Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-02, 10:55 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Anyone setting fall goals

I have two big ones. One is to get up in the morning and work out at least 3 days on my 4 day weeks and 4 days on my 5 day weeks. I'll settle for "making up" missed days the following week.

I also plan to get back into yoga. It did wonders for my aches and pains of getting older - I'm 41. So at least 3 days a week 2 days with a minimum of 20 minutes and one longer day.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 11:53 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I'll join in with you, Lynn. My fall goal is to stay consistent with 4-5 workouts per week and also to try to nurture my body and mind with gentler workouts and more meditation\relaxation sessions.
Old 09-05-02, 12:28 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

- I should have a job by sometime this fall and have been holding off on buying videos online (where the biggest selection for me is), not to mention buying other things. So I should be working on my new finds. I have no particular goals yet concerning how I'll be using them, but that purchase list is still forming in my head. (First purchases should include NIA, a few different kinds of yoga, and certain Pilates ones to be determined. If I get really lucky, a rebounder.)

- Also, the VCR where I have workout space needs to be repaired. Since nothing's been done so far, a short-term goal is to learn more about VCR repair.

- My spring goal was to take more outdoor walking, which I've somewhat had, but I haven't walked a particular route since winter. I'll try to schedule a hike there, as it can easily take an entire afternoon, after the hot season this fall--if it gets that hot--but before the rainy (muddy) season and early darkness.

- I also have a strength rotation in mind that should be interesting. It will also take me through the end of the year. The schedule works out for a rest week or more during what should be a visit to distant relatives.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 10:13 PM  
Genevieve M

my fall goals...

To become an intermediate (or possibly advanced) in-line skater. I would like to use that as my cardio until it gets too cold or snowy to do it.

Other goals:

. get a good job - I've been laid off since June, and I hate it
. start weight training again
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 10:31 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

My fall goals

My first goal is to get back into the kind of shape I used to be in a couple of years ago---and I'm on my way (though still have a ways to go). It's really true what they say, "Use it or lose it." I feel like I've been deluding myself into thinking I'm in better shape than I really am (it's easy to do that until you pull out an advanced Cathe tape and feel your body crying out for mercy). So, my plan is to work out first thing in the morning (which means getting up earlier---[have mercy on this night owl]---and to do very high intensity cardio most days, followed by abs, and at least one body part for strength.

My other goals are to do yoga and to take dance classes. I'm not sure I'll have the time to do the classes, but at least I have some good videos to keep me on my toes .

My non-fitness goal is to record a CD before the end of the year.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 10:38 PM  
Isalay
VF Supporter

Fall Goals

I haven't posted in a long time . So first off, my goal is to start particpating in the forum more and start writing some reviews! My other goal is to do Pilates. I have a couple of tapes that I use on an occasional basis, but I'd like to start really getting into a consistent practice of 2-3 times a week.
Old 09-05-02, 10:43 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

My goals for this semester:

1) finish my Ph.D. work
2) finish my Ph.D work without going crazy!
3) maintain my fitness level while finishing my Ph.D. work

If that's all I accomplish this semester, I'll be thrilled!

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-02, 02:06 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Colleen
My goals for this semester:

1) finish my Ph.D. work
2) finish my Ph.D work without going crazy!
3) maintain my fitness level while finishing my Ph.D. work

If that's all I accomplish this semester, I'll be thrilled!
That's a lot! We'll all be thrilled for you too!
Old 09-06-02, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

To learn dancey choreography

My goal for fall is to learn and hopefully master some dancier/more complex choreography. I've always admired dancers and people w/ coordination and I'm thinking that if I just practice, I too, can be coordinated and graceful. I would like to master stage 2 of Christi's Step Heaven, but I think that may be reaching for the stars!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-02, 10:21 AM  
Lucy K
VF Supporter

Workout 4 - 5 times / week

My goals this fall include keeping up with my morning workouts whenever possible (as in, when DH isn't traveling and can take care of DS when he wakes up).

I also want to incorporate more abs work, whether it's traditional stuff or pilates and to get back into tacking on yoga after workouts (even if that means a shorter cardio or strength session).

Lucy K
Lucy K is offline   Reply With Quote