Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Getting Started with Videos

Old 01-09-03, 03:56 PM  
gaki

walk the walk vs walk away the pounds

Hello! This is gaki again, with another question.

I recently purchased Sansone's "walk the walk" 3 dvd set that has :
Miracle Mile, 2 Mile walk, and weight loss walk 4 miles

While I was looking for this set, I noticed her "walk away the pounds" 3 dvd set was all over the place, and looked like it was popular.

both the individual dvds in the "walk the walk" set, and her "walk away the pounds" set are favorably reviewed here. So now I'm wondering, whats the difference? My "walk the walk" set is still unopened, and I am wondering wether or not I should bring it in for an exchange.
I am a beginner.

This is sort of a continuation of the thread: http://205.214.68.83/vbulletin/showt...threadid=21250

Thanks in advance!

gaki
Old 01-09-03, 06:22 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

WW vs WATP

Hi Gaki. The workouts on the Walk the Walk DVD are older workouts. Even though they are older I personally like them better than the WATP (with the exception of the WATP for abs workouts) workouts, plus you'll get more mileage out of the Walk the Walk DVD.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-03, 07:16 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Leslie Tapes

There is more variety in the Walk the Walk set (which is NOT Leslie's newer Christian-themed W-t-W tapes). Miracle Mile and 2 Mile are on the same set but 2 Mile is much more varied in steps. Weight Loss Walk is a different set and more variation in steps than most of Leslie's.

Walk Away the Pounds is designed to do the last half of each tape doing various movements with weighted balls for some upper body work. Consequently she kept the footwork very simple on all of them. Also, this was filmed as a set with the same cast and set but variations of outfit colors. I use cheap wrist weights instead of the balls.

If you really like Leslie the two sets would be different enough from each other to have both and be complementary workouts since some have weights and some don't. Either is a good intro to Leslie.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-03, 09:54 AM  
mel VF

I also prefer Leslie's older workouts (now collected on your "Walk the Walk DVD). I think they are more interesting. Leslie has a new producer with her recent stuff (Walk Away the Pounds, Walk Away the Pounds-Abs, etc), and I don't really like the influence the new producer has had. Leslie is still charming, but the background exercisers don't feel as much like "real people" to me. Also, the new workouts all seem to recommend using some gadget (weighted balls, ab belt), and that seems a little too commercial to me. That said, I think you can get a good workout either way.
mel VF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-03, 01:02 AM  
gaki

okees,

thanks for your replies, folks. i am feelin much better now about my sansone dvd set

gaki