Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-04, 04:49 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn
Alta, what a very "non-curmudgeonly" thread from you!
I was ready to post "who are you, and what have you done with Alta?" But then you went into the large type wail .
Old 02-25-04, 05:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Show me the money!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn
I wonder if some of these bigger companies (which are the ones who seem to have the worst customer service) are under the impression that they make so much profit anyway, and have so many people order again and again (ie: Goodtimes) that if they have a 10% dissatisfaction rate, tough cookies!
Tha't s good point, Kathryn. The PROFIT angle. If a company like Beachbody is still making money hand over fist, why worry about a few squeaky wheels.

I have had good luck with larger companies. Amazon and Collage have both quickly and politely resolved any problems.

I had great customer service form Fitness Wholesale when a Body Bar I ordered arrived damaged. They said to keep it and sent another for free. I'm sure they were not thrilled to have to do that, but were polite and sent it quickly.

Honestly, it's a frustrating topic. Why can't I leave it alone?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-04, 05:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mollie F.
I was ready to post "who are you, and what have you done with Alta?" But then you went into the large type wail .
Thank you, thank you very much.

Alta has left the building!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-25-04, 05:20 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Because good customer service is important. Customer relations in general is slowly disappearing. How frustrating is it when you call a company and you are prompted a gazillion times before you are given the option to talk to a human!?

My DH refuses to order anything online even if it is cheaper. He wants that personal contact and is willing to pay a higher price for customer relations.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-04, 05:50 PM  
MRM

I had great CS from TLP today

I had ordered the three new DVDs from Tracie's company. Today the package arrived with VHS tapes in it. I suspect it was my ordering error but I called and Tracie called me back, apologizing profusely (even though I don't think it was their fault) and saying she'd send out the DVDs immediately with something to compensate me for having to pay to send the tapes back.

Great experience and it was fun to hear her voice on the phone. I'm such a fan of hers.
MRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 07:57 AM  
dallasbeach

Smile Thank you!

Hi! I have to begin by thanking Alta for her gracious act of GIVING FEEDBACK and spreading good news! Thank you Alta.

After reading the replies to this post, I think it's safe for me to say that I agree with most of the opinions. I am mainly writing because I am grateful for all of those people from this website (videofitness.com) who have made purchases from Cardio Coach and to those who have re-enforced my convictions for staying focused on this journey by letting me know how much they enjoyed our products. (there have been some pretty tough times)

As far as customer service goes, there is no excuse for not providing better than expected service by any company - large or small. I can see how it would appear that a large company has a tougher job providing good service but the fact is, it all starts from the top. If the top feels that providing good service is a priority, resources will be made to accomodate that wish. So, with that my feedback is that some people just don't care.

As a consumer myself, many times I am taught how to NOT do things and then every once and a while a company comes along and shows me how to do it better.

The fact remains that providing better than good service is tough. Especially when a company is not at a place - just yet - to run on its own. But somebody taught me a while back that if it were easy, everybody would be doing it and if everybody was doing it, how could those of us who care stand out?

One thing is for sure though - several customers who found Cardio Coach through this site have let me know that the extra efforts paid off.

AND it is because of that feedback and other feedback concerning the enjoyment of the workouts that Cardio Coach will soon be in a place in which all of our time can be devoted to reaching as many people as we possibly can and multiplying our efforts to please people - not to mention - to guide, motivate, inspire and coach them to optimal health.

We are growing and I believe you're going to like it

Thanks again Alta - and to all of you who have voiced your opinions!

Best in health,

Sean O'Malley
dallasbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 09:24 AM  
Messe

more praise for Rich Decker

The cover on my BodyWedge had a hole in it, and I asked Rich for a replacement cover. He sent me a second BodyWedge! And he was great when I had problems ordering online when I originally bought my BodyWedge--I e-mailed him, and he called me and we walked through the process step by step. And I really appreciate the fact that the DVDs are priced so reasonably--the three add-ons were only $30 total. Great products, great customer service! and again.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-04, 10:48 PM  
bdandy3
VF Supporter

2 more shining examples!

This past week, I received 2 defective dvds....one from DDD and one from the company that sells Erich Schiffman's....I emailed both companys and received same day replies from both.

The Erich Schiffman email said that a new copy was already on its way to me and apologized for the error.

Deep Discount DVD also apologized for the error and is sending a mailer and will replace it.

Nice to know there are more great companies out there!

You cannot be good or bad at yoga. Just do what you can and you will reap the rewards.
Alan Finger
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-04, 12:12 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Re: 2 more shining examples!

Quote:
Originally posted by bdandy3
Nice to know there are more great companies out there!
Thanks for posting.

We always need to hear the good stuff!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-29-04, 03:31 AM  
ARTYGIRL
VF Supporter

more: Fitness1st and Pitbull Clothing

I have recently had fabulous service from these two companies:

With Fitness1st, the product I ordered was out of stock in the color I ordered. They telephoned me, not only to let me know the color was out of stock, but gave me detailed information on when it would be back in stock, offered to ship me another color immediately or the color I ordered when it came in with free shipping since "we couldn't make good on your order." They not only sent me the color I ordered with free shipping, they upgraded the shipping so I wouldn't have to wait so long. (this without my asking!)

Pitbull also ran out of a top that I had ordered. Dave from Pitbull telephoned me and went over their entire catalog on the phone to help me find a replacement (which he then sold to me for the sale price of the original item, despite the replacement item listing for about $8 more).

I'm happy to be able to contribute to this thread. Thanks for starting it, Alta!

Marie

"A trimuph of art over logic"
(Manic Street Preachers)
ARTYGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote