. back when I stopped doing TA. I just got into it again after a year of becoming so out of shape. Doing Tracy in 2014 I went from size 14 to size 2. Giving it up I reached size 10 - I did not gain it all back so hopefully I will get back into shape soon. I am now down to size 8 after one month. The muscles have memory and they now crave this movement. I learned a harsh lesson. If you stop the workouts, you gradually lose your shape. It's a mindset, when I get into any bad habit like not exercising. At first I didn't see the weight gain. It comes so gradually. But pictures and the way my clothes fit told the true story of how important exercise was for me. Also, there are three modes my body gets into - fat burning, fat gaining, or stagnating (or plateau). I had to get back into fat burning mode and it did take several weeks of waking up my body. Because I love TA workouts, it is an incentive to do the work every day. Needless to say, I still cannot do the full amount because I became so weak. I try to add another minute each day. Definitely, if you go at your own pace, the TA dvds - all of them - will get you your wonderful shape. It happened to me before, and now that my health problem was solved, nothing is stopping me from enthusiastically doing the mat work and cardio. Why Tracy? I tried many others and just really saw the most stunning results with meta (it does not matter which meta - I often mix and match as I have them all).
Hi! Great results - more info please! did you do her dance cardio as well as her muscular structure work? did you follow her rotation or your own?
TIA!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 09:01 PM  
woodie

Every time I think I am going to let go of Tracy, I read a thread like this!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 12:15 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I can't take the lack of cuuing and repetive/boring aspect of TA. Never mind she is just murder for my back and hip issues.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 06:22 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I can't take the lack of cuuing and repetive/boring aspect of TA. Never mind she is just murder for my back and hip issues.
This. Clearly some people really click with Tracy, but if you don't, yet are still tempted by the results others get with her, I find it's helpful to be reminded that you have to pretty much do her method forever to keep those results! That was the other deal-breaker for me. The thought of having to do TA for the rest of my life was highly depressing!

Quote:
I've just started with CS and whoa, it is far more challenging than I expected. You could certainly just phone it in, but if you're doing the moves properly, it's actually very hard. I was sweating like crazy the other day and it was not warm in my house!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 04:49 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
This. Clearly some people really click with Tracy, but if you don't, yet are still tempted by the results others get with her, I find it's helpful to be reminded that you have to pretty much do her method forever to keep those results! That was the other deal-breaker for me. The thought of having to do TA for the rest of my life was highly depressing!
Isn't this true for working out as a whole? If you stop working out, you will lose your results. If you stop lifting weights, you will lose your gains, etc.

Now back to the subject. I have found a happy medium with TA that I've been doing for the last 5 years, and it's 3 days of TA work with 3 days of HEAVY strength work. The combination of the two has been amazing for me and for my goals, which is a muscular physique with an overall tightening due to the iso-tension work from TA. What I really like about TA's workouts is that it also acts as active stretching for me.

So yes, I'm still getting results from TA.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote