Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-12, 12:07 AM  
Sharaz

Animal Flow Workout

So, I hesitated to post this because I don't know if there is some VFers interested in this type of training. But then though hey, some VFers expresed intered in Tease & Tone By now you may already know that I like crazy stuff lol

I came across Global Bodyweight Training when looking for bodyweight exercises DVD's because I'm a fan of bar athletes like Al Kavadlo. There are some other workouts, but I chose this one to begin with because he states that he incorporate disciplines as capoeira, bofy-flow, gymnastic, parktour, breakdancing, hand-balancing and strength training. There are some workouts that have a similar style, but Animal Flow is different due to the transitions sequences. Is a workouts where you are moving on a room space (box) Is not being in a Mat for an entire workout. For that reason is more dynamic and your HR goes up fast. Mike's philosophy and workout appeal to my currents interests. He's very nice and in the past had responded to my questions by email kindly.

Mike Fitch "I’ve always been interested in non-traditional methods of exercise, but was inspired to seek out new ventures when I was just no longer feeling challenged in my day-to-day routine. I embarked on a search for a new and different avenue of training that would allow me to continually improve my body while still having a ton of fun. My quest led me to begin exploring a variety of new fitness and exercises disciplines. The resulting journey has been an exciting adventure"

"I encourage you to think of Animal Flow as a practice even more so than a workout. Much like yoga or a martial art, it is a discipline that requires perfect practice to achieve perfect results"

Here's a link to the workout. Today I received an newsletter email from Mike and he announced a discount code available (that prompted me to write about it) 20% off code APRILFLOW through today Monday. The cost can be considered expensive, but if someone is really interested in this discipline is worth it. Today I practiced for 1 hour, this workout is great. I felt the burn in my upper/lower body because you are always on fours. Requires balance, strength & agility. If you like to take your workout outdoors this is perfect. I practice when I feel energized and mentally focus to follow a paper workout. When I come tire from work I pop a DVD I have being enjoying this workout style a lot.

The download comes with a instructional, practice and demonstration of each exercises and combos, and a bonus section with around 4 new exercises and sequences. This last section incorporate more breakdancing inspired moves.

This is not a follow on workout. The package includes a PDF download with 6 paper workouts routines set as progressions. Is a DVD'r if you want to include it.

http://www.globalbodyweighttraining....alflow-coupon/

http://www.globalbodyweighttraining....e-animal-flow/

Sorry, if the workout was brought up before, I searched and nothing came up.
Old 04-23-12, 12:21 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

gah!!!!!

that's really cool looking

enabler :P
Old 04-23-12, 12:33 AM  
CharM

It looks good. Some of these moves are in various workouts, but I'm sure it's challenging doing them all at once.
This calls for the "hunky guys with no shirts" tag.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 12:47 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
That is the ONLY thing that looks good about this workout to me!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 12:48 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Done.
Old 04-23-12, 09:07 AM  
pharma_gal

How long is each workout? Can you give us some examples of the moves? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 09:39 AM  
suegy3

Nice video and I love the tag.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 09:56 AM  
andtckrtoo

This looks really cool. I've done some of these moves in Bukodon. They are not as difficult as they look to perform but they do get the heart rate up and work you well.

And, yeah, the hunky guys with no shirts - *sigh*...
Old 04-23-12, 11:32 AM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Done.

Haha! You are always on top of things.
LOL @ moonbeam's post
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 11:44 AM  
Darisa

As much as I lurve hunky guys without shirts I'm gonna skip this one. Looks interesting though.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal, body weight exercises, bodyweight, breakdance, capoeira, gymnastics, hunky guys with no shirts