Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-04, 01:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

OT: Favorite Jeans

Hi all,

I'm the kind of gal that lives in her favorite blue jeans! They're like a familiar friend to me. I love it when they're soft and comfy and relaxed. I'm a pretty casual dresser, but I saw on Oprah that the stone-washed jeans are out of style, ha ha!

My question to you all is this..., do you have a particular favorite brand name of jean or designer? Any that fit your body type especially well? I'm ready to go shopping for a new pair (since I'm down one pants size) and I haven't bought new jeans in a very long time.

I'd like something cute, that almost has more of a boutique look to it. Not your typical Lee, Wrangler, or Calvin Klein style. BTW, I hate capri's! Would like a full length jean that is slightly wider at the bottom. I hope that makes sense?

Any suggestions? Fashion diva I'm not, but thought some of you might be experts in the shopping dept., and might give me ideas as to where to shop for such a thing!

TIA! I appreciate your help!

Pam
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 01:36 PM  
Vanity68

The best i've found is from Victoria's Secret..they are so comfortable..I get the boot cut ones.
Old 03-04-04, 01:58 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for the suggestion. I made the mistake of venturing into VS right before Valentine's Day and the sales gals swarmed on me like flies! I exited the store quickly, after seeing nothing I particularly liked and the color choices seemed limited to red and black lingerie in honor of Feb. 14th! I prefer hues in blues or teals.

I think the quality has gone down in this store, while the price has risen dramatically. Of course this is JMHO. Their catalogue may be totally different, though?

Do they actually sell regular clothes (like jeans) in their stores? That's very interesting, and something I didn't realize. Thanks for that tidbit of information!

Pam
Old 03-04-04, 02:10 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Finding jeans, well any pants, that fit properly is a chore.

I've had good luck with J. Crew and Old Navy in recent years. In my case, I need to buy the short or ankle length since my legs are so short (but hey, I don't need to shorten them any further!! A minor miracle ).
Old 03-04-04, 02:15 PM  
Vanity68

Hi Pam,

I actually get the clothes from the catalog..don't know if they have the jeans in the stores..also, Old Navy has nice jeans too..I'm tall (5'9'') so its hard for me to find decent jeans that are long enough and longer in the torso..
Old 03-04-04, 02:17 PM  
dani21496

Oh I love this thread!! I have been looking for YEARS for the perfect jeans and I finally found them. My most favorite, favorite jeans ever are Lucky Brand Jeans . They have different cuts for all different body types and they are made of such good quality. They are pricey but they will last you forever!! Even my Fiancee has a couple pairs of Lucky jeans. They are the best jeans he's ever had too. They are so cute and are the best quality I've found. I actually have four pairs now (different styles and colors)! It's like finding the perfect bathing suit...I found the perfect pair of jeans!!!

They have a Lucky store at a mall near me and I've also seen Lucky Jeans at some nice department stores. I loved the Lucky store because I could try on all different kinds and the people there are so helpful! The gal there helped me find the perfect size and style for my shape (hourglass). There's a store locater on the site too. Just go all the way to the bottom and click on "Where to Buy Lucky"

Here's the link:

http://www.luckybrandjeans.com/

Just click on "Women's" and then "Jeans".

"When you're busy comparing one person to another or one experience to something else, you often miss out on what's right before you."

Richard Carlson, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
dani21496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 02:17 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

I usually buy Ralph Lauren jeans, but I just bought two pairs of Sigrid Olson jeans and I LOVE them! Quite a few department stores carry the Sigrid Olson brand.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 02:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Victoria Secret Jeans link...

Some of these are ok. I like the Vintage Clean Jean with the slanted pockets. Hmmm...Sexy jeans and boyfriend jeans??? HA, that's funny!

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/coll...r=123&page=all

Wow, lot's of responses! Thanks! Off to check out some more websites about some of your suggestions!

Thanks!

Pam
Old 03-04-04, 03:06 PM  
AnnieQ
VF Supporter

I've been having trouble finding jeans I like because the new trend is stretch EVERYTHING. I can't find any jeans that aren't stretch. It bothers me because even if they're the right size, they look too tight. Anyone know of any jeans that are not stretch denim?
AnnieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 03:07 PM  
georgialuke

NY & Co is definitely the way to go. They have three lengths (short, regular and tall) and I love the bootcut ones. I think they're called broadway bootcut. But the cool thing (besides the price which is generally under $30), is that the waist is higher than most bootcut jeans. I absolutely HATE bootcut jeans that are really low cut. The waist is usually huge and bulks up in the back, and my belly feels like its hanging out.
georgialuke is offline   Reply With Quote