Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-19, 09:36 AM  
mamaste

I still have no idea what PHA Step is supposed to be. Clever marketing to include different bonuses on each DVD to entice us to buy them all!
Old 05-09-19, 09:39 AM  
suzannaerin

While I won’t be purchasing these because my step days are over, it’s great that she is offering options for new steppers and choreography challenged. I’ll be interested in seeing if her low impact IMAX is truly low impact or Cathe low impact (i.e., not really low impact.)
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 09:44 AM  
Rhonda

Saves me from buying all three. I am interested in more info regarding PHA Step, and possibly IMAX 4 (if it is low impact).

My low impact and Cathe's usually are not the same.

I may wait to see what she plans for next spring. I don't need anything right now.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 09:47 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I wish there was some information about whether PHA step was all cardio, or strength (using weights) with cardio interspersed or a cardio effect.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 09:55 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
I still have no idea what PHA Step is supposed to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I wish there was some information about whether PHA step was all cardio, or strength (using weights) with cardio interspersed or a cardio effect.
Yeah, lots of word salad on that PHA description. Can't see how you'd get much of an upper body workout without bands or dumbbells, unless she's planning a zillion pushups or burpees.
Old 05-09-19, 10:00 AM  
marki64

Another series I can pass up. Not interested, especially since no details are given. Like Mamaste said, clever marketing. What do these dvds really entail?
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 10:09 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
Sounds like a strength not cardio workout from the description. Probably another fast paced rep count for the cardio effect.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 10:13 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I could be wrong, but I'm kind of interpreting that PHA description as it will be a typical (for her) PHA workout but utilizing the step more to create even more of a cardio component. I don't know what that would look like, but it's got me very curious.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 10:48 AM  
Shelbygirl

I took it to mean the same thing as Kittybug. I'm sure someone will ask about this over on Cathe's forum, so maybe more info will be provided sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm kind of interpreting that PHA description as it will be a typical (for her) PHA workout but utilizing the step more to create even more of a cardio component. I don't know what that would look like, but it's got me very curious.
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 10:50 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Does anyone know how long Cathe's first presale prices last, or in other words, when the price will be hiked? I want some other DVDs to make the shipping free but would prefer if at least one of those ended up on her daily deals in addition to the coupons to save a few more bucks....
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe step boss, imax 4, peripheral heart action, pha step, step boss, step without a step, stepsync