Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-14, 02:15 PM  
SueT

Thanks so much, Kiddy. This is exactly what I was looking for!

I'll place my order today. This is just too good of a deal to pass up.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 02:36 PM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Thanks so much, Kiddy. This is exactly what I was looking for!

I'll place my order today. This is just too good of a deal to pass up.

Sue
Glad to help. I love JV's workouts.
Old 09-09-14, 06:26 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I bought 7 dvds from her sale and just did Cougar UB. It clocked at about 31 mins. I had fun and even laughed at her jokes. "Hello!"
I LOVED it. Two thumbs up.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14, 06:44 PM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I bought 7 dvds from her sale and just did Cougar UB. It clocked at about 31 mins. I had fun and even laughed at her jokes. "Hello!"
Which ones did you get?
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14, 09:04 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Which ones did you get?
I got these. I just like JV's UB workouts and don't care for her abs or LB ones.
(1) JUST ARMS and free JUST THIGHS! (2)QUICK QUARTET: & Free extra thigh & Triceps (3)VERTICAL FAT BURNING WORKOUT AND FREE vertical abs & slow & steady 1234. (4)SLOW DUET (5)COUGAR WORKOUT (6)DEFINITION (7)BONE Bld BODY SHAPE
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 03:34 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
So far, the Cougar one is the only one I have and I love it. Yes, she makes me laugh at the "Hello" comment, about catching her prey, and the final cooldown is hilarious. My dd and I were also laughing at the pawprints in the background with the closing titles .

I ordered four of her books and put them in a barrel to be shipped to us (we live outside the U.S.), so I barely glanced at the books. Just ordered some of her DVDs also and cannot wait.

I've been doing the Cougar with 3-pound weights only and ams seeing some results. Finally! Thank you all for all this and other JV threads.
Old 12-04-14, 02:01 AM  
Negin

This is a slightly old thread, but it's one that I often return to, since I've found the posts to be so helpful and encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Same experience here, and I'm still using a combo of her books and DVDs. I dropped 28 lbs in five months three years ago using primarily Joyce's BUG (Bottoms Up Gold) for upper body, rebounding and walking for cardio, and a bit of yoga and qi gong for flexibility. I did tweak my diet, but I tend not to see any results unless I'm strength training regularly. For me, muscle eats fat.
The same seems to be true for me also - that muscle eats fat and that I need to strength train regularly in order to see results.

My question/problem is that I don't have enough time to do all the workouts that I'd like to do or should be doing - too many workout choices and too little time. How often should I ideally be doing a Joyce workout in order to see the best results? Every other day, a few times a week?
I don't usually do any Joyce Vedral program in particular. I just rotate her DVDs and do them every few days. On alternate days, I might do any of the following: rebounding, Leslie Sansone, swimming, a few Classical Stretch routines back-to-back, pilates, yoga, Ellen Barrett ... just to name some.
For a while now, I've had a routine like this, but I've begun doubting myself and wondering if I should do Joyce more often.

DAY ONE: Joyce Vedral
DAY TWO: Leslie Sansone
DAY THREE: Swimming
DAY FOUR: Any of my DVDs (Ellen/Denise Austin, etc.)

Thank you so much.
Old 12-04-14, 06:05 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
This is a slightly old thread, but it's one that I often return to, since I've found the posts to be so helpful and encouraging.

The same seems to be true for me also - that muscle eats fat and that I need to strength train regularly in order to see results.

My question/problem is that I don't have enough time to do all the workouts that I'd like to do or should be doing - too many workout choices and too little time. How often should I ideally be doing a Joyce workout in order to see the best results? Every other day, a few times a week?
I don't usually do any Joyce Vedral program in particular. I just rotate her DVDs and do them every few days. On alternate days, I might do any of the following: rebounding, Leslie Sansone, swimming, a few Classical Stretch routines back-to-back, pilates, yoga, Ellen Barrett ... just to name some.
For a while now, I've had a routine like this, but I've begun doubting myself and wondering if I should do Joyce more often.

