Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-13, 08:27 AM  
Tugger31

What is Tony Horton's ONE ON ONE about??

I was reading some of the reviews and saw on Beach Body there are 3 Volumes. What exactly is the story behind these workouts?? I have P90X and P90X+ (which I dont reach for often). Are these worth looking into? (I do mostly Cathe).

Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 08:37 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I was reading some of the reviews and saw on Beach Body there are 3 Volumes. What exactly is the story behind these workouts?? I have P90X and P90X+ (which I dont reach for often). Are these worth looking into? (I do mostly Cathe).

Thanks!
I have 3 of these. It's like Tony Unplugged. They are very informal--Tony just doing a workout. No music or anything. The ones I have are yoga. I like them a lot and do them often.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 08:41 AM  
casey

I'm not sure but I think there are more than 3 of them. I wondered about them too because my dh really enjoys P90x. The one I heard good things about was diamond delts. I never was able to get much information about them, though.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 09:29 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Over half of the One on Ones have breakdowns in the reviews section for Tony:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...inst.php?id=12

I only tried the first one and I didn't like that it wasn't chaptered so I never bought any more. I do think the later ones were chaptered though.

I thought P90X2 was based off of the Volume 3 workouts. I got the impression he worked out the details while filming those workouts.

I love Tony, but I prefer the more professional version of his workouts. I'm pretty sure lots of his fans bought all of the volumes and all of his series because they like having options for variety. (My variety comes from other instructors. )
Old 12-10-13, 08:28 AM  
casey

Thank you
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 08:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The "One on One" workouts don't have the "Less Tony" option.

You'll wish they did.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 09:21 AM  
laurajhawk

I think the story is that Beachbody execs woke up one morning & realized "Hey! They'll buy anything with Tony in it!" ... That doesn't make them bad, but they don't have the level of planning & professionalism that most Beachbody programs have.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
one on one