Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-15, 09:21 AM  
Missiscipi

Talking Mark De Grasse's new Kettlebell dvd Presale

i got this from Mark De Grasse - "Rosie - I had quite a few of the VF girls email me about my next dvd. I figured I could just update you? I will be releasing details about my new DVD on Tuesday evening. Presale will start then. DVD will be the combination of methods dvd and will cover Kettlebells, Sandbags and bodyweight. We will have free shipping (like the old days) for the presale. Hope that helps with some of the questions. I always enjoy the forum's feedback."

Yay! Sounds exciting! I won't be getting this one since I'm not allowed to lift over 20lbs indefinitely but I can't wait to see what yall think!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 09:35 AM  
katmom

Rozy, thank you for the update!
Old 07-12-15, 09:53 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Hmmm, I may hold off on this one. I'm still a HUGE fan of MdG. But his new ebook is all about kettlebell, sandbag, and bodyweight workouts. I wonder if some of the workouts on the DVD will be from the book? I like 'paper' workouts, so I may just use the book.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 01:58 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I was going to email him a couple of days ago, but didn't, so thanks for this, Rozy. I broke down and bought his latest ebook. There is a lot of good info in it. Seeing the pics and explanation of a racked TGU and racked windmill was practically worth the price of the whole thing since I'm still battling with my rotator cuff. He's been posting some free written workouts on his website with pictures that were taken outside. I hope he filmed the DVD outdoors.

FirmDancer - Have you tried any of the workouts from the ebook?

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 05:06 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I was going to email him a couple of days ago, but didn't, so thanks for this, Rozy. I broke down and bought his latest ebook. There is a lot of good info in it. Seeing the pics and explanation of a racked TGU and racked windmill was practically worth the price of the whole thing since I'm still battling with my rotator cuff. He's been posting some free written workouts on his website with pictures that were taken outside. I hope he filmed the DVD outdoors.

Linda, are there a lot of alternatives in the book that work better for shoulder injuries? I haven't worked with bells for months now because of my shoulder, and was finally planning on slowly starting again in about a month. I have been resting my shoulder since November, and so far so good with some light weights and sandbag workouts.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 06:37 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Linda, are there a lot of alternatives in the book that work better for shoulder injuries? I haven't worked with bells for months now because of my shoulder, and was finally planning on slowly starting again in about a month. I have been resting my shoulder since November, and so far so good with some light weights and sandbag workouts.
dela - shoulder injuries are so frustrating! I wouldn't say "a lot". What I like about Mark's ebook is that he shows racked versions of the windmill and TGU. There are more than 70 workouts. He does provide a plan and also recommends alternating months...1 month body weight, 1 month sandbag, 1 month kettlebells. Then he gives a workout schedule with the number of the workout he suggests for that day. If you're a fan of paper workouts, it is a huge bargain. I also really appreciate how much free material Mark publishes. He's been putting a lot of workouts on his new website and had a lot at Onnit when he worked there. I'm interested to see what's on his new DVD. I also saw that Lauren Brooks is working on BSLAM part 2 which I think is supposed to come out at the end of summer. I think it's supposed to have more advanced exercises and be more challenging overall.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 07:00 PM  
dela

Quote:
dela - shoulder injuries are so frustrating! I wouldn't say "a lot". What I like about Mark's ebook is that he shows racked versions of the windmill and TGU. There are more than 70 workouts. He does provide a plan and also recommends alternating months...1 month body weight, 1 month sandbag, 1 month kettlebells. Then he gives a workout schedule with the number of the workout he suggests for that day. If you're a fan of paper workouts, it is a huge bargain. I also really appreciate how much free material Mark publishes. He's been putting a lot of workouts on his new website and had a lot at Onnit when he worked there. I'm interested to see what's on his new DVD. I also saw that Lauren Brooks is working on BSLAM part 2 which I think is supposed to come out at the end of summer. I think it's supposed to have more advanced exercises and be more challenging overall.
Thanks for the details! And yes, shoulder injuries are frustrating as hell! And I'm scared to death to re-injure, so I'm being SO super cautious.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 10:31 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I was thinking about getting his e-book as well. Still recovering from injuries though.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 07:20 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I'm very shoulder conscious as well. Last July had a shoulder surgery rotator cuff repair. I do not want to do that again, the longest recovery of all. Im back to overhead moves finally, but have to be careful. Im looking forward to this DVD. I modify if I have to.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 01:36 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have not. In fact, I haven't even looked at it very closely yet. I should do that so that I could give more info.

It's a beautifully designed book, if you are into graphic design.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodyweight, kettlbells, kettlebells, mark de grasse, mark degrasse, sandbag, sandbags