DAY ONE: Joyce Vedral
DAY TWO: Leslie Sansone
DAY THREE: Swimming
DAY FOUR: Any of my DVDs (Ellen/Denise Austin, etc.)

Thank you so much.
I totally understand the too little time and too many choices. I'm going through the same thing!
I don't do a Joyce Vedral rotation. I sporatically do her workouts each week. At least 2 days of upper body and 2 days of lower body. The lower body can be split up to 1 day Joyce lower body like Bottoms up Gold plus(which also has back and calves) and then the next lower body would be Cathe Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast or XTrain Legs depending on if I want cardio included.

Lately, I've noticed when I work legs(mainly Cathe leg workouts), I get a nice cardio affect so now I see my leg day as cardio too.

I never will understand working the muscle 1 day a week. Like Cathe does in STS or Xtrain or Crosstrain express rotation. The ONLY way I can see working the muscle 1 day a week is if you work that muscle to the point of where you can't lift your arm to brush your teeth, then, eh, I would say that you would deserve the rest of the week off. But for me, I did an STS rotation and yes, I got stronger and my pushups were easier but I didn't "see" much slimming and I didn't lose weight. When I do a Joyce Vedral 3 days a week upper and lower alternating split training, I lose weight, and my clothes get looser and that is around the 6-8 week mark.

I was also a huge Firm ankle weight fan so when I did Joyce workouts where she says NO weights on butt, I was totally not interested. until my butt shrunk from doing Joyce's workouts. So now I like her butt exercise like in Just Butt, Bottoms up Gold or Weight training made easier.

So I think at least 2 days a week do muscle training. That is what I would suggest for me but we may have different tastes. I actually like weight training with Joyce's pyramid style. I also use Cathe's Xtrain but they are much longer and harder to fit in. But I like working with Cathe and try to fit her in with my Joyce Vedral workouts.
I have been using Bone BUilding since its nice and slower. I'm sore. I also like Speedy Nonstop. I did Cougar the other day at my own speed on my own and it took forever. IT was tough with heavier weights. So I think I would rather do Speedy. I also love Bottoms Up Gold plus. I like Weight Training made easier. I like supersetting chest with triceps and I love the floorwork abs mixed with Hip/butt. It sort of reminds me of an easier version of BAthingsuit workout without getting up and down all the time and its only 5 supersets instead of 10.
I also think Fast forward is very unique. I like how she does giant sets for butt/hip, shoulders and then calves. I hate working shoulders so I can tolerate working shoulders this way. Its a sneaky way to work the shoulders.
Old 12-05-14, 02:51 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I totally understand the too little time and too many choices. I'm going through the same thing!
Mandy, thank you for understanding and for your very helpful reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
When I do a Joyce Vedral 3 days a week upper and lower alternating split training, I lose weight, and my clothes get looser and that is around the 6-8 week mark.
So I think at least 2 days a week do muscle training. That is what I would suggest for me but we may have different tastes.
This is great advice and I'm going to follow it.

I now have pretty much all of her DVDs and enjoyed reading your comments on them. I absolutely love her approach and am so grateful for this thread. I never paid much attention to her workouts until this thread.
Old 12-05-14, 09:17 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

That's a great idea Mandy. I'm currently in the same situation. Right now I am loving Suzanne Bowen and Leah Sarago barre work. I am focusing more on Suzanne's 90 day streaming holiday challenge right now because I'm fairly new to barre and she offers a lot of form explanation, nutrition tips and cardio into the workouts. I also like the mind and body connection I'm starting to feel so for me it's a different experience. But like you I'm hesitant to completely give up heavy weights. I may start incorporating two weight days or switch out workouts every 6 weeks or so.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamic tension, fast forward, joyce vedral, top shape, weight loss, weights only