Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-19, 03:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I like that linda has free workouts on youtube and for purchase on DVD.

but the reality is that I rarely work out from youtube. plus, DVDs are forever.

do her later DVD workouts have premixes? her earlier DVDs had the premixes but the premixes aren't available from downloads since downloads are not programmable.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 03:23 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I don’t like to purchase her free YouTube workouts either. If you go to her playlists on her channel and scroll down a little bit you’ll find where she has grouped her free series which makes it a bit easier to figure out what’s free and what isn’t. The Ankle Weight series and Loop Chisel series are free but not the Double Loop series. Linda used to do that with her box sets where some were free on YouTube and she’d combine it with one or two series that weren’t. She doesn’t do that anymore. Any box sets she has made since that are all youtube workouts she only sells on Amazon which is nice for those who don’t like or can’t stream YouTube. Box sets on Linda’s site and Mary’s will be only nonYouTube workouts.

However, Linda will swap out workouts from box sets with other series so you get what you want. Like I said before, she is crazy easy to work with. Just send her an email with any questions and give her 24 hours to get back to you due to the time difference.

Also Endurance 100, 110 and 120 are not that far off from Tonique workouts just slightly shorter as they seem to average 45 minutes or so. I’d strongly recommend checking out her Endurance 90 series on YouTube first to make sure you’re comfortable with those as the 100s are harder (or take advantage of the sale for when you’re ready). My personal favorite is 90 Lower (I like all of the 90s but really really like Lower). I think she struck gold with that one. For me it was the perfect length, the perfect difficulty level, and it gave me the confidence I needed to try and complete Tonique Ageless 1 and 2, Rise Up, RT27 etc.

Oh, and I think her best rebounder workouts are free on YouTube too. I adore the Bounce Intervals series. They are deceptively tough. I also really like her first rebounder workout Total Body. It’s about 55 minutes. Her express bounce workouts are good too just too short for my purposes but they pack a punch in a short time. I have used them as finishers for other workouts. I don’t have the one rebounder series not on YouTube. I think she has improved a lot from her first Bounce workouts with the exception of Total Body. I just love that workout. Because of that I am hesitant to buy that one series as it was the second rebounder series she made. HTH
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 06:30 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks cjayd, that's a lot of help! Like Bzar I do think to myself, "what if her workouts aren't available on youtube anymore." I remember that happened with Millionaire Hoy and Mike Donovanik. I put off trying their free youtube workouts and then one day they were gone! I think I'll try the ankle weight and loop workouts on youtube first and then if I decide I want to keep them I'll get them at another sale. I actually didn't like any of her online rebounder workouts that I tried

It looks like for me it's going to be Mix and Match and the Endurance ones. I'll try Endurance 90 before I decide though. Unless someone thinks of another set that I need
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 08:56 AM  
Dontmindthemess

I would say definitely get the Endurance and Mix and Match Series. I don’t have the drop sets and I probably have the loop but the reality is that I would rather do a total body workout with Linda and not just one part. I just don’t want to spend 20+ minutes on outer thighs or inner thighs. I’m not saying the workouts aren’t good, they just don’t fit into my needs. Just want to add that I did functional mat for the first time this morning and I really enjoyed it! Tough but doable and it has that stretch element to it.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 10:48 AM  
buffmama

I love these types of threads. Concrete info, comparing and contrasting different workouts - makes it easier to get a sense of what they're all about. Thanks for starting the thread bubbles.
Old 09-19-19, 12:27 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I love these types of threads. Concrete info, comparing and contrasting different workouts - makes it easier to get a sense of what they're all about. Thanks for starting the thread bubbles.
Agreed!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 01:04 PM  
bubbles76

I am just glad to be enabled lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-21-19, 11:41 AM  
Tammie M

I was enabled also. I just ordered Tone, Chisel and Sculpt with the Mix and Match Series.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 07:51 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Yes, Mix and Match uses light weights, ball, band, things like that, but what I like most is I can create my own hour-ish total body workout by putting together whatever segments I want...it's really well put together that way and quite effective! These are also endurance type workouts like the 100, 110, 120 series but thankfully shorter than those intervals. I haven't even worked my way through all of them yet. Hope that helps!!
I really like her Mix and Match series. They are all interval based. The 80/10 workouts are Tonique-like and total body like. I haven't done every single one, but the Arms 40/20 is really tough with with body weight exercises like pushups mixed with barre-like micro movements. I think that one is my favorite from the whole set. I liked the Abs 80/20 for kind of a Tonique-style workout and it was more total body like. So a nice short on time workout. The leg workouts (and any of them) make great add ons since they are short and to the point.

I probably use the Mix and Match more as add ons, but they would be excellent the way Kittybug said, to bring three together for a total body workout! They are on different DVDs so it is slightly cumbersome but thankfully Linda's DVDs don't have a bunch of ads or anything like other DVDs.

Of course the whole Endurance set are winners for their Tonique style.

I never purchased the Drop Set series, I just do not want to spend that much time on a single muscle group!

I actually bought the Loop Chisel from the last set you mentioned separately on Amazon before I realized I should have waited for the 3-DVD set. I like the Loop Chisel set a lot but it would say it isn't as hard as some of her other work. I also have the double loop set and it is very challenging, in fact when I've done it, sometimes I've just gone down to one loop But it doesn't get as much use from me because it is just so much time on one body part. For no particular reason I never picked up the the ankle weight set.
Old 09-30-19, 11:18 AM  
bubbles76

Last day of the sale is today. Any last minute enabling on other sets? I did wind up purchasing the Endurance set and Mix and Match

Tags
animals in background, barlates sale, drop sets, endurance 100, linda wooldridge, linda wooldridge sale, mix and